Welcome to Gaia! ::

M.T.G.P.S. Magic The Gathering Preservation Society

Back to Guilds

Magic The Gathering Based Community of Experienced & New Players. 

Tags: Magic The Gathering, Planeswalker RP, Card Game, Discussion, Rules Assistance 

Reply M.T.G.P.S.
Why Do You Play? [Discussion Thread][GMA] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hallis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:25 pm
A friend got me thinking about why I play Magic..

I play because I want to see how creative I can make a deck...see how fast,big, or even crazy I can make it.

Why do you play?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:43 pm
I play, to play. ~
I enjoy building decks & watching the concepts come to life. Hence my play type, Johnny Combo Player.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Great Thread btw 3nodding

DA-FDNT
Captain

Distinct Elder

DA-SF83
Vice Captain

Married Vampire

11,640 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:11 am
I play because I enjoy it and it's fun, especially when I beat my fiance(DA-FDNT) biggrin *giggles* Oh and I like the art on the cards ^__^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:05 am
DA-FDNT
I play, to play. ~
I enjoy building decks & watching the concepts come to life. Hence my play type, Johnny Combo Player.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Great Thread btw 3nodding
should so have that art in your siggy xp  

hallis

hallis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:07 am
DA-SF83
I play because I enjoy it and it's fun, especially when I beat my fiance(DA-FDNT) biggrin *giggles* Oh and I like the art on the cards ^__^
nothing wrong wih that xp when I first started playing it was to see how many people I could beat without losing a single game...but its always more fun to beat that one certain person xp  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:45 pm
The reason I play is to have fun and to hang out with friends.... died down a lot since high school ended though....  

Times-Arival

Freedom the wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 pm
I play because Im a fantsy freak and I enjoy the competition between me and my friends  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:24 pm
honestly i just like to wipe the floor with the person that i am playing.  

zerfist

Ghoulism

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:31 pm
it used to be for the money, but there was a recent incident at a gp where one of the judges had to tackle a kid that was trying to run off with the prize money (( it was actually a group of kids/guys ... over the course of a few months ))

now , its for the thrill of the competition , and the thrill of dropping that bomb on my opponent  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:12 pm
I play because its my only real hobby...and my only means of physical socialization...I'm embarrassed to say that I am quite hermit-like. sweatdrop  

Kaiser Khorosho

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Uchimi Zanzu

3,600 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 pm
no worries Kaiser, i'm the same exact way...well, aside from my job...i have to roleplay the friendly cashier for my job when i actually don't like talking to people at all...i wanted to be on the receiving crew to unload the trucks and stuff so i didn't have to deal with customers x.X  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:34 pm
Uchimi Zanzu
no worries Kaiser, i'm the same exact way...well, aside from my job...i have to roleplay the friendly cashier for my job when i actually don't like talking to people at all...i wanted to be on the receiving crew to unload the trucks and stuff so i didn't have to deal with customers x.X

I understand that perfectly Kaiser...I was a WoW hermit for awhile...that addiction still haunts me some days and its been over a year since I quit.

I used to work at a grocery store...never again. I'm now a techy....bye bye people hello equipment.  

hallis

DA-FDNT
Captain

Distinct Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:38 pm
hallis
should so have that art in your siggy xp

Great Idea btw biggrin ~ Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:23 am
In order:

It's Fun
It's a nifty social-thingy
I love practicing strategy
I'm good at Math and love Art (I'm a painter)
The Theme/Storyline has my attention
Easy to teach, at least for me

Which that last one goes full circle back to the top.  

Teifling

MusingDragonfly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:13 pm
Well, I got into it cuz of my Fiance... but I stay in it cuz it's one of those games that always keeps you thinking and you always learn from it. It's so cool to come up with a combo after playing for a few years and have a rulemod of 10+ years think it's cool (i was so happy my face hurt from smiling xD) And it's social! As I'm usually a homebody...that's good for me. Plus it helps me develop a bit of a strategical mind, which I don't normally have ( I SUCK at chess lol)  
M.T.G.P.S.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff