Reply Contests, Games, and Events
[Video Game] The World Ends With You

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iFuta Mistress

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:24 pm
Not sure if this is a good section to put this, since you don't have any specific section for video games.

Anyway, The World Ends With You (TWEWY) is a video game for the DS developed by Square-Enix. (Think Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.)

Anyway...there's a lot of characters, some important, some not.

I'll tell you a bit about the important ones anyway. =)

Neku Sakuraba
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He starts off being a whiny emo pansy, and he really annoyed me for the first few days I had the game. Basically, he hated the world and everyone in it. And I do mean everyone. He likes to wear headphones to block out other people around him. Anyway, I won't tell you much else, since it'll spoil the game. x3

Shiki Misaki
Neku's partner during Week 1. She's overly hyper, and likes to make clothes. She also likes carrying around a stuffed cat that she made and named Mr. Mew. Personally, I think she's insane. (inb4 obvious love interest)

Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
Neku's partner during Week 2. Whether he is gay or not, I don't know. But he certainly acts like it. He doesn't even try to hide the fact that he's "interested" in Neku. Other than that, he's very mysterious until the end of the game. His real name is Yoshiya Kiryu, but everyone calls him Joshua.

Beat
Neku's partner during Week 3. His real name is Daisukenojo Bito. Beat is a dumbass. There's really not much else I can say. He's just stupid. Besides, he doesn't have any real importance until late in the game when he becomes Neku's partner.

Rhyme
Beat's partner during Week 1. She has even less importance to the plot than probably any other "major" character. Yet, she's on the front cover. Her real name is Raimu Bito. Oh yeah, and she's Beat's sister. SPOILERS.

Sanae Hanekoma
Even more mysterious than Joshua. His real connection to the Reaper's Game is never learned until obtaining the Secret Reports after beating the game. Not much else to say about him, other than the fact that he's terrible with names. He likes to call Neku "Phones", which usually pisses off Neku.

To be continued on the second post. If you post before that, I'll poke you angrily with a stick.

(EDITED by Cat: We sort of have an unofficial setup for how to handle video game introductions. Thank you so much for your submission, the game sounds like fun.)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:43 pm
Villains next! Yay! =D

Uzuki Yashiro
My personal favorite character. Being a Reaper, it's her job to try and erase Neku and the other players. That being said, she's completely obsessed with her job. She constantly harasses Neku and his friends in an attempt to get her promotion, particularly in Week 3.

Koki Kariya
Unlike his partner Uzuki, Kariya is very laid back. He worries very little about his job, even turning down the promotion that was once offered to him. However, despite his laziness, he is considered one of the most powerful Reapers. Even more than many of his superiors.

Yodia Higashizawa
Game Master for Week 1. I think he's obsessed with food, because he references it in almost every sentence. Examples you say?

"Time for a taste test."
"We've preheated long enough."
"I'll mince you."

And those are only some of his battle quotes. Not much else to say, since you don't see him very often.

Sho Minamimoto
I changed my mind. This is my favorite character. *fangirl squeal* >w<

Just listen to his extremely strange quotes. x3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVTw0lTkqF0

He's the Game Master for Week 2, and he's obsessed with math apparently, however at no point does that make him a nerd. Somehow, it just makes him so much more lovable. Also, he's zetta sexy. If only he was real.
Mitsuki Konishi
The Game Master for Week 3, and she's also a complete b***h. She's normally calm, at least until you finally fight her when she flips out. I think she's going to eat my soul.

Megumi Kitaniji
The Conductor of the Shibuya UG, and leader of the Reapers. The only one about him is The Composer. Micheal Jackson Megumi Kitaniji is rarely seen throughout the main game, except in flashbacks and Reaper Meetings. Also, he scares me too. He looks like a *****, that's it for the main characters.

The game takes place in the city of Shibuya, in Japan. All of the locations in-game are based on real places.

All of the players are taking place in The Reaper's Game. It lasts 7 days, and each player must team up with a partner in order to complete the mission given out on each day. On the 7th day, they must fight the Game Master of that week. assuming any players are left by then at least. Throughout the game, they must fight off creatures called Noise that are summoned by Reapers.

There are a few different ranks of Reapers.

Support Reapers are the lowest ranked, and don't fight the players. They merely guard the walls blocking off individual areas, and give conditions to the players in order to lower the walls.

Harrier Reapers, such as Uzuki and Kariya, are the ones who send Noise to fight the players. They cannot attack the players directly however.

Officers are the highest ranking reapers, apart from the Conductor of course. During each week of the game, 1 officer is chosen to be the Game Master of that week. Officers are the only reapers who may attack players directly, but only on the 7th day.

Umm...I think that's everything I was going to mention.

Feel free to post now.  

iFuta Mistress

Xero6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:18 pm
wow... sho's quotes are about the funniest things ive heard all day XD and even funnier, i noe and can apply all the terms he said O.o

aaanyway, i dont have a ds, but if i were ever to obtain one, would you reccomend this?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:58 pm
YES.

It is easily the best game on the DS.  

iFuta Mistress

Xero6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:36 pm
maybe i can rent this game and steal lexxy's ds for a week XD  
Contests, Games, and Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers