User Image

Name: Folken Fanel
Race: 1/2 Human, 1/2 Draconian
Hair: Green
Eyes: Black
Height: 5'8" or 173 cm
Weight: 132 lbs or 59.9 kg
Blood: Type AB

Folken Fanel the Strategos or tactician of Zaibach, Folken is revealed to be Van's older brother and the original heir to Fanelia. After he failed to kill a dragon, he lost an arm to the beast. However once he accepted the fact that he was going to die and that there was no malice or fear in his heart, the dragon left him alone consequently leading to his discovery that dragons were drawn to hatred and fear. He was later saved by the Zaibach, who nursed him back to health under Dornkirk's instructions and fitted him with a mechanical arm. He originally joined the empire in hopes of realizing Zaibach's ideals of a world free of war, but is later disillusioned and defects.

Folken cares very much for Van's wellbeing and hopes that someday Van will stand by his side so they can create a peaceful world together. When they were younger Folken told Van the story of a man who slayed a "rampaging" dragon to protect his village which resulted in the man being chosen as the first king of Fanelia. After hearing this story, Van stated that killing the dragon was "mean" and Folken couldn't help but agree with him. It is later revealed that Folken only wanted to become king so Van's "gentle soul" wouldn't have to bear the pressure that came with the job. Folken is truly a kind individual that loves his brother more than anything and wishes for nothing but a peaceful future for all of Gaea.

He, like Van, is half Draconian and thus he also has angelic wings. His wings have turned black, foreshadowing the destruction of his life is near. Folken dies when his sword breaks as he kills Dornkirk and strikes him in the heart. The last thing he said before his demise was "Van."  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:09 am
Ah my favorite character. His tattoos are pretty neat. I wanted those done until I found out that you couldn't have tattoos done on your face anymore.
His arm is pretty bas@$$
I always did cry when he died. Very sad.

xo-Snow White Queen-xo

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200

Fallenarchangel999

Eloquent Conversationalist

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:57 am
Folken is a rare find, he's a person you can wholly hate at one moment, and absolutely sympathize with a second later. Once you fully understand his past, and the reasoning behind his decisions, you can see that he is never really truly evil.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:03 pm
Yeah, hes Awesome  

Tempest Lorelay

Obsessed Lovergirl

pneoqueen
Captain

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:26 am
folken was always one of my all time favs. i was so sad when he dies crying  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:05 pm
Silveredge Helios
Folken is a rare find, he's a person you can wholly hate at one moment, and absolutely sympathize with a second later. Once you fully understand his past, and the reasoning behind his decisions, you can see that he is never really truly evil.

Yeah I know what you mean.
That's how I felt throughout the course of the series and the movie.

xo-Snow White Queen-xo

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
Escaflwone Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items