Submit

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 am
What is it that makes my cats want to climb into my cabinets? They are so inquisitive that everytime we open closet doors or the cabinets, they are trying to get in... it's funny except when you're trying to sleep and they are attempting to get into or out of them. Have you ever heard the constant "scratch, slam, scratch, slam, scratch..."? Lol, it's so... ahh!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:47 am
My cat does that too only she doesn't want in the cabinets she jumps on the counter and when she jumps off everything rattles. Then she wants in the kids room and if she can't get in she'll wait until about 3am before she starts scratching at our door to wake me up. It makes me so grumpy the next day. >X(  

Saber Blysmey

Moonlight Pirate

24,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50

iggies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:30 pm
Mine does that too, I had to child safety lock then for the longest time. Now I have a cabinet for most of my pet supplies and he's allowed in there. But he likes boxes as much so if needed I just put a box in front of the cupboard for him to play in.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:57 pm
My little guy, Maya, LOVES to go in and out of the cabnets and closets.... drives me and my Mum NUTS! mrgreen And does he listen when we yell at him to got out of them? NO! rolleyes Just as bad as having kids!  

Venuslady

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:26 am
No cabinet trouble here, but my cat likes to scratch his food bowl - to hide it. He comes from the sandbox and goes to 'hide' his food. Very annoying early at the morning, but he stops it when I yell his name.

Good side is - he doesn't do it when people are already sleeping. He sleeps with us, preferring another side of my pillow. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:14 am
Omg, my female cat, Squeakers, loves boxes of all sizes, too, Iggies biggrin I should do that...

Lol, Vedd, mine sleep with us, but when the bf leaves for work, they decide it's time for me to wake up and play too... they do that by making the cabinets open n slam over n over. Last night I finally got smarter than them tho. I slid a dowel through the handles... yay me, and it only took me a week to remember that I had one neutral lol

And yes, my cats are very much lik kids, Venus... I have a 13yo daughter, and now a three yo male cat that likes to be cradled as a baby does. Lol... they do get on the nerves when they don't want to listen tho... guess that's why it's a cat's world wink

Lol, Saber, that's funny. That would annoy me, too.. does the cat jump up n down on the cabinets to hear it rattle?  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:31 am
When I had cats, they always wanted to get into places that they couldn't, but once you open it for them, they want nothing to do with it until it's closed. Crazy cats!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:09 pm
i have three cats, and none of them are really interested in the cabinets. they're too lazy.

however, my daughters cat, (more like a puma! he weighs almost 18 pounds!) loves to climb in the dryer when it's still warm. he also gets agitated when we run water in the sink and insists on investigating. smile  

dahliarose

iggies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:43 pm
Veddhartha, mine does that sometimes still too, He was rescued off the streets by a friend of mine and we guess by his behaviors he had been out there a good chunk of his 9 mos. From what I have researched, they do the bury of food and pawing at the water from survival in the wild... food for later and making sure the water was there to drink.

While I had to do research papers for college, I found this funny cat point of view of why they do what they do. My kitty (11yr old) snuggles with me like a baby, but bites my feet at 7am declaring it time for me to be up.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:27 am
My cats hate any closed door. If the door is open, they might never go in, but if it's closed, it's the most desirable room in the house. Of course that includes the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. What can you do? The cats rule the household, I'm just around to feed them and play with them. 3nodding  

Kyreie

Elspeth Telrunya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:51 am
Yes my cat has the box obsession too its pretty cute. also it translates over to the insisting that any suitcase open to pack is put there just for her to jump into rofl

my kitty is able to tell the difference in doors of the house and will run to go out, insist on driving us crazy while we cook or go into the pantry, or try to go upstairs (she isn't allowed up there lol). I will grant that she is pretty good at opening doors that dont lock too well with the foundation issues we have sometimes (aka my bedroom door lol) that or she sits and meows till i let her in rolleyes

I swear my cat is the most social cat known to man, she insists on being as close to her humans as she can sometimes, loves to rub against my dad's bare legs (drives him nuts lol), and wants us to follow her into the laundry where her food is just to watch her eat ( i figure she thinks if we eat together she wants to be social eater too lol).  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 pm
I thought I was the only one with a cat that did that. My kitty is a bit more evil in that she'll slam the cupboard doors repeatedly to wake me up if I have a chance to sleep in. She's not hungry or thirsty, she just wants me to do my job of topping up the food and water.  

Ice Blossom

Suede_Shoes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:48 pm
This is what my sister's cat does to her . . .

hungry cat

. . . but, of course, not with a bat.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:49 pm
Suede_Shoes

hungry cat

I wouldn't put it past my cat to not be using bat like objects in my house. Add biting my feet, mostly, and only if I have then uncovered, then that video is about my cat completely. lol

Elspeth, my cat thinks the suit cases, backpacks, duffel bags are there for his use as well. I swear our cats all IM during the night to find new ways to drive us batty cool  

iggies

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:42 am
iggies
Suede_Shoes

hungry cat

I wouldn't put it past my cat to not be using bat like objects in my house. Add biting my feet, mostly, and only if I have then uncovered, then that video is about my cat completely. lol

Elspeth, my cat thinks the suit cases, backpacks, duffel bags are there for his use as well. I swear our cats all IM during the night to find new ways to drive us batty cool

That would explain why my computer goes all weird when I do get on in the mornings... hmmm... me thinks my cats have been talking too much to yours razz doesn't matter to the female if it's a box, bag, or closet/cabinet. She wants to get in and investigate. She also likes to hide in the hanging clothes to attack any passers-by! That includes the male. They also have this thing about the litter box... if one is using it, the other will take that opportunity to attack ninja Do any of your cats "clean" the shower after you finish? Mine like to get in and lick up all the water left over (clean water, I will add)  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff