Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:26 pm
Uh oh, it's been a while hasn't it?

Things have been somewhat busy in the world of Chisa, and I've all but abandoned Gaia and this guild sad But I came back to check up on it and noticed that people are still posting and missing how active it used to be, and felt terrible! So I've decided to really make and effort to keep this thing going and be active again.

If you have any ideas at all about what I can do to breathe life back into this guild, please let me know!

I'd also like to recruit a few crew members willing to take over in times when I get a bit too busy to really keep things moving. This will not require a huge amount of work, but I will need you to visit and post regularly if possible.

Let's get this thing going again!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:57 pm
Well, I mostly a lurker, so my opinion may not matter that much...if I can figure out how to voice my opinion. xd

I think some cool contests may be neat. Possibly only for a prize as big as some avi art by another user? The main goal would be to get recognized in a special guild thread or something?

Example: You could hold a contest for origami, let's say. People could enter their photos of a specific origami design that you determine, so the entries will all be around the same level of ability. (It's too hard to judge which is better between a cat and a dog, but easier between two cats, get what I mean?) But to make the entries legit, people would have to have an actual piece of paper or sign or something in there photo with their username, so they can't rip a pic off of Google) The prize could be a drawing by a member who has volunteered to do some avi art, or maybe 100 gold. There could also be a special thread containing the images of the previous winners.

There could be a "craft of the month" and we could all post images of our personal attempts at that particular craft. That would be cool, so everyone can swap ideas and opinions on their experience, and people can discover new things to do.

Maybe we can have a Help thread too, for people like me. sweatdrop I can't get my origami stars to puff out!

I'd be glad to help out a bit, and contribute ideas, photos, opinions, etc. What's funny is that I moderate another guild and am very talkative, but most of the time I lurk. ninja Maybe this guild can bring me out of the shadows too.
[/end of random idea frenzy]  

Midori Hayashi

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:15 am
Everyone's opinion matters, so long as it's relevant xd

I'm a bit reluctant to hold contests for a particular style or media since we have such a wide range of disciplines here in the guild - so I don't want a contest that only the paper craft people might want to enter, for example. Once the guild starts getting more active again (hopefully!) I'll try think of some contest ideas that everyone can participate in smile I'm happy to donate some sealed letters or something as prizes if people are entering.

A general help thread sounds like a good idea! Although you can always make a thread in the relevant area to get some help.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:28 am
Chisa
Everyone's opinion matters, so long as it's relevant xd

I'm a bit reluctant to hold contests for a particular style or media since we have such a wide range of disciplines here in the guild - so I don't want a contest that only the paper craft people might want to enter, for example. Once the guild starts getting more active again (hopefully!) I'll try think of some contest ideas that everyone can participate in smile I'm happy to donate some sealed letters or something as prizes if people are entering.

A general help thread sounds like a good idea! Although you can always make a thread in the relevant area to get some help.

Okey dokey then. 3nodding

I'll see if I can think of anything else.  

Midori Hayashi

fashionfreak1230

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:57 pm
sounds great! i cant help though cry i would just like to say
check out oldworldstonecarving.com
things are tough latly, and thats my dads site.
if you do message/call about that site, do not mention this
thanks a ton
ttyl
razz  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:24 pm
yay! your back! blaugh

i don't really have any ideas for new stuff, but if you post bi-monthly themes for every month you've been inactive, that would cause a lot of people to post work. [as well as this month's]
having a lot of different themes to choose and work on would be fun 3nodding  

sweetsweetpoison

5,450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ladyjewell

6,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:29 am
I kind of like having a contest &/or challenge for each area of crafting, like paper crafts, fabric crafts (including thread/yard or with a separate challenge for those), sculpting, jewelry, and miscellaneous/mixed media.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:06 pm
We can make something like a magazine every month. Choose one theme and then, organize it by areas (paper fold, knitting, jewelry, etc, etc) for the crafters to "submit" their pics and pages via PMs (to one director or group of leaders or something) and then, someone make a thread and "plublish" all that for everyone to see...

For example:
For next month: undersea.
All members send their link to their pics and pages (like dev art) of their works about everything that can fit on theme (origami fishes, whale plushies...) to a moderator (or someone who can make this) and this make a thread and plubish all material received by areas and else... Along with useful pages or tips or something like that, like a real magazine would do.

Jajajaja, I'm bad for explaining things (And I'm bad at english... sweatdrop )

Lux Black

5,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:40 pm
Hello there, Chisa! ^^

Good to see you back around on Gaia...

ANYwhosles. I know I haven't posted in the guild a lot, but, erm. sweatdrop
I'm hoping to get into making cosplay costumes, and was thinking: 'Wouldn't it be great to have a cosplay thread/subforum?"

If there is, I haven't noticed it, but I thought it might be good. ^^

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:03 pm
What about holding a monthly "challenge"?

You know - pick a theme and say the object is to create something along this theme or by incorporating it into the piece.

That way it allows all mediums really to play along and not be too confining.

Themes can be as vagie as "blue theme", "winter theme", "odd critters", "xmas theme", "spooky theme", etc. etc.

That would be open ended enough to allow for anyone to join in if they should wish to, and perhaps get folks excited at a new challenge every month to try to do something different.  

xl_faerydae_lx

jollyjube

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:28 pm
User Image

This is an idea I saw in another guild, we could have a guild podcast! We talk about different topics and such to do with the guild.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:31 pm
like it but sounds so fustrating  

cuddlechocolatex

PainfullyVivid

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:35 pm
If the revival is still happening, maybe you can set up swaps with older members even if it is through craftster or something.

Um. Maybe just let people post whatever in the main instead of having subforums for different types of crafts? I know with the guild I frequent, subforums are normally ignored since it's easier to post in the main where there is more traffic.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:22 pm
1) Maybe... you could send out a guild announcement that might say something like you're trying to get the guild going again (if you haven't already, i forget), and also say something like 'we want everyone to post at least once after reading this, but not randomly'

that idea was pretty vague when i got it, so it prolly won't work as is.

2) There could also be an originality contest (yes, another contest idea). IE: two subdivisions (original sculpture and original medium). In the first subdivision, people could make original things out of regular supplies. In the second one, they could make anything out of... anything.  

BluBryMuffin

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:33 pm
I think it would probably help if we all just came in here and talked. It doesn't matter about what, but if we make an effort, then we all get to know each other, and the guild keeps popping up in our lists with new things.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff