Submit

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:32 pm
Okay, I'm wanting to get some avi art done, but not sure what a fair price for it would be. Are there any suggestions or artists who could tell me?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:27 am

What is your budget, and what kind of quality are you looking for?

Ezra-tan

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:22 am
Well, not sure. I hadn't thought of that... lol

I'd like something to put in my siggy or on my profile. Doesn't have to be color, but I'd like that. Not picky as far as hand drawn or computer... I think that hand drawn is wonderful, however. Umm... for budget, I'm not even sure where to say it's at. I want to leave that open to offers. I don't know what anyone has given for art. I could give an MC or gold or even something for the aquarium... ahhh! So much to think about now... lol  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 pm
I'm not quite sure about the prices, but MC seems just a bit too much for a quick drawing. From a more finished and detailed pic mayyyybe.. But rather pay gold if someone draws you a sketch like pic or a chibi or a head/half torso picture. Something around 1-5k?

I recommend to browse forums with keyword 'avi art shop' etc. and for references. When you know better what type of avi art you wish, its much easier to start thinking about the suitable price.

My rule of thumb here is not to pay too much. But if artist is talented and putting an effort to make good picture, its worth it. (I wouldn't ask barely nothing from drawing. I know I don't have time to do anything but sketches. sad )  

Veddhartha

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:10 pm
I run a chibi shop. I usually charge 5k for colored avis. It's different for non-chibi avis.
I think most artists charge some where around 1k-10k.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:17 pm
Pink Mint Tea
I run a chibi shop. I usually charge 5k for colored avis. It's different for non-chibi avis.
I think most artists charge some where around 1k-10k.

Yay, I was actually going to try to find you since Sammy mentioned it razz I had forgotten you did art redface I will check out your shop and try to get my thoughts together.

Both: Thank you for the information! I appreciate it. I guess I just knew I wanted something, but had no idea what all I should be considering first. I usually just jump, lol!

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Damsel_Areli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 pm
I do a little avi art on the side for extra gold...

Usually between 20 and 30k.

All of mine have been done on the computer, but I can do some hand drawn ones.

Here are some examples:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

as well as my sig... whee  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:10 pm
i buy a lot of art. And if you aren't looking for high quality art, and just something nice and simple. You will prob pay between 1-10k

If you want something more advanced you are looking at probably between 20k-80k and then the next level up would be amazing. and that art is usually 100k plus. I usually buy in the range of 20k-80k. But if you don't want full body and you just want bust up that comes a lot cheaper as well. So it really all depends on the quality/color/and how much you want... full body/bust/waist they have different prices for it all. But if you go to the mini shop section and you just look around at a lot of the stores and look at samples people give. You are going to get a good idea of what you want and a good look at what the norm is for what exactly you're lookin for. Shop around biggrin  

Siumbering Princess22

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:27 pm
Omg, Damsel! You're amazing! I love your work, too. It gives me some more ideas and now I have to think...

PMT: I looked over you work, too. I am so impressed by it all.

Princess: THanks for your input. I am now sure I have more to go on than I did before I posted this thread. I will have to think over all options and then see who can/will do it for me 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:11 pm
BlackCatt73
Omg, Damsel! You're amazing! I love your work, too. It gives me some more ideas and now I have to think...

PMT: I looked over you work, too. I am so impressed by it all.

Princess: THanks for your input. I am now sure I have more to go on than I did before I posted this thread. I will have to think over all options and then see who can/will do it for me 3nodding

Yup yup. No problem. whee  

Pink Mint Tea

Gaian Geezers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces