Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Orlando Meet-Up Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 95 96 97 98 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there anyone that's still here?
  Yes
View Results

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:09 am
Welcome to the Orlando Meet-Up Discussion!

On a scale of Definitely to Kinda, how dead is this guild right now?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:47 pm
It depends on your age and preferences. How old are you? Do you have friends to hang out with?  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 pm
I sometimes go to I-drive. Fun spot, go-carting, citywalk, outlets, Florida mall, regal movie, mini golfing( there is that one golf course that glows in the dark), laser tag, Ripelys, Parks. ^o^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:26 am
ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box
It depends on your age and preferences. How old are you? Do you have friends to hang out with?
I'm 24 years old, so at least I have that going for me. Friends to hang out with? Nope. Most of them are new moms and they have more important things to do than hang out with me. I can't handle kids, and I'm not ready for babies. I need to branch out socially and enjoy things that don't involve screaming toddlers.

purplekitty
I sometimes go to I-drive. Fun spot, go-carting, citywalk, outlets, Florida mall, regal movie, mini golfing( there is that one golf course that glows in the dark), laser tag, Ripelys, Parks. ^o^
Ooooh, now that is a good idea, except that tourists scare me... One of the big things is that I hate going out alone, but I can never get anyone to go with me. (Yes, I'm a big baby, but it's boring alone and a lot safer to go out with a group.)

Although... I do know a promo manager for Regal, so I can get in for free to those theaters...  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

GranoblasticMan

Invisible Lunatic

11,800 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:04 pm
Zelexia
ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box
I'm 24 years old, so at least I have that going for me.

How YOU doin'? wink ( Haha, I'm 23. Man, seems a lot of the GoF members are older than the typical "average" -- wait, that's redundant -- than the average age of Gaians )

Zelexia
Friends to hang out with? Nope. Most of them are new moms and they have more important things to do than hang out with me. I can't handle kids, and I'm not ready for babies. I need to branch out socially and enjoy things that don't involve screaming toddlers.

purplekitty
Ooooh, now that is a good idea, except that tourists scare me... One of the big things is that I hate going out alone, but I can never get anyone to go with me. (Yes, I'm a big baby, but it's boring alone and a lot safer to go out with a group.)

Although... I do know a promo manager for Regal, so I can get in for free to those theaters...

eek You have connections. I like.

Haha, anyway, I'm in O-town too smile Going here for school (don't ask why I'm 23 and still haven't graduated yet... sweatdrop ), so I live close to the school ( Rouse Rd and Colonial, basically ).

Drop me a line some time if you're bored. Oh, and if you're into video or computer games, there's always chillin' at my place. My roomie and I are pretty big into gaming.

Purplekitty mentioned laser tag. I've always wanted to try Hard Knocks ( http://www.hardknocksorlando.com/ ), but I've never gathered up the courage to go for anything more than just chilling with friends in the lounge and soaking up free wireless. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:26 am
So I get caught up in everything and it take days for me to answer my own thread. sweatdrop If it makes you feel any better I'm 24 and I still haven't completed my AA, even though I've been after it off and on since 2003, but life kind of does that to you.

The only reason I have that connection for Regal Cinema is that the fellow happens to live in the Apartment Complex where I work Night Security... Poor guy has to see me almost every night... rolleyes

But anyway, working security is the reason for the odd schedule and weird days off, you take what you can get. I have Sunday and Monday Nights off, but I can't drive to get around even then. I don't usually admit this, but I've got something of a phobia of Driving in Traffic, and I can't afford a car anyway, so there's no helping it at the moment.

If there's something cool in Downtown it's not so bad, but I can't travel very far from home without a ride, which is totally loserly, but that's how it is. I end up busing it a lot, so places like the FL Mall are easy to get to, I should know since the bus I take to get to and from work goes by there every night, but there are other places that aren't so accessible, esp late at night. emo

Video Games are fun, but aside from DDR, and a few others on occasion, I really don't play much of anything. I do enjoy watching other people play just about any game so long as it isn't a FPS. I find first person shooters rather boring.  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

GranoblasticMan

Invisible Lunatic

11,800 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:10 pm
Zelexia
So I get caught up in everything and it take days for me to answer my own thread. sweatdrop If it makes you feel any better I'm 24 and I still haven't completed my AA, even though I've been after it off and on since 2003, but life kind of does that to you.

Yeah, I can definitely relate sad

Zelexia
The only reason I have that connection for Regal Cinema is that the fellow happens to live in the Apartment Complex where I work Night Security... Poor guy has to see me almost every night... rolleyes

Hey, night security is awesome. People like you make sure people like me can sleep at night without having to worry... And trust me, in a city like Orlando, there's plenty to keep one up at night worrying =/

Zelexia
But anyway, working security is the reason for the odd schedule and weird days off, you take what you can get. I have Sunday and Monday Nights off, but I can't drive to get around even then. I don't usually admit this, but I've got something of a phobia of Driving in Traffic, and I can't afford a car anyway, so there's no helping it at the moment.

No shame in that. Hell, nobody LIKES driving in traffic. If it were up to me, I wouldn't own a car either. Once I went to Munich and saw how easy it was to get around European cities without a car, it really changed my perspective on the whole thing. Just wish we had better public transportation over here sad

Zelexia
If there's something cool in Downtown it's not so bad, but I can't travel very far from home without a ride, which is totally loserly, but that's how it is. I end up busing it a lot, so places like the FL Mall are easy to get to, I should know since the bus I take to get to and from work goes by there every night, but there are other places that aren't so accessible, esp late at night. emo

Admittedly, I haven't spent much time downtown since I moved over here from the Tampa Bay area =/ But as far as needing rides, there's nothing wrong with that either. smile

Zelexia
Video Games are fun, but aside from DDR, and a few others on occasion, I really don't play much of anything. I do enjoy watching other people play just about any game so long as it isn't a FPS. I find first person shooters rather boring.

Haha, what about Guitar Hero and Rock Band? My roomie and I are all about those games smile

Anyway, the meetup idea sounds cool. I'd definitely be down for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 pm
GranoblasticMan
in a city like Orlando, there's plenty to keep one up at night worrying =/
Oh how I wish it weren't so true. And now you know how I keep from falling asleep all night at work...
ninja ♫Paranoia paranoia Everybody's coming to get me...♫ xd

GranoblasticMan
Haha, what about Guitar Hero and Rock Band? My roomie and I are all about those games smile

Anyway, the meetup idea sounds cool. I'd definitely be down for it.
I was never really interested in those games. Admittedly I've got a soft spot for all those retro games I played on NES as a kid. I love playing Super Mario Bros, Tetris, and Legend of Zelda even now. whee

I'm actually looking for recommendations for Meet-Up places, so if you've got an idea please share.  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:55 pm
I've been thinking for a while now that we need to have another guild meet up. There hasn't been one since last year. >_< I'm not sure where we should go or what we should do though. I'm okay with driving but I'm directionally challenged. XD So it's got to be somewhere I have an idea of how to get to. Depending on where you live I could possibly give you a ride, but you have to live on the east side of Orlando for that. And if it's somewhere I don't know how to get to, then I'll end up needing a ride. xp I also have weird work schedules, so I don't know. Sunday and Monday nights aren't generally good days for me but it really depends. I usually only work a few days out of the week but usually those days end up being the beginning of the week.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:51 pm
Vickicat
I've been thinking for a while now that we need to have another guild meet up. There hasn't been one since last year. >_< I'm not sure where we should go or what we should do though. I'm okay with driving but I'm directionally challenged. XD So it's got to be somewhere I have an idea of how to get to. Depending on where you live I could possibly give you a ride, but you have to live on the east side of Orlando for that. And if it's somewhere I don't know how to get to, then I'll end up needing a ride. xp I also have weird work schedules, so I don't know. Sunday and Monday nights aren't generally good days for me but it really depends. I usually only work a few days out of the week but usually those days end up being the beginning of the week.
Actually, I live about a mile south of ORMC, just outside of Orlando City Limits.

If we pick a day It should be at least 2 weeks in advance so that everyone has at least a chance to request those days off and attend. I understand how awkward my days off are, but for me to have any day off but Sunday or Monday I have to request at least a month in advance and the office just declared no more vacations may be requested until after August 1st so... sweatdrop

I'm game for almost anything, but I'm not sure where we should go or what we should do. I haven't really been out for a long while, so I just don't know where's a cool place to go and hang out. I would prefer someplace quieter where we could relax and chat, the Mall is the only place I can think of, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas.  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:16 am
^ I was thinking of the mall too. maybe go see a movie?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:59 am
Which mall and what movie? I don't know about you, but I can't handle Horror films at all. sweatdrop I'm also summarily disinterested in the current offering at theaters.

I like the Festival Bay Mall because they have a working DDR Machine in the Arcade and they've got a decent theater, but I find the food in that mall abominable at best. FL Mall is ok if you like window shopping, but there are no theaters or arcades there. I don't really care for the Fashion Square Mall because it's boring to me. I can't really say about any of the other malls though, those are the only ones I've been to in the past year.

Does anyone else have a preference?  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:21 am
Festival Bay also has that glow in the dark golf course XD For arcades I would go to Fun spot the one on I-drive so you can win stuff or go go-carting biggrin

So uhm what do you guys want to do most?
Im up for anything.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:15 am
purplekitty
Festival Bay also has that glow in the dark golf course XD For arcades I would go to Fun spot the one on I-drive so you can win stuff or go go-carting biggrin

Im up for anything.
I'm game for just about anything, but to tell you the truth, I've never been to Fun Spot, so I don't know a thing about the place... sweatdrop  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

GranoblasticMan

Invisible Lunatic

11,800 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:31 am
purplekitty

Im up for anything.

Man, it's a shame I've lived here for almost 3 years and still haven't been to like ANY of these places you all have mentioned >.<

But yeah, I'm up for anything too.  
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 95 96 97 98 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces