Durithill the Black Blade

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:17 am
The Black Spire

The Black Spire towers forebodingly over the treetops of the Damned Woods, far removed from any other civilization. It is rumored to have appeared overnight several years ago and to have belonged to a powerful evil sorcerer. The tree line stops about twenty-five feet from the base of the tower and the ground there is barren and scarred: the remains of some great battle that happened between the evil sorcerer and those who deteated him. When the daylight does shine through the clouds that cover the cursed place, it seems not to alleviate the unholy aura of the place, but instead intensify it. The powerful magical wards around this place prevent teleportation into the tower, and once you're inside prevent teleportation to higher floors.

Inside The Black Spire:
Floor One: The Hall of Mirrors
Brief: The first floor of the tower contains only a single large room with a staircase in the center. Around the wall are magical mirrors that are rumored to drive those who look into them insane.
Full description: The heavy wooden doors of the tower open to reveal a large circular room brightly lit by some unknown, but obviously magical, source. In the center of the room is a wrought iron spiral staircase that ascends into the stone ceiling. The wall of the room is covered with multiple fifteen foot tall mirrors that appear to be normal at first glance. When one looks into them, however, they see not a reflection of themselves, but a twisted and corrupted version of themselves created by the sins hidden in their hearts. It is said that the mirrors can drive even the most hardened criminal mad with the image of their corrupted souls. The mirrors are protected with a magic to prevent them from breaking or scratching. The monsters in the Black Spire avoid this floor, presumably because of the mirrors.

Floor Two: The Undead Labyrinth
Brief: The second floor of the tower contains a large labyrinth haunted by the undead.
Full description: The moment one ascends the staircase from the first floor into the labyrinth, the ghastly moans of the undead suddenly greet their ears as if ear plugs were suddenly removed from their ears, and the temperature seems to drop. Magical torches adorn the walls every few feet, their flames continuously flickering and causing the shadows to dance. Around each corner it seems like a pair of glowing red eyes watches those who enter, though the moment one goes to look they seem to vanish. Occasionally a high-pitched cackling laugh will echo breifly through the stone corridors before falling silent. The wrought iron spiral staircase to leave this floor is located along the edge of the tower

Floors Three and Four: The Holding Cells
Brief: The third and fourth floors contain holding pens, but the doors long ago rusted and the creatures contained there escaped.
Full description: The moans of the undead diminish slightly as one exits the labyrinth into the brightly lit hallway of the third floor. The third floors contains only row after row of holding cells that once presumably held all sorts of creatures. Since the master of the tower abandoned the Black Spire, however, it has fallen into disrepair. Several of the doors on the cells have rusted and fallen off their hindges, releasing the creatures once held captive there. The fourth floor is a mirror image of the third.

Floor Five: The Laboratories
Brief: Fifth floor is filled with rooms in which gruesome experiments were conducted and demonic symbols are drawn in blood. The creatures in the tower seem to avoid this floor for some reason.
Full description: The fifth floor constructed similar to the third and fourth floors, except that instead of the rooms being cells to hold creatures, the rooms contain tools to experiment on creatures. Death lingers in the air, and the few doors that have fallen off their hindges due to misrepair to reveal that the rooms are filled almost completly with demonic symbols, often drawn in blood. The creatures that roam the tower seem visably frightened of this floor and are almost never seen on it.

Floor Six: The Library
Brief: The sixth floor is a large library. Demons will impersonate the books on the shelves and attack those that try to read them.
Full description: When one enters the sixth floor it seems almost as if they have once again entered the labyrinth on the second floor, except that there are no undead and the walls have been replaced by bookshelves filled with hundreds of books. Several of the titles are old and faded or written in demonic symbols. Some of the books on the shelves are actually demons, however, that will attack those that remove them from the shelf and attempt to read them. These demons will also release a piercing shriek that alerts the other demon books and causes them to fly off the shelves and attack the reader in a swarm. However, these book demons will not attack unless provoked. The spilar staircase leading up from the library to the next floor is located near the edge of the tower like in the labyrinth, but is hand carved from wood instead of being wrought iron like on the rest of the floors.

Floor Seven: The Lounge
Brief: The seventh floor, unlike the rest of them, is carpeted and contains several large plush reading chairs set around a hearth with a magical fireplace set into the wall.
Full description: The merry crackling of a wood fire greets those who make it to the seventh floor of the Black Spire. In stark contrast to the rest of the tower, this floor has a welcoming air. Set into the wall of the tower in the middle of the room is fireplace that has been enchanted to burn continuously. The floor is covered from wall to wall in a red carpet. Several plush red armchairs are set around the hearth, or around tables placed throughout the room. On the tables are various writting utensils, including parchment, ink, and quills. A few books from the library below lie abandoned on the tables next to the chairs by the fireplace. Another beautiful hand-carved wooden spiral staircase leads to the eighth floor.

Floor Eight: The Master's Chambers
Brief: The eighth floor contains a large stone room that houses the guardian of the tower and the master of the tower's bedroom, the door to which is locked.
Full description: The staircase to the eigth floor of the Black Spire leads into a large stone room, on the opposite side of which is a door leading to the master of the tower's sleeping chambers. However the Guardian of the Tower resides in this room, preventing entrance into the one beyond. The Guardian of the Tower is said to be a fearsome beast several feet taller than the average man with eyes glowing red like the fires of hell and claws and teeth sharp enough to rend through steel. Rumor has it that the Guardian devours the souls of its victims and reanimates their corpses to guard the labyrinth on the second floor. The key to the master of the tower's bedroom is hidden under a loose flap of skin inside the Guardian's mouth. The bedroom is a medium sized room witch contains the basics of a bedroom, as well as a collection of odd objects belonging to the master of the tower, including a kitchen knife stained with blood, and a rather beaten up stuffed dog.

Enemies:
First Floor: None.
Second Floor: Zombies, ghosts, wraiths, and shadows.
Third and Fourth Floors: Zombies and lesser demons.
Fifth Floor: None.
Sixth Floor: Demon books.
Seventh Floor: None.
Eight Floor: Guardian of the Tower.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:38 am
"So this is the famed 'hall of mirrors'..." Meshik said as he walked along uninterested. He had seen this place many times before, but this is his first time here as a physical entity.
He looked into one of the mirrors and found that he looked like he usually does, but in a mirror next to it he looked a bit more angelic. He laughed; completely forgetting what his ancestry was until this reminder.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX

Toxic Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:46 am
Hikra walked ahead of her master with her hand on the hilt of her sword. "Lady kriya i dont like the feeling of this place." she said. Her gold eyes looked around for any threat to her lady. Why would she want to go her? She had a small dagger in her left hand.
User Image
Kriya smiled at Hikra's back. "Hikra you worry to much. I want to see the black spire because it calls to me for some reason." she said softly. Her sliver eyes looked up at the spire as they got to the door. She walked in after Hikra had opened the door and looked for threats. "The mirror room is beautiful" she said. Her white wings twitched as the winds coming through the door ruffled her feathers.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:52 am
Meshik didn't appear to be all that surprised that the two had entered the Black Spire. He anticipated their arrival for a while now. He stifled his laughter and went back to the entrance, "Hello. What can I do you for," He not only worded the question oddly, but he made it a statement. He wasn't going to attack them though. He made sure that the Angel girl's 'guard' was between them so he wouldn't be seen as a threat.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX

Toxic Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:10 am
Kriya looked at him and smiled softly. "I wanted to see the spire for it seems to call to me. I am Kriya and this is Hikra my bodyguard. Her bark is worse than her bite so dont mind her." she said. She looked at him with her sliver eyes before looking at the mirriors. She walked over to a mirrior and looked into it.
Hikra watched the man with her gold eyes. The held a warning for him not to even think of harming her Lady. She walked over and stood behind Kriya and looked around for any threats while keeping a eye on the man.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:17 am
Meshik shrugged. They didn't inquire about his own name so he wasn't going to give it. And he's seen them on many occasions so he knew they were not going to harm him unless he attacked first. He was more peace loving than to attack a random Angel, "Very well," He said and followed them, "You're a pedigree, aren't you Kriya? What's a pureblooded Angel like yourself doing here?" He asked.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX

Toxic Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:25 am
Kriya smiled at him over her slim shoulder. "I am. This Spire called to me. Hikra stop worry. There are things you can kill on the next floor so that you can protect me. I am sorry but i forgot to ask your name" she said. Her apperance in the mirror was normal. She laughed softly when she saw Hikra's.
Hikra sighed when she saw her apperance in the mirror. "Lady kriya thats not funny. My father was a werewolf and my mother a rage demon." she said. Her gold eyes looked over at the stairs as she gripped her sword's tilt tighther.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:30 am
Meshik nodded in understanding and glanced over to Hikra. That's right, her parents. He can recall them too, "My name is Meshik, a traveler," When he said that he stepped before another mirror, reflecting his Angelic heritage again.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX

Toxic Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:48 am
Kriya saw that his heritage was angel like hers. "Are you a pureblood too?" she asked. Her sliver eyes watched him. She shifted her wings over her shoulder so that they were like a cloak.
Hikra glanced at him before moving closer to the stairs. Her gold eyes caught the movement of a shadow. "My lady were being watched by a shadow." she said. She drew a dagger and threw it end over end at the shadow. The shadow was destoried when she dagger hit its head. "Good so my blades do work" she said.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:52 am
Meshik didn't seem fazed by Hikra's attack, and answered Kriya instead with a chuckle in his voice, "Do you see any Angel wings on me? I have ancestors that were Angels. I'm just a humble mage and clairvoyance," He answered.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX

Toxic Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:02 pm
Kirya looked at over at Hikra. "That is to bad. Wings help you alot when you have to travel or flee. Hikra i see that your blades work on them which is good." she said. Her sliver eyes glowed softly.
Hikra smiled. "I know but that shadow should have need two blows to kill it. Something is not right here." she said. her gold eyes looked at her dagger that was in the stairs now.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:12 pm
"Now. Did I say I couldn't fly?" Meshik said ambiguously. He looked over to the shadow, "Two blows huh? Very well," When he said that he raised an arm towards the shadow. Light runes appeared on his arm, and then in the shape of a magic circle in front of his outstretched hand. He shot a magic arrow at the shadow to destroy it for good. For a moment when he fired, the outline of white angel wings appeared on his back.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX

Toxic Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:42 pm
~sorry i was dragged to a movie by my family~
Kriya saw the outline of his wings. "You have wings. They are very faint though" she said. Her sliver eyes were glowing lightly.

Hikra looked up at the shadow and sighed. "that was another shadow. The one my dagger hit was alreadly died. This place seems to be off some how" she said. Her gold eyes watched the stairs for movement like a hawk.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:46 pm
(It's okay)

"Heh...?" Meshik looked over his shoulder to find that the wings had already vanished, "No wings there miss," He chuckled and looked ahead again, "This place is not the best place for someone who is still pure. But then, what am I doing here?" He laughed, "I don't know...Well, you need to see the guardian on the top floor or something?"  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX

Toxic Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 pm
~i am sorry every time i get on the compter i have to get off and go somewhere.~
Kriya looked over at him and smiled. "Your wings appear when you use your powers. I dont know why i am came except for this place calling to me" she said. Her sliver eyes looked over at Hikra who was having a small promble. Hikra is at her limit of being calm she needs to realse some of her worry.

Hikra looked over at Meshik when he called kriya pure. He doesnt even know about those she has killed who were evil. She ran up the stairs when she saw two ghost coming down the stairs. Her sword slashed the in half before she stabbed her sword and dagger in them.  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff