Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:01 pm
i don't even

RAEG  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:15 pm
meh, if it isn't a april fools joke then whoopi. I kinda find the idea interesting, if it isn't bogus that is.  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:04 pm
It's an atrocity. Silent Hill is supposed to be about atmosphere, and Silent Hill 1 did it amazingly through characterization and story progression. This game looks to change all of that. It's sheer butchery.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:32 pm
oh so because it's different it's bad right

With better graphics, better controls, better disc capacity, and a better grasp on the series, I don't really think they can do anything but improve. sweatdrop Why don't you wait and play it? You might like it.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Devlin Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:18 am
As a long time Silent Hill fan I'm intrigued by the idea. I don't get what the hell they did to Cybil, but... ehh...

Though This does remind me when Akira Yamaoka said that Silent Hill will never been on the Wii because it was too "hardcore"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:11 am
Devlin Darkness
As a long time Silent Hill fan I'm intrigued by the idea. I don't get what the hell they did to Cybil, but... ehh...

Though This does remind me when Akira Yamaoka said that Silent Hill will never been on the Wii because it was too "hardcore"
It's something like what they said about Sonic being in Brawl.

Money talks, principles walk. xd  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:07 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Devlin Darkness

At least it's not an on rails shooter.

I won't lie. I'm interested in this. No combat, only fleeing? Sounds tense.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:41 pm
Waynebrizzle
-Zephyrotica-
Devlin Darkness

But the panicked, frantic combat was part of the atmosphere. emo  

Allegro

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:28 pm
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
-Zephyrotica-
Devlin Darkness

What's to say it won't be the same?

Silent Hill is essentially a survival game -- you're a writer, aren't you? I doubt they'll change the combat much; if anything, you'll throw punches and aim your gun with the Wiimote!

The major change I picked up from the article was that it was becoming more of a sandbox game. Perhaps they added a bunch of different endings depending on the events in the game. But I don't think they would go so far as to change it to an FPS or anything.

I've always been too scared to play Silent Hill, so I've only watched other people over their shoulders, but to this day, when I hear radio static I get freaked out... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:52 pm
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
-Zephyrotica-
Devlin Darkness

I'm not really a huge Silent Hill fan, so I guess that's why it doesn't bother me. I'd agree that it's a little lame if you can't even pick up a broom or something, though. If this is a good survival horror game (seeing as it's Silent Hill I'm sure it is) on the Wii and really takes advantage of the controls I'm so getting it.

Also, here's scans of the entire Nintendo Power story. I'm in the process of reading it. The quiz in the beginning sounds pretty amazing.

http://helldescent.com/nintendo-power-silent-hill-shattered-memories-scans/

edit: Is that shadow casting effect with the flashlight in the pictures for real?  

Waynebrizzle

Devlin Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:12 pm
There's something strange goin' in Silent Hill, who you gonna call?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:15 pm
Devlin Darkness

The army. They have ******** tanks. Some faggots with vacuums coming in and sucking down all the floating white things doesnt work out all the time.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:31 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Devlin Darkness

The army. They have ******** tanks. Some faggots with vacuums coming in and sucking down all the floating white things doesnt work out all the time.

Egon >>>> army  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff