User Image

Name: Allen Schezar
Alias: Pretty Boy Allen
Race: Human
Hair: Long blond hair
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'10" or 178 cm
Weight: 155 lbs. or 70.3 kg

Allen Schezar is a member of the Knight Caeli, Asturia's elite knights who bears an uncanny resemblance to Hitomi's high school crush, Susumu Amano. When he was younger, his younger sister Celena was kidnapped by Zaibach, his father disappeared mysteriously, and his mother died shortly afterwards. He has captured the heart of Princess Millerna of Asturia, but also demonstrates strong feelings for Hitomi as the series progresses.

He was a gifted swordsman at a young age, becoming one of the most skilled fighters of Gaea under the expert tutelage of Balgus of Fanelia. During his early knight career he and Princess Marlene fell in love and she bore his child, Chid. Later within the series, Allen briefly becomes romantically involved with Hitomi through Dornkirk's influence. Allen pilots the Guymelef Scherezade.

Allen also harbors