Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[How-To] Mojo, spell, hex bags.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baluk15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:10 pm
Ok well im going to teach you how to make a proper spell bag. A spell bag could be a small pouch or bag filled with a intent which according to the law of attraction will attract that particular energy to you. These bags could contain crystals, herbs, stones, runes, or animal parts such as bones, feathers, skin, or teeth. The cloth could be the color of the spells intention such as red for love ect.. I will only use color if the particular spells calls for one, I generally use a white or gray cloth.

Ok first set up your altar, sacred space, or area of spell work. Have on your altar the specific materials you will need such as bowls, herbs, candles, and such. I always keep two silver bowls, a white candle, and a brass bowl filled with needles and pins. I always keep a towel, water, and matches near me (I like to clean up as I go so i don't make a mess). Ok gather your materials and cast your circle. I always give a prayer to the elements so that they may empower the bag. Then I put the ingredients into the bag one by one making sure to charge them in my hands (imagine white light covering the ingredients and manifesting your goal).
Then when the bag is filled you take the corners of the cloth and bind them together, tie ends and there you have it a spell bag. Charge it again and ask the elements and Gods to bless the bag.
When the spell runs its course I take the bag and burn it releasing the stored energy and imagine the energy being purified and going back to Mother earth.

I might sometimes use animal parts for spell work. Now I do not go out and kill animals. I live in the country so I go outside and might come across a carcass of a dead animal. Like I found a dead rabbit, crow, snake, and other animals. These are very strong in spell work, you really have no idea how powerful a rabbits foot is for luck holy s**t, that legend didn't come from nowhere lol. But sometimes a animal might give me something like a feather, or might leave a tooth or something. But these are so strong in spell bags.

Here are some sample spells I have done and had a lot of success with.

Bag for concentration and study

You will need a white or yellow candle.
Juniper berries, and peppercorn freshly crushed.
Medium sized cloth, and string.

Cast the circle asking the elements for there power.

Go to the east, light the candle hold out your hands and say

I summon the element of air
to bring me clarity of purpose
to aid me in my firm intent
and help to keep my mind in focus

Then put the herbs in according to my directions. Put the bag together and then tie the bag. Thank the elements and Gods. Take the bag and do your work. Then when you are done with the spell, or you feel it ran its course burn the bag.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:03 pm
Not to split hairs, but shouldn't this be in the Academy section of the forums?  

Morgan Tyrel

5eekerJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:22 pm
well this isnt really a tutorial or how to make guide and the library can be used for posting spells and such so I see nothing wrong with this.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:41 pm
Meh, true. that makes me wonder then, why put two sections that are so intimately entwined in the forum? Rather curious, I think.  

Morgan Tyrel

MiladyMidnight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:05 am
Nature Speaker
Meh, true. that makes me wonder then, why put two sections that are so intimately entwined in the forum? Rather curious, I think.

The Library is more like the Wiccan concept of a Book of Shadows; random spells, potions, tidbits are posted here in order to share with the community. If the OP was going to start a huge class on every different type of spelled bag, they would post it in the academy where they can actually teach and go on lengthy tangents about the concepts, philosophy and what not about the subject at hand. x3

Does that make more sense? I find that I don't make much sense when I've just woken up ._.;

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:19 am
Just adding onto this (as i didn't see a point in making a whole new topic for this little tidbit)

Another way to make a bag (and my favorite), is to make a Reticule

To make a reticule, you cut a circle of cloth (the width of the circle should be twice as tall as you want the bag.) I use 1 1/2 feet for my reticule for my Runes, and no more than 8 inches for Mojo bags.

Now, punch an even number of holes, about a half inch in from the edge, going all around the circle. Loop a string, or leather thong through these holes, and tied it in a knot. Pull the string, and you have a bag!

You can use this design for many things.

If you use it to store your runes, you will need a bit more string, so you can open up the bag and lay it flat, for a surface to cast your runes on.

For materials, i usually use leather thong for the string, and Chamois for the actual bag (you can buy Chamois at Auto stores (it's used for polishing cars)) You can Dye chamois any color you wish.

I have also used Flannel and cotton for bags.

I even have a giant reticule bag, which i sewed some backpack straps onto, to carry stuff around in.

Pretty neat, i say.  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games