Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[RP - Log] No One Has To Know (Ingelosi x Talayeh)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:12 pm
There were times when Talayeh despised herself. Right now was one of those times. Thge urge to bear a litter was even higher than the instincts for a mortal to survive. On the surface she was completely composed, but internally she knew she was a mess if she didn't do anything about it.

Her tail flicking in irritation, she had determined that going to the mortal realm would be the safest bet. Now that she was here, she wasn't certain that it was the best idea. Her dislike for mortals had always remained an internal secret, as she gathered all of her strength from their prayers towards her. Fertility was always desired within loving couples wanting to bear the next generation, but Talayeh had been driven away from helping mortals. If there were problems, they would curse her, claiming she abandoned them. The pain had turned into mistrust, and eventually into apathy.

With a sniff, she assessed the area around her. Watery, quite cool as well. Not recognizing the area, she ordered herself to relax. As it had been quite some time from her last visit into the mortal realm, she knew it would be a slight chance to run into someone that would recognize her. All the better.

Finding a patch of grass that had been pushed down as a nesting area, she settled herself down before determining where to go.

Ingelosi was taking a stroll, away from his family, not really uncommon for him to be quite honest. He was a spoiled sort, though what could one really expect from the only litter of a doting, loving couple? With two of his siblings gone on a long trekk who-knew-where, that left even fewer of them behind to receive the adoration of their parents. Oh, he was living a high life, but he was unfortunately very fond of his alone time.

Giving his mane a little toss, bright red eyes gleaming in the mask marked across his face, he drew a deep breath. He was a surprisingly well-groomed male, especially for these lands, with their tendency for swampy and muddy earth. Vanity was probably one of his flaws, though, no doubt. He loved beauty, in himself and others, but.. definitely himself.

He wasn't paying much attention to anything around him, eyes dancing here and there, though they did light upon the female. His first thought was definitely how different she appeared. Her mane tuft was much longer than any he'd ever seen, almost like a mane, only it didn't cover her like male's should. That, of course, was when he saw the tiny little wings curled up against her side. Surprise fluttered across his face, but instead of shying away, he adjusted his path directly towards her.

"I don't think I've seen you around here before," he had seen, if he did not know, all of the kusini members before. Big as it was, a majority of them were actually relatives.

Her ears catching the voice before her eyes noticed his approach, she shifted her head slowly to examine this intruder. While she may be on pride lands, it wasn't as if she had invited him to her presence. Still... her eyes lingered over his form, judging the bits of him that she saw. Not too bad. Perhaps his tongue would be as sweet as his form. Too many times have the decent-looking ones been bumbling fools.

"Because I've never been here before," she answered cooly, letting a small smirk appear on her face. Her tail shifted around her back legs, the small wings on her ankles hidden beneath the fluff. Crossing one forelimb on top of the other, she tilted her head to the side, the long mane of hair shifting to cover part of her face. "It would be a pleasure to know just where you've found me," she lied, in truth not caring about these 'prides' that mortals lumped themselves in.

"Touche," he said lightly, a light smirk rippling across his maw as she spoke. He moved a bit closer before sitting down, not particularly fond of having to talk down to her where she was sitting. Although, the closer he got, the more he began to notice how much different she really was. Not one to be rude when the occassion didn't call for it, he chose not to comment. He did wonder, though. He'd heard all the tales of the Goddes of Harvest, but he didn't think this female was her.. she just didn't seem very earthy.

"These are the lands of the Kusini'Mwezi," he said, a light shrug rolling his shoulders. He didn't particularly care one way or the other. His father and whole family in general were very loyal to the lands, but to him it was just a pride. No matter that he was a direct descendent of the royal family. "My great-grandmother is the current queen, but I don't really think there are any rules or restrictions against visitors." He knew he'd never leave, not with his family here, and he had a loyalty to the family. The pride though? It was really just a hunk of land to him.

"Mmm." Her eyes narrowed slightly at the unfamiliar name to her. Well, if just it's title was so unfamiliar, she deemed that she would be in the clear in terms of familiarity. Talayeh was never one to keep in touch with any mortals. "Interesting. I didn't realize I've stepped into pridal lands." Of course not, when nearly everything was claimed to these lion families. Hmph. Earth certainly put up with that better than she would have.

Her eye twinkled at the fact that he was related to this queen of the pride, though. Always up for a little mischevious game, she took a little more interest in this male. At least he had more to him than just looks. He had a decent bloodline within him if he could claim to be descended from this royalty. Her tail twitched with pleasure, settling herself to face him more clearly.

"I would hope it would be okay for me to linger here," she said smoothly. "I fear I have no where else to go at the moment."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:14 pm
"Most don't usually, considering the Kusini aren't very hostile. My father and grandfather patrol the borders, but I don't think they are particularly rude," he shrugged again, of habit, but did let his smile remain. He didn't necessarily think better of himself for being Kusini royalty, because in all reality, a good chunk of the Kusini were actually Kusini royalty. He did, however, realize that since his great-grandmother was on the throne that he was more of a direct descendant than many. As cocky as he could be, it could always be worse.

"I don't see why it'd be a problem. If you need somewhere to stay, I know quite a few nice clearings in the forest, near watering holes, with good hunting opportunities around them." He nodded his head at her, tail whipping around behind him calmly. "My kind certainly doesn't turn away someone in need." A slight frown twitched his maw as he found himself saying this - realizing that it was something his father would naturally say. Ah, well, he knew he was saying it mostly because the female was curious, and utterly beautiful besides.

Her ear flicked as she abosrbed all the information he offered. Personally, she decided that it was probably a bit too much, but she wouldn't mention that. It wouldn't do any good to start ruining her fun before it even started.

"Ah, what a pleasure to know. I fear I won't be here long, but it would certainly be nice to have a halfway decent place to rest." She stretched out one of her forelimbs, arching her back slightly in a stretch that still allowed her to lay comfortably. "Especially one that isn't too close to others. I'm not always recieved well, you can say, and I don't want to create too much of a fuss." On the contrary, she did, but she was never too successful at them. No matter, as long as she got what she wanted. She shifted her head so her long head-mane would situate along the back of her neck, giving her a clear view of the land around here. Secluded enough, perhaps.

He regarded her for a moment as she stretched, eyes lighting upon all the little details that marked her out as something.. unique. He was a greedy sort, and he'd no doubt like to brag about it later, but how could he brag about what he didn't quite understand? He'd need to get to know her a little better before he actually knew just what he had gotten himself into this morning.

"Well, if you want somewhere to stay for a little while, I can show you to one. Being that most of the land around here is forest, it's pretty secluded. Everyone tends to stick to the more open area of the pride." He glanced towards the direction he had come, then around slowly. He wished, at this point, that he knew more of the lands (like his father and grandfather) but he really thought what little he knew was suitable. He turned his gaze back to her, content to wait. She herself just said she didn't always get a warm reception, and he certainly had been doing his best to be civil - why ruin it now?

Hmmm. She wanted to play this correctly, but didn't want to overstep her boundaries, as well. She didn't hide herself at all, but then it would be better to act as if she was some glorified mortal, and not her true self. She didn't want to inadvertantly shock him from her bluntness.

"Ah, where are my manners? I'm Talayeh," she said with a sly smile. "I'm certain you've noticed by now, but I'm what you would call a goddess." Her wings, as if awakened by the mentioning of this, folded more tightly against her sides. "Treating me like any other is quite all right though. Even merely calling me Tala works well." Her eyes shifted over to his, studying how they could almost melt into his red mask, they matched so well. "And you are?" she asked sweetly.

"I thought you might be," he said, frowning for a moment in concentration, his head tilting as he watched her. He shook it finally, as if to rid himself of the thoughts. "You sound like descriptions we have here of our harvest goddess, even though no one has seen her for a very long time." He furrowed his brows suddenly, waving a paw at her wings, "I mean those. Not.. that you two look alike." With a sigh, he trailed off, realizing anymore blabbering would make him seem foolish.

"I'm Ingelosi, but others usually just call my Ozzy," he really had no preference either way. "If you don't want me to treat you differently then I certainly won't." He dipped his head to her, with a smile, tail curling around his paws, "It's a please to meet you, Tala."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:16 pm
Tala could almost purr, she was so pleased with how this was going. She almost grew a bit irritated at the comment that she looked like another goddess, but his quick clarity soothed her vain side. She knew that there were other lovely immortals out there, but being compaired was something that any girl wouldn't like.

"Well, seems you've got quite the knowledge," she said sarcastically, but a slight smile peeked through her face. "Normally I have to explain what I am, but it's nice to know I don't need to go through all that right now." She shifted to put her weight on the other limb, needing to look slightly over her shoulder to see him.

"Is there....anything I should keep in mind as I use this place to rest while I am here? I don't wish to step over any bounds that might mark me in the wrong way." Trying to make conversation was difficult for her, but she would keep the talk coming. The more one talked, the more relaxed they would get, which was exactly what she wanted to do.

He wouldn't have wanted to offend her, but he didn't know how akin to a mortal's emotions a goddess' were. Did she get jealous like females he knew did? Probably best he shut up about his harvest goddess. It's not like he really knew what she looked like anyway - just that she had had wings. Anyone that believed in gods or goddesses knew that much usually, didn't they?

"Well, it's just because of the lore and legends. I've never actually met a.. god or goddess before. You're actually the only one, I didn't think I'd be this impressed." He offered a charming smile, tossing the mane from his eyes. "I'm not sure I'd have known if they didn't tell stories about it though." It really wasn't any of his doing, he had just grown up with the tales.

"Well, normally I'd warn you about my crazy uncles, but they've all left the lands so there's not much to worry about. There aren't many rules, aside from the fact that cubs need to stay out of the woods, and you are, by no means, a cub," he chuckled lightly and let his smile form into a light smirk as he cocked his head to the side a bit.

Chuckling at these rules about cubs, she let herself switch the subject. Just...slowly. "Well, it's good to know that I won't overstep my bounds, then. I'll be sure to keep myself safe, and perhaps usher any lost children away from the woods. Only...if I see any here while I'm on my short visit."

She stretched again, settling herself up to soon exit. But first...just a little bit of vain flirting. "My, what is so impressing about me? I'm just a humble goddess who does what she needs to do, nothing more." Her tail swished behind her as she let her eyes linger around her paws. "You though..." her eyes raised towards him, "seem quite different than the few mortals I've crossed paths with. You've got some class to you."

"Oh, you might, we're a rather large pride. The couples breed like bunnies here, real fertile and all," he laughed softly beneath his breath, "there are always some cubs running around." It was quite true, actually. He didn't think he could count all his aunt, uncles, and greats if he tried.

"Oh well, for one, you're quite beautiful, but I suppose that's not exactly an immortal gift, despite it's other-wordly quality," he smirked, tilting his head as if he were examining her. "Your mane hair is very intriguing too, so long and lusterous, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it." He flicked his tail, eyes flowing back up to hers. "You've got a quality not of the mortal realm, that is for sure. No mortal I've ever seen is like you." Oh, if she wanted praise, he was good at that. A quick and gifted tongue was something inherited from the queen herself.

Ugh, cubs. She wouldn't say that, but her eyes did darken for a moment. Obviously she shouldn't hang around here for too long. She'd have her fun and go; perhaps pop by once in a while. Knowing what was eventually going to happen, whether it was when with him or with another male, she would need to dump the cubs off somewhere. If there were a lot of cubs around here....well, maybe she'd be off the hook easier than she thought.

"You've got quite the silver tongue," she said with a soft laugh. "Complimenting the best parts without going too far. I could just as easily say that your eyes hiding behind that mask of yours are alluring." Her wings twitched for a moment before she stood herself up. "Quite. I haven't seen anything like that before. It almost makes me want to find out more about you."

