House: de'Virr
City: Undrek'Thoz
Worships: Lolth
Class: Shebali- Bounty hunter
Stage: Dalharuk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:37 pm
>>>+Meet Solmur'ss

Hard worker.
Solmur'ss is above all dedicated to Lolth. Unlike some males, he truly means it and is not paying the Goddess mere lip service to avoid trouble. With companions, he is vocal, direct and aggressive. He has a heavy hand but a strong personal code. Relatively speaking, it could be what a human terms 'honor' or 'morals' but being the drow equivalent this code is inherently flexible to whatever suits him best. For Solmur'ss, he simply believes some control over your behavior is appropriate to your place in society and also necessary to ensure those above you don't push you further down. With his fellow males, Solmur'ss thinks that their rebellious ways only hurt them further. His personal code of behavior favors being as direct as possible (to those who matter at least). Lies, manipulation and deceit are necessary if they serve Lolth's will, his Matron, or the orders he has agreed to carry out. Once he is under a contract to fulfill something, Solmur'ss is very dedicated.
With females he respects his place in society, but like any drow he is at the same time not above trying to gain some advantage. He sees advantage to be gained by remaining as straightforward and reliable in his work as possible.
But when it comes to play.. Solmur'ss has a wicked streak.

Story time- Why Solmur'ss became a bounty hunter
Solmur'ss has not always been so straightforward and reliable. Early on he first started down the path of a Shebali.. without really any direction. The Goddess, harshly as ever, showed him the error of his ways. He learned that he could not live so recklessly. Indeed Solmur'ss got himself into a lot of trouble which was ultimately solved by the successful completion of his first job as a bounty hunter.

Solmur'ss left his House, and he thought he had left for good. He lived with fellow rogues, thieves and other shady characters in the slum area of Undrek'Thoz. He spent his days drinking, fighting and fulfilling small odd jobs for merchants. ----still writing

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:31 pm
>>>+Background & Details

The de'Virr House
Solmur'ss is a young brother to Chasz'zar (Min's drow) and Nath. He respects his warrior brother Chasz and is not above playing a prank on him. When it comes to Nath, Solmur'ss simply does not trust him at all and wonders if he ever had their House's interest in mind or simply his own.
Amongst his noble family, Solmur'ss sometimes feels out of place because of his lifestyle. He is more accustomed to the rougher sort of life. Solmur stays out of the house for long periods of time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:55 pm
>>>+Roleplay

>>>+Drow, who needs 'em

who Solmur'ss has met

• Chasz'zar -- elder brother
  • Phraktos-- a thief and traveling companion to Guallidurth.
  • Iztheri-- Phraktos's sister. how often do you get to give a strange priestess a bath? ;D Sol will be performing a job for her in Guallidurth, reporting back about Phraktos.

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:47 pm
(Reserve)  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:45 pm
Entry One
I'm not used to writing like this. I don't know why I decided to start a journal now exactly... But I do remember one from my childhood. I don't think it was mine even. I was probably reading someone else's I would bet. Hmph. Maybe that isn't a good memory afterall.

I have a feeling that I'm not going to stay in Undrek Thoz too much longer. Not that I'm ever around anyways. I travel so much, I keep getting the feeling that one day I'm just going to skip making the trip in between jobs to come back home. I am grateful to my matron and my Goddess because I know I did not have to be given the chance to return to the House and take up a new job. But I was able to. And I've changed a lot since then. I wouldn't say I've lost all of my old ways..

-Sol

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:27 pm
Entry Two
I have not always been so straightforward and reliable. Early on I first started down the path of a Shebali.. without really any direction. The Goddess, harshly as ever, showed me the error of my ways. I learned that I could not live so recklessly. I got into a lot of trouble but I ultimately solved it with the successful completion of my first job as a bounty hunter..

I had left my House and really thought I had left for good. I was living at the time with fellow rogues, thieves and other undesirable characters in the slum area of Undrek'Thoz. All my days went by in a haze of drinking, fighting and fulfilling small odd jobs for merchants. It wasn't much but it worked for a while. I got involved with worse and worse drow. And then came the murderer.

A male, Hoxavt, was running a ring of other drow.. I really can't even put into words the things they did. It'd be too hard to write. Well, I think I can leave it up the imagination. I got involved with them little by little. They paid much better than the merchants! Much much better. I could do less than a day's worth of work and.. come out with enough money to last for almost a week. I didn't notice at the time but of course I had started pissing money away left and right every time I got near Hoxavt's bar.

Anyway. So time went on as it usually does. One day a name came up, Hoxavt had let the target slip. He was careful to keep the names unknown to the people performing the jobs but I heard this one. By the Goddess's intervention I had heard that one! It was something, likely some carriage to be waylaid, involving the de'Virr House. All my old loyalty boiled up. I could bet there were at least five angry priestesses ready to tear Hoxavt's head from his wretched body if only they knew who and where he was! I started thinking like a bounty hunter.

-Sol

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:50 pm
Entry Three
Well. I suppose I can say my prank was incredibly successful! I really did get Chasz good. Too good. I also inadvertently pranked myself in a way.. I am sure I have a 'prank' in store for me if Chasz ever sees me again. Can you call it a prank? No I don't think so. Revenge. Punishment. An a** kicking. I don't know what it will be but by the Goddess it will be painful! I'll just have to pretend he might get preoccupied and forget about me. Hmmph.

How did that evening go so wrong? It went as planned I guess, as far as I planned! I knew I didn't have control of how it would end. I sort of think I was imagining Chasz to be more like some of the scum I hang out with. Now they have a sense of humor! I have an aching suspicion that I did myself in with that last mention of the name de'Virr. What does it matter anyways? Noble Houses are accustomed to misusing commoners as they see fit, aren't they? Two strapping bored young lads had a bit of fun! Without killing anyone, so really, they should be thankful. Other drow need a lot of death to amuse them. My fun is just plain chaotic.

-Sol

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:15 am
Entry Four
I didn't expect the fallout with my brother to drive me right into such a change of fortune. Is it fortune? I can never tell. It might end badly for me yet, but right now I have to admit I am enjoying the turn of events and see them going in my favor. I met a thief named Phraktos and he somehow, I don't trust him as to why, took me to his House. I am an injured stranger and I know he wouldn't give me aid without something in return. Two things have occurred to me. If I am going with him on the road to Guallidurth, then maybe he thinks a bounty hunter would be useful to his House in whatever business he has there. It could be that having my wounds patched up was nothing more than a way to put me at their debt for whatever job he wants me to assist with. That occurred to me first.

But now I think maybe it is his sister, the Priestess and healer Iztheri, who likes having her brother bring her somewhat desperate males. She heals for a price. I know healers must do this a lot and she isn't any different- they heal and then demand a service in return. She gave me the task of following her brother and reporting back about his intentions. Iztheri is concerned about his worship of Lolth being insincere. My ears are sharp to read the context of what I hear. I believe Lady Iztheri is planning to make her move to Matron Iztheri. And she wants to make sure her brother will be worthy to survive the House's transition? That's just speculation for me. Priestesses can't help it. They are wired to try and pick every detail they can before they make their move. She has charms over me and somehow I hope I survive the transition as well. Because if she values true worship of Lolth and not lip service, then that is a test I easily can pass.

I regret not having cause to visit her after we leave for Guallidurth. I don't know why now that I had to go and agree to that. But anyway, I can't avoid it since Iztheri herself has a job for me in following her brother and her brother may have a job for me in Guallidurth. My own brother, I wonder, will he make a move on me before I leave?

-Sol

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:47 pm
Entry Five /b]
Alright. So I think it's time I finished writing down the story about Hoxavt. He was important to me in the end, without joining his band of criminals I wouldn't have become a bounty hunter. Ironically.

It was a hard decision for me. The house we were going to target was my own. So, it wasn't too hard of a decision afterall. But it meant turning myself in too. Admitting I was part of his ring. Ah well. The priestesses of my house had been so eager for recovering their caravan and getting the b*****d Hoxavt that they surprised me.

It was the first time a priestess actually looked at me with favor. My services were worth something. And that feeling stuck.

I turned on the group, made sure their fate was sealed and I returned home. For the first time in a long time. I think my brothers were not at all pleased to see me, but my matron was. That glint in her eye. ha. She must have seen something useful in me.

-Sol

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers