Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
dry spells with anime Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 am
Hi, I've been on here for over a year but lately been losing interest in anime. I know it's to be expected but also thinking about getting rid of some of the anime that are incomplete. I've mostly been on here lately just to get the gold from Daily Chance since major events have tampered off. The Towns haven't had bugs or flowers in several months and no solution seems in sight. Is it just me losing interest in Gaia?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:49 am
I do think that Gaia is in need of an overhaul for prizes, but not sure what you mean by losing interest in anime... Give it time and things may come to fruition on here! Good luck and try to be patient with this. And no, it's not just you getting less interested in Gaia, I've noticed a lot of people saying similar things and/or leaving... Personally, I come here for more than just items, I enjoy chatting with people I meet here, too.  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:33 pm
I feel the same way. Although I still love my old shows, the new ones seem very contrived and forgettable.
I think a lot of anime nowadays are just unoriginal.
There are few shining gems though. But I know what you mean.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:15 pm
My internet connection was so slow for so long I forget I could try cinemas. But I have felt that off and on over the last year. About the time I'm done, a new feature has caught my attention... zOMG last summer and then again this winter, this guild, an event because I keep hoping it wont be a waist of time. I wish towns worked, so many things seem like they are falling apart and since I have invested with buying cash cards, I'm frustrated.

Maybe things will start getting better, if not I will peek in for chatting, but I have other places I can play. I do also like the "paper doll" quality, I liked those as a kid. Here's hoping things get better...  

iggies

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Darth_Magus1
Hi, I've been on here for over a year but lately been losing interest in anime. I know it's to be expected but also thinking about getting rid of some of the anime that are incomplete. I've mostly been on here lately just to get the gold from Daily Chance since major events have tampered off. The Towns haven't had bugs or flowers in several months and no solution seems in sight. Is it just me losing interest in Gaia?

I've been losing interest in Gaia too. Its a number of things, but mostly for me it just seems like no one really wants to talk. That and forums are a bit intimidating at times.

But anime is far from getting uninteresting. You need a show to really get back into the ravenous excitement that anime once brought? Then watch Soul Eater. Whoo-man, you won't be able to keep sitting after watching that.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:02 am
It's not just you that's having a dry spell. Best Buy has a lot of their anime at half price, made my granddaughter really happy because she still likes it and she got a lot of things marked down half price.  

Miss Abigal of Lenox

Aegean_Kassan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:04 am
You may lose interest in the anime brought to America, but if you search you can find subbed anime that might hold your attention. There are so many different types of anime, I like things my kids (all 18 or older) don't like, and enjoy some they love but don't really consider myself a fan of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:40 pm
I am still good in anime, but i notice everythign i am watching, is older >.<
as for gaia? well, i don;t knwo i dont; really chat with anyone til recently but i have invested way to much to quit *sighs*and i love the aquariums.  

shandrel

Romantic Lover

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:14 pm
is it just me or is there more offers of cybering then ever?I go fishing and someone is looking to cyber, I go to towns and its EVERYWHERE, I go play cards and there is some more!Its like the gaia personals exploded and scattered everywhere!I don't remember it ever being this bad.I think that is one reason I am losing interest, plus outside of guilds no stimulating threads of entertainment.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:50 pm
My interest in animes comes and goes, mainly due to what's brought over here and the pricing. I hadn't bought anime in over a year until the recent Best Buy sale. Now I've managed to pick up several series and movies that I've been interested in or have wanted for a while now.

I can definitely understand the waning interest though. Something will probably pop up eventually, or you could always just revel in your love of the older stuff. Maybe look for more work by some of those directors..?  

lostphrack

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

MHHornfreak

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:49 pm
My interest in anime is still there but i've been so out of the loop witht he new shows ><
As for Gaia since they released zOMG it's been taking up alot of my time.
I also have to tend to the guilds i MOD in.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:20 pm
don't give up I don't watch anime as a rule cause I don't have access to any I want to. I go to gaia to chat with friends and the community not so much anime itself smile  

Elspeth Telrunya

g0dless420

Wheezing Smoker

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:06 pm
Hulu actually has some decent anime shows on it. I watched "Origin - Spirits of the Past" and I really enjoyed it. (Full movie). For shorter shows, check out "Heroic Age" ... both tend to be a bit about environmental effects but I recommend at least checking them out.

As to the topic of people losing interest in Gaia, you're right, people are doing other things. Ever since the big layoffs it seems like there are less events, and just generally less things to keep more people here. For the kids who like to spend all day in threads in GD discussing why "Homosexuals are Icky", and "Lets make a retarded thread last for hours", well they can have it. I dont even know why I bother clicking that forum anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:55 pm
I just found watched this cool show on Veoh. It's called Toradora. Pretty entertaining with good animation. Except the plot is pretty predictable.

'I wonder if the the boy and the girl featured together in the opening song are going to be an item?

. . . . naaaaaaah . . . . ' rolleyes  

Pink Mint Tea

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 pm
It depends to me. Now I'll watch anime along the lines of Perfect Girl Evolution (aka The Wallflower) and Paradise Kiss but I don't have the time or patience to stream let alone the money to buy it all.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff