Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matasoga's Disciples

Back to Guilds

Where those loyal to Matasoga can discuss a variety of topics. 

Tags: Matasoga, Disciples, Lovelies, Minions, Friends 

Reply User-Run Role-Playing and RP Discussion
MRP: Side Conversations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tinuviel_nyx
Crew

Learned Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:15 am
As she half-heartedly poked at her food, Tinuviel hoped that Kromli would return soon. She didn't mind talking to Azalea, in the least, and she had gathered the information she had come for, but it felt strange telling her about herself. She wasn't entirely sure why this woman cared to know.
"You're welcome to ask what other questions you might have, and I'll do my best to answer. But...if you don't mind my asking, why have you told me so much? And why do you care about my story?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:32 pm
"All I really wanted," she began "was to see what kind of person you were and to know if you had his best interests at heart."
"I know that adventuring isn't really about who you like, who you're friends with, and who you like having around and that there are lots of other things that you have to consider, such as strategy and who has the right skills, but I do feel a lot better knowing that there are people in the party aside from Matasoga that are looking out for my boy.
"He really seems to respect you, you know. I imagine that you've noticed. He's not one to try and hide these things, and even if he were, in my experience, he's not one to succeed. I know he's an adult now, and I try not to meddle in his life, but sometimes I think that it might be possible to use his nature to take advantage of him. I can rest a lot easier knowing that you and Matasoga are out there looking out for him," she said, as she sipped on her cider.
She smiled at her and added, "Thank you for taking care of my boy."  

Matasoga
Captain

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

tinuviel_nyx
Crew

Learned Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:41 pm
Her cheeks flushed slightly at the praise and she insisted, "You needn't thank me. I enjoy the time we spend together." She was beginning to formulate the idea that Kromli's mother thought he had taken far more of an interest in her than that of a comrade-in-arms, but Tinuviel said nothing of this, preferring to push it out of her mind.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 pm
With that Azalea had no more to say on the topic. She spent less than a minute in idle chatter before Kromli opened the door in a manner that might be considered stealthy if both women weren't sitting in full view of the door. His eyes peeked comically through the cracked opening he made before he straightened his head, opened the door the rest of the way and walked in.
"I uh... Got the vegetables," he said.
"I'm sorry, Kromli, but I remembered that I picked some up earlier, so it turns out I didn't really need the beef," she said. "Will you be here tomorrow?"
"I don't know. I don't think that Matasoga wants to stay for very long," he said. "I think it's in our plans to head out early the next day."
"I'll dry it then and cook you up something tonight. Just come by before you go, okay?" she asked.
"Sure, Mom," he smiled.
She smiled at him and then turned to Tinuviel. "Will you be staying with us until you have to leave for the night, or did you have any other plans before then?" she asked.  

Matasoga
Captain

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

tinuviel_nyx
Crew

Learned Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 pm
In response to Azalea's inquiry, Tinuviel shook her head, adding, "Oh, no. I would hate to inconvenience you any more, and I'm sure you both would like to catch up. I can just stay in my inn room until tonight's meeting." As she spoke, she rose from her seat at the table, hoping the two wouldn't protest.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:57 am
"Oh, well, you can just stay here," Kromli said, rising.
"It's really no trouble. We don't want to keep you if you have other plans, but you're welcome to stay here, otherwise," Azalea said.  

Matasoga
Captain

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

tinuviel_nyx
Crew

Learned Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:06 pm
The idea that someone would ever want her company was a bit astounding to her, but Tinuviel did not protest. Although she had become accustomed to finer dishes at better dressed tables, she knew that all those who treated her with kindness with then had done so because they had been ordered to do so. Had she not had a special bond with the prince, such people never would have treated a foreign peasant so well. And yet, here were people who had practically nothing, and they were being so welcoming of their own accord. How could she refuse?

"Thank you. I truly appreciate your hospitality." She walked over to the bookcase and began perusing the titles, her hand about to remove one of the books on goblin lore, as she asked, "Would you mind if I were to borrow your books? It's dreadfully boring traveling with nothing to read, and I'd rather like to study these."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:07 pm
On the shelves were books that were sometimes general and sometimes specific. There was an anthropological tome on goblinoid culture, a collection of hobgoblin, goblin, and bugbear folklore, a book entitled "Dietary Habits of the Savage Races," "Exotic Dishes," and "A Study on Goblin Nomenclature."
"Of course, dear," she said. "Just please be careful with them. There are lots of fond memories that I have with them and obtaining them wasn't easy and I can't imagine how I'd ever manage to get another copy."  

Matasoga
Captain

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

tinuviel_nyx
Crew

Learned Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:24 pm
Putting the tome on nomenclature in her satchel, Tinuviel replied, "Oh, you needn't worry about the care of your books, ma'am. Being an archivist, books are practically sacred to me. I'll be sure to return them the next time we're in the area, or I'll send them with Kromli if he's here again before I am. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to read such rare books." With that, she plopped down in the nearest chair and began reading the folklore book, intending to give Kromli and his mother the remaining time to talk without her interrupting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:17 pm
TInuviel made it clear that she was finished socializing, so Kromli and his mother decided that it was best to leave her alone. Kromli didn't perceive any awkwardness and Azalea managed to shrug off the rudeness. Kromli sat in view of the window and kept careful watch of the sunlight. They talked for a while until it was about half an hour to sundown.
Kromli hugged his mother, she kissed his forhead, and he asked Tinuviel if she was ready to leave. The two set off for the inn where Matasoga told them that he would be waiting for them.  

Matasoga
Captain

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

tinuviel_nyx
Crew

Learned Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:36 pm
Tinuviel certainly didn't intend to be rude, but little of the conversation was directed toward her and she very much wanted to begin reading those particular books, so much so that she never considered how her action might be viewed.
As Kromli bade his mother goodbye, Tinuviel rose from her seat, donned her cloak once more, being careful to conceal her horns, and gathered her satchel. She thanked Azalea once more for her hospitality as the two exited the house.
While the two walked down the street toward the inn, Tinuviel left little distance between herself and Kromli. She contemplated taking his hand as they traveled, but she feared the gesture would be misconstrued, and so she did not. She did, however, turn to him and say, "Your mother told me about your childhood. I can't imagine why anyone would bully you that way, let alone why an entire town would permit it and I just wanted you to know that...I'm glad we met, I suppose." She felt incredibly stupid saying that, turning her eyes immediately down toward the ground.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:57 pm
Kromli looked over, listened to her speak and gave a broad and crooked smile.
"Me too," he said. It seemed that he might have said more, but he tripped over a slightly uneven cobblestone and sprawled forward, running the next five feet to regain his footing and keep from falling over.
He waited for her to catch up before averting his eyes and giving an awkward muttered, "Um... 'Scuse me."  

Matasoga
Captain

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

tinuviel_nyx
Crew

Learned Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:08 pm
Tinuviel was prepared to extend a hand to help him off the ground, but when he kept running forward rather than falling, she hesitated, lingering behind a moment. When he appeared to slow down, she hurriedly walked back to where he was, though she contemplated what more to say now. After another moment's silence, she replied simply, "It's fine," then continued quietly a step behind.  
User-Run Role-Playing and RP Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff