Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Orlando Meet-Up Discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there anyone that's still here?
  Yes
View Results

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:15 am
Zelexia

So what does your new schedule look like?
Assuming there's no overtime I have to work, I work 2nd shift Monday-Friday. When people get off of training (possibly in a month or two), my schedule is rumored to switch to still being 2nd shift, but Sunday-Thursday. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:05 pm
Considering a Fall Meet-up in November.

Vote and comment on your preferred Meet-up Day(s)!

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:44 am
I'm working part time now and my schedule changes every month and I never know what my schedule will be for the next month until the end of the current month. So I have no idea what days off I will have in November. The only guaranteed days off I have are weekends. They tend to give me some Wednesdays and Thursdays off randomly, but I never know for sure which ones I will get. I rarely get other days of the week off. As of right now I would say probably the best day for me would be Sunday because it seems like lately people have been inviting me to all sorts of things and they are always on Saturdays. But if I know far enough ahead of time I could probably set aside a Saturday.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:33 pm
Vickicat
my schedule changes every month and I never know what my schedule will be for the next month until the end of the current month. So I have no idea what days off I will have in November. The only guaranteed days off I have are weekends.

I rarely get other days of the week off. As of right now I would say probably the best day for me would be Sunday

Pretty much the same for me.  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:07 am
The day of the week won't be a big deal once the HHN rush is over at my hotel, so I'm pretty much game for any day. There's no way to host anything at my home on a work night, but if we go out for a movie or something in the afternoon, Sunday shouldn't be too bad for me.

Maybe we can get a bite to eat and catch a movie at the Artegon Cinemark or something? That said, I'm pretty open to any suggestions if you have a better idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:53 pm
My gosh, it's already the first week of November. Time sure flies, especially when work's been hectic.

Is anyone still interested in having a Meet-up? I've been looking at the week of 11/16-22 for possible dates, or should we push the meet-up back to December? Are your available days still the same?  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:51 pm
I'm working everyday this week.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:08 pm
TheRob
Then to heck with it. I've got family in the hospital, stuff at work, and all that jazz right now anyway, who needs more stress.

I put in for the weekend off so I can go to Holiday Matsuri next month, so maybe then.  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:11 pm
Zelexia
TheRob
Then to heck with it. I've got family in the hospital, stuff at work, and all that jazz right now anyway, who needs more stress.

I put in for the weekend off so I can go to Holiday Matsuri next month, so maybe then.
I have a feeling it would have mainly been just us anyway. sweatdrop

Sorry to hear about your family. Hope they're getting better. sweatdrop heart emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 am
Wow, it didn't dawn on me until just now, this topic is over a decade old now...

The thread was started on Monday March 30, 2009 4:09 am.

I remember when I started this thread, it wasn't the Orlando Meet-Up Discussion, but something else I can't quite recall that was probably quite emo. I posted out of desperation, I was terribly lonely and in a really bad place at the time. You all really saved me, gave me hope and something to look forward to in my monotonous existence back then. Spending time with all of you made me feel like I belonged somewhere at a time when I felt like I didn't fit in anywhere.

I also remember when it began to peter out. Everyone's lives got busier and messier, mine included. Fewer and fewer folks were interested in attending meet-ups. Some were still interested and they just couldn't attend them for other, usually adult-y, reasons. A lot of people no longer had time in their lives for Gaia, or just outgrew it altogether. We all grew apart as we focused on our own lives.

I still love this guild and this thread, even though the time I allocate to it is very minimal right now.

Thank you for reading my reminiscent ramblings. Anyone want to join me with memories of old meet-ups?  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers