[PRP - East] Expectation (Qi and Bai) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:07 pm
There were so many things to learn, so many questions to ask. It was doubtful whether he'd be able to contain himself and stop going off on random tangents. The problem with Bai Bo was that his enthusiasm meant he wanted to learn everything at once - even when that wasn't even possible.

"No. I don't." He admitted without a pause. He'd come here as an adult, not a cub able to learn as he grew. He had a lot to catch up on.

He nodded as she answered his question and filed the idea away for another time. Perhaps when he was done learning about the East, he would get permission to enter another house and see what else he could learn.

He nodded. "When I arrived, Yua'Lopoka Mila told me that the pride was still in the beginning of its life." Another aspect that had interested him. To be a part of an early age pride would be an honour and a joy. "Hopefully that will make things slightly easier, coming now instead of a few generations along."

He paused. "So the pride is quite small, being in its early stages, I take it? Smaller than I am used to, anyway." He paused. "You are the first I have met here, Qī Wàng, I'll admit. I've been keeping myself to myself these past few days." He took another pause, considering. "Are the records kept in a special place to be viewed?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:19 pm
So he couldn't read or write? Kumbuka's mouth formed a small frown, but it wasn't a worry. It would just make the progress a little slower, until he had learnt the basics. She, however, wasn't an expert in the field of teaching. "Well then, I'd suggest you approach one of our teachers, and ask them if they might teach you. I'm no expert in the field, although I certainly know that once you have a basic grasp, reading the records will help you improve tremendously."

Suddenly, she smiled - he clearly had a fair bit to learn. Her smile was an almost amused one as she shook her head lightly, sighing as she looked up to him. "Bai Bo, within the pride you may use our proper names. Yua'Lopoka Mila may be called Yi Min, as you call me Qī Wàng. Keep in mind, however, that these names are strictly for use in the pride - should you ever venture out of the borders for any reason, you must use your common name."

She nodded - he was right. Joining a pride in an earlier generation allowed you to become an actual part of it's history, rather than just read about it. It was an honour Kumbuka was very proud to carry. His next words brought another smile in the female, worrying her a little - she was smiling so much more today. And her work - oh, how she'd neglected her work! She'd have to shield her emotions better in the future. But...her work included teaching others about the history of the pride. So this wasn't too bad.

"The Houses themselves are small, yes, but all together we're a stable pride. There are more membres than you might think, Bai Bo." she spoke, in a knowing way. Her eyes were bright at his next words, and almost cheeky grin gracing her maw, "Well then, Bai Bo, may I say it's been an honour to meet your accquaintance? Finding one with similar interests to I isn't a common occurance in this pride."

She paused to continue listening to him, nodding rather eagerly as the turned, a clear indication for him to follow. "I have a page of the records here, but the rest is kept in my den, for easy reach should I need to suddenly record an event. I can take you there, should you like?"

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:28 pm
"I will do that." He nodded. "As soon as I can. I had best get started right away if I expect to grasp even the finest details of this House."

He paused then and nodded thoughtfully. So that had settled his question about names. "So, even if one does not introduce themselves as such? On the day I met him, he used his...common name. I suppose I'd forgot to consider that changed once I had joined. It will take some getting used to, this double naming." But he liked it. He liked having a name he could reserve for those who were worthy of knowing it - not rogues, not fools.

"Yi Min, then. Just as you are Qī Wàng." He nodded. "I don't think I'll ever be venturing outside in any case, but if there are others like me - rogues wishing to join - then it'll be useful to remember that." He paused, thinking of his common name now. The name his mother had given him. His dear mother.

But Yen Ha was the name for the lion he had been. Bai Bo was the lion of the future, the lion he would strive to become.

He smiled back, finding the expression unsual. A lion who was so full of frowns did not often find the pleasure in a smile. But now he was able to use such an expression and it was oddly refreshing, if not a little odd.

"The honour was all mine. Truly. It has been good talking with you, knowing that I can move my knowledge forwards. I'm glad we've found something we can talk about." He bowed his head a little and was up on his paws in an instant. "I would like that, if it's not an inconvience. I cannot read them, of course, but maybe you can read me some things from them that I can spend a while contemplating."

Contemplating. His favourite hobby.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:40 pm
She smiled again. Ah - she'd been confused about the names also, when she'd first joined. It had taken a good while of teasing from the other juveniles for her to finally realize that calling people by such common names could almost be taken as an insult. "Ah, but that will be because you were a rogue when you joined, yes? Now you are a member of the East House of Tianxia, and as such have earned the right to use proper names. " she pointed out, in a manner she might not usually. Usually, she'd be a little blunt, as if the point was obvious. She was a little more gentle with this lion, however...why, she didn't quite know.

She was pleased she'd helped him realize the error, and he now knew how to fix it. He picked things up rather quickly, she noticed - learning the language shouldn't be any trouble for him, in that case. And ah, a returning smile? It pleased her, to know that she'd done something to earn a smile off of another. Usually it'd be from the royalty, as a reward for her dedication to her work. But for something so trivial as some advice...it was pleasant. It made her think that maybe hiding her emotions all the time wasn't the best way forwards - the odd smile now and again could affect people for the better.

He bowed his head to her, and she responded with an incline of her own head - she didn't lower it as far as his. She still remembered her place, above his, although now she didn't feel as authoratative. On the same level as him, almost. "That'd be most acceptable - a helpful way for me to check for inaccuracies is to read aloud, so you'll be doing me a favour, also. It's not far - this way, please."

She inclined her head once more before continuing in the direction she'd first headed, quickly fetching the page she'd been studying before veering off a little, towards the dens of the East House. She lead the way, looking back every now and again to check he was following, but otherwise leading and showing the way towards her den.

Yes...today had most certainly been a good day.

/fin.  

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out