And so the dance started. Tala's favourite part.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:19 pm
Ozzy himself wasn't really sure what he thought about cubs. He didn't particularly want any himself right now, that was for sure. He was spoiled and self absorbed, he didn't have time to spoil any cubs. He probably wasn't enough of an adult yet to try and raise any himself. What good would come of that? He'd just be producing more and more of a useless line right now.

"Oh, I assure you, it's a gift of the bloodline," he smirked lightly, eyes dancing in that mask. They were the eyes of his father, and his father, and his father before him, but the tongue that danced in his mouth belonged to the queen no doubt. He didn't have the ice, or the snarky attitude to accompany it, though. He was just a smooth-talker when it suited him. He pushed himself up slowly as she stood, watching her with his eyes. "I'd be willing to let you get to know me if that's what you wanted. It's not every day that I get to entertain a goddess, after all."

Oh, if only she had hands. The things she could do...but she didn't, and so she would just adapt. With a slight exaggeration of her movement, especially around the hips, and sidled her way in his direction. Only, she got a little closer than was normally kosher. Who cared, right? It was obvious with the signs everywhere, and if Talayeh had drastically read everything wrong (hah!), she could merely dissolve into the air, and he could just think it was an illusion.

But Tala was never that wrong. She was just a very forward girl.

"Knowledge goes in so many different ways, y'know," she said with a pout, her long mane dangling down the side of her neck as she brushed him with the tip of her short wings. "I'm only interested in the kind that gets a little heavy later on."

Ozzy's brow quirked at the forwardness of the goddess before him, his mind vaguely shocked, though he tried hard not to let it show outwardly. It wasn't every day that a female made it quite so obvious that they wanted this sort of rendezvous. Hell, he had never seen a female make it this obvious. He supposed it would have been seen as quite tasteless by many (his family amongst them), but the hormone-ruled young male, it was all the better.

"I think you'll find that I'm adept at all sorts of heavy learning," he murmured, eyes half lidded from the way her wing brushed against his side lightly. It was an odd feeling, to be sure, and not one he was used to. After all, what else had he ever known with a pair of wings big enough to brush him? Still, it wasn't unwelcome, and it certainly spurred his curiosity.

With a little smirk, forcing his eyes back open the rest of the way, he dipped his head to her and tilted it in the direction he meant for them to head - almost in a nod. "Why don't we head this way? I know just the place for us to finish our talk."

Talayeh's smirk grew a little more sweet as she was pleased with his response. She had worried for a moment, but all seemed to be going well now. There wasn't anything for her to worry about, was there? This was going so smoothly she couldn't wish for anything better.

"I hope you won't disappoint when you share your knowledge," she said with a flick of her tail, quite liking how his fur felt up against hers. She just chose the best of the bunch, didn't she? Her vanity knew no bounds, as well as her pride and confidence.

Taking a step or two before him, a bit like a tease, she noted their destination and offered him a playful wink. "Well, as long as we don't finish too quickly. I have no where else to go for quite a while, and you seem to have all my attention at the moment."

"Well, I can only pass on what I know, and I'm afraid explaining without example wouldn't give you much of an idea at all," he said with a light chuckle, the innuendos flying around quite amusing to him. Oh, but he would probably miss her when she was gone, simply because she was more entertainment than he had had in ages, and not just because of where this chance meeting was certain to end. "I think I'll just let you decide for yourself how adept I am in my area of study."

His smile grew wider, his head leaning in to n** lightly at her side, careful not to get any of her feathers (he really didn't know how tender those were), before he began to head off in the direction he originally pointed out to her. "Oh, I'll keep your attention as long as you'll give it to me, my lady, as long as you'll give it to me." With another of his little smirks, his gaze drifted around them to make sure no one was watching them sneak off, so that there would be no interuptions once they finally got where they were going.

They were in the clear, it seemed, and he had a few lessons to teach, and probably more to learn.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas