A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Remember that Smell?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do certain smells bring back memories for you?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 32 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Kind of
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 40

Venuslady

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:54 am
LOL talk about weirdness.... not long ago I walked into my old elementary school, AND THE PLACE STILL SMELLED THE FREAKIN' SAME as when I attended there! It also doesn't help that I have a hypersensitive sense of smell...! xp  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:08 pm
Venuslady
LOL talk about weirdness.... not long ago I walked into my old elementary school, AND THE PLACE STILL SMELLED THE FREAKIN' SAME as when I attended there! It also doesn't help that I have a hypersensitive sense of smell...! xp

Goes to show that some things never change even if you thought they might haha.

On that note. The place where i started out my first year of life still smells of old leather. We had no leather in that house ever, but we had a spirit that stayed in there and smelled very strongly of it. Furthermore, I never knew one can smell a spirit oLO  

Fallicious Flavor

Suede_Shoes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:07 pm
You know, that reminds me of this one episode of Ghost Hunters. People would report smells of wine and cigars, when there was no such items in site. The team that went to investigate took a hair dryer to heat a chair and table and found that those smells came out.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:08 pm
User Image

The smell of sweat reminds me of high school - I had to walk past the football team's locker room after school every day on the way to marching band practice - we didn't smell as bad as the football team but we still got pretty dern rank. XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Evil Eirlys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:33 pm
My grandfather died when I was 6 or 7 years old, and so I really don't remember him very well, but he always used to smoke a pipe and the tobacco he used was vanilla scented. Not many people smoke pipes these days of course, but there is a certain cigar that has the very same aroma, and it always reminds me of my PopPop.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:58 pm
Suede_Shoes
You know, that reminds me of this one episode of Ghost Hunters. People would report smells of wine and cigars, when there was no such items in site. The team that went to investigate took a hair dryer to heat a chair and table and found that those smells came out.

Hmm, well the house we stayed in was pre-owned and some areas remained unclean able so perhaps that contributed to that smell in the old house. You never know though, I still think that it is the spirit that lives there. Its not a bad spirit, seems more of a casual guardian and made sure that everything is safe and sound.  

Fallicious Flavor

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:15 pm
we have a ba hai center right next to my university.Crazy world.Probably has happened to me but not recently so memory fails me right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:16 pm
well certain smells of homes will remind me of my grandma's.You know, its only described as "the old person smell" xp  

Creepy Clown Town

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:02 am
Eiji
charamath
Your sense of smell envokes more memories then any other sense! There's your random fact of the day! I just had one of those moments about a week ago, but now I can't remember what it was! The old age is getting to me >.<

So true, that why my wife and I each chose a new scent that we liked to wear on our wedding day, that way each time we wear those scents now we are reminded of our special day.

How wonderful that you would do that. My husband and I will be married 50 years this December and I wish we would have done something like that when we were married. Can you just imagine, just trying to find a fragrance that would be around for 50 years, would be a challenge today, nothing seems to last that long. God Bless you both.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:35 pm
Ah the smells of memories.....yes I grew up in a bicycle shop and the smell of rubber tires and inner tubes were my favorite. I would go home smelling of rubber. Nice thing for a girl to smell of rubber instead of perfume.

blaugh  

Citrine Topaz

2,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 am
A really good smell to remember is when my husband showers and shaves, the smell of his after shave, it smells so clean and nice, the way you want the world to smell like today. Oh if we could only go back to another time.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:31 am
There was a small cookie factory just a few blocks from my home when I was a kid. When I smell cookies baking, I sometimes recall the memory of going to that factory with change in hand, picking out freshly made cookies and carrying them home in a small paper bag. When my brother and I went there, we were allowed to choose a cookie to eat on the way home! heart  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

dahliarose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:32 pm
Lil Brat
Lily of the Valley reminds me of my grandmother - I found some lotion in the store one day when my cousin and I were shopping (we rarely see each other due to living in different states) and asked her if it reminded her of G'ma, too. She said it did and then we read the back... Lily of the Valley was one of the ingredients... then we both remarked at about the same time that Silicone Glove (Avon) was also a scent we associated with her... Needless to say, I bought a small tube of the stuff in the store to take to her at the nursing home ~ she was thrilled.

Old Spice and the scent of new leather for my grandfather, may he rest in peace.

Thank you... that just brought back some wonderful memories and I'm just sitting at the computer without any of the smells nearby. heart

ohh, i think of my grandma when i smell lilacs! she used to buy me these little lilac soaps for christmas, when i was little. they came three to a pack and were wrapped in purple tissue paper. i haven't seen those in years. crying

yeah, every once in a while i'll smell something and it reminds me of something. usually good memories, something or someone i haven't thought of in years. that happened just the other day; i thought of an old babysitter and remembered sitting on her back porch in the summertime, drinking tea and playing cards with my sister.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:44 pm
There was a certain perfume that I wore when my husband and I were dating. I hadn't worn it for years and when I finally smelled it again a few years ago it reminded me of our dating days.....long....long ago. Now I only like to wear it on special occasions so I don't ruin the memories. I could wear it this weekend because it is our 24th anniversary.  

Queen Flutterby

Beloved Seeker

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas