Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:08 am
One is for writing on wax (they don't have access to paper), and the other for carving on stone:

User Image

Example block: (The first Verse of The Raven King)

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:00 pm
that is so cool! is it an actual developed tongue to follow or is it just translated English into the script?  

Song Wei

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:44 am
There is an actual conlag, yes. I posted a proto-version of Pilael a while ago, but I'm working on an updated thread for it since a lot of thing have changed. You can see the Anglicization of the Raven King verse here (along with the wax lettered script versions, of course).  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:23 pm
it is so beautiful!  

Song Wei

JeSuisMustapha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:04 am
I just got freaked out a little. Your n in the stone is the exact same symbol I used for n in my first attempt at a conlang. Only one of us actually continued to finish it razz *points at you*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:25 am
JeSuisMustapha
I just got freaked out a little. Your n in the stone is the exact same symbol I used for n in my first attempt at a conlang. Only one of us actually continued to finish it razz *points at you*

Really? That's kind of freaky.

It wouldn't be nearly as odd if the wax letter had resembled yours, since the shapes of the letters are supposed to invoke the sound. But the sstone letters are just variations on the wax letters. Hm...  

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JeSuisMustapha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:00 pm
I'm still weirded out a bit razz But I love how you developped slightly different writing styles depending on their material! It is genious biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:37 am
JeSuisMustapha
I'm still weirded out a bit razz But I love how you developped slightly different writing styles depending on their material! It is genious biggrin

More like Practical. There are too many curves in the wax letters to really work well for carving. So I make a variation with only vertical and diagonal strokes that could be easily chiseled.  

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JeSuisMustapha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:54 am
Would you mind if I stole this idea? (of practicality biggrin )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:58 am
JeSuisMustapha
Would you mind if I stole this idea? (of practicality biggrin )

Not at all.

Be sure to keep in mind that horizontal strokes are harder because you don't have gravity helping you.  

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Song Wei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:15 pm
I tried making something like this today!! its not as good though... yours is amazing o.o *drools*

but mine was more for carving in trees and another version for writing in sand or with ink on walls of marble... but the language I made for wasn't very developed so there weren't enough symbols to make it awesome... ah well...

I love this o.o its so good!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:05 am
Shangroulu
I tried making something like this today!! its not as good though... yours is amazing o.o *drools*

but mine was more for carving in trees and another version for writing in sand or with ink on walls of marble... but the language I made for wasn't very developed so there weren't enough symbols to make it awesome... ah well...

Carved letters and Pen letters are good realistic variations of an alphabet. (The wax letters are actually a variation on pen letters as they would be written with a stylus. The main reason I specified is because the Conculture this language goes with does not have any access to paper.)

And well, the symbols for this was just my take on the motion associated with each of the sounds. So the letters feel really natural to me. (I occasionally-accidentally- write "Pa" instead of "P". Boy, that's embarrassing.)  

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Song Wei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:18 pm
Tesar Eshne
Shangroulu

Carved letters and Pen letters are good realistic variations of an alphabet. (The wax letters are actually a variation on pen letters as they would be written with a stylus. The main reason I specified is because the Conculture this language goes with does not have any access to paper.)

And well, the symbols for this was just my take on the motion associated with each of the sounds. So the letters feel really natural to me. (I occasionally-accidentally- write "Pa" instead of "P". Boy, that's embarrassing.)
wow! that is so cool! I just think this is a VERY good job you have here! I love it!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:21 pm
Shangroulu
Tesar Eshne
Shangroulu

wow! that is so cool! I just think this is a VERY good job you have here! I love it!

I'm Sorry, I'm processing a little slowly today. Did I do I good job with my Conculture? Or With making the shapes intuitive? Or with the Alphabets in General?  

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Song Wei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm
Tesar Eshne
Shangroulu
Tesar Eshne
Shangroulu

I'm Sorry, I'm processing a little slowly today. Did I do I good job with my Conculture? Or With making the shapes intuitive? Or with the Alphabets in General?
I thought they had a very good natural feel about them, every part of it! as for the culture it was awesome! I love it!  
Conscripts & Orthographies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff