Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!
March 2009 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:21 pm
User Image

Pagan Humor
Provided by KoudelkaW

What happens if you see twin witches?
You won't be able to see which witch is witch!

What did the doctor say to the witch in hospital?
With any luck you'll soon be well enough to get up for a spell!

What name did the witch give to her cooking pot?
It was called-Ron!

Why did the witch have pedestrian eyes?
They looked both ways before they crossed!

What do you call a witch that climbs up walls?
Ivy!

-----

Source:
Witch Jokes  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:28 pm
User Image

Spells
Written by too2sweet

It seems as of late that quite a few of us could use a little extra boost in the right direction. Hopefully these simple little spells will help get things started…

SPELL TO CHANGE YOUR LUCK

This spell should be done outside (though inside is fine as long as you can see the moon through a window) during a Waning Moon, and requires no materials or tools.

What To Do:

* Cast a circle, call the Guardians, Elements, Corners, etc… and Invoke the God/ess - however you would normally do for a ritual.

* Take a few moments to ground and center yourself. Meditate for a few minutes on the things that aren’t going so well for you at the moment (your “bad luck“), and how much better things would be if your luck would change just a bit, so that things started to go your way for a change.

* When you are ready…stand facing the moon. Open your arms to Her. Aloud (or silently, which ever you choose) communicate to her all the “bad luck“ you have been having.

* When you can think of nothing else to tell Her, say the following:

Great Goddess of the waning moon
I beg you grant to me this boon
Take with you the bad luck and bane
That are causing me so much pain

As you fade to the dark of night
Good luck and hope will be in sight
Brightest Blessings will come to me
So as I will, so mote it be.

* If you have any other things to do in your ritual circle, you can do them now, otherwise you can end your ritual. Be sure to thank the God/ess for their assistance, release the Guardians/elements, and banish the circle.

used for reference purposes

~~*~~

QUICK BLESSING SPELL (when a friend needs a quick pick me up…with their permission of course!)

I wish for you a blessed day
That all your troubles go away
That only light and love surround
That only happiness be found
A simple wish to you from me
So as I will...so mote it be

source: me

Since Mabon is considered the Pagan Thanksgiving here is a little blessing you can do while you are cooking before the big dinner. If you are able to actually cook your veggies outside as it is written that is great, if not, that's ok too!

~~*~~

MABON VEGETABLE BLESSING

Can be used with any root vegetables you wish to have with Mabon dinner (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, turnip, onion, etc.).

* Wrap the vegetables in foil, then take them outside.

* Rake up all the dried leaves and branches into a pile then bury the vegetables in the pile before setting it on fire.

* As the leaves burn and the vegetables bake, thank the Mother for Her bounty by saying something like this:

We thank you Great Mother for all that you give
This bounty that strengthens and allows us to live
From deep within your earthen womb they grew
These gifts of love that sustain life anew
We cook them now in a blaze that surrounds
To seal in your blessings, which know no bounds
When all is ready and the cooking has ceased
We will give our thanks for this bountiful feast.

(Actual cooking time will vary, anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes or longer depending on exactly what you are cooking and how big your fire is. )

primary source  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:29 pm
User Image

This is the spot where you can advertise just about anything you want.

Want to advertise your quest? Do you want to advertise something you're trying to sell? Or maybe you're looking for a mentor.

Whatever it may be, this is the place to do it!

It's completely free. All you have to do is send a PM to me, Blessed_Scribe, with your ad and which months issue you'd like it to be in. It can be as many months as you'd like, not just one.

-----

captains bootie
User Image

Social Outcasts is a guild about improving the lives of our members, and making a difference in the world.

Humans praise their own differences from each other, yet they denounce others for their differences.

Humans wish to change things, but are not willing to put forth the needed effort to produce that change.

Humans voice their opinions, and wish to silence those who do not share their beliefs.

There are some who have learned to accept other's differences, worked for the change they wish to see, and listened to opinions that are not their own.

We are those people.

Help us grow and reach our potential,
one new member at a time.

Nessie Black
Nessie Black (a.k.a. Rayna) is looking for a mentor in the basic teachings of Wicca. I'm new to the religion and would like some help on how to get started, such as creating a circle and just the basic necessities that are needed (I have limited supplies).
I'm on gaia everyday (unless I lose internet connection) between 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST on weekdays during school, and then 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST on the weekends.

Please, if you would like to be my mentor for the basic teachings of Wicca, then don't hesitate to PM me. Just state that you're from Blessings Be and that you'd be up for the job. As payment and to show my thanks, I'll do an art piece of your avi, or 1,000g per lesson. Your pick. (=

Thank you very much, and have a wonderful day. Blessings Be!

shia chan13
I'm looking for a mentor with knowledge on auras, the various deities, and astronomy.

The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games