Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
Brown Discharge. Should I see a Gyno?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malina_Mango

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 am
For the past week I've had the flu. After about 2 days of high fever, muscle aches, and sore throat I started getting a brown discharge. I didn't think anything of it, it's now a week later and the discharge is lighter and my flu has just become a cough. As far as I can tell through my google-searching borwn discharge is NOT a symtom of the flu.

I did come accross this link though: http://www.acubalance.ca/brown-discharge-before-menses

I have birth control, but I haven't gone on it yet. I went and got my pap and bought 3 packs. I'm supposed to start it on the sunday following my next period which will be in about 2 weeks.

Should I go to the gyno? And, should I start taking my birthcontrol?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:41 am
I would recommend calling your doctor. Ask if you should still take the birth control or if you should come in for an appointment first.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

II Marie Antoinette II

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:13 am
When you said brown discharge I thought old blood off the get go. It sounds like the blood you get before or after a period. It could be that that is all you did for a week or two and that might be just a period that you had. I've had irregular periods, sometimes 2 a month and sometimes that is how they act.

I'd talk to a dr. if I were you since you seem concerned. But more than likely you are fine.  
Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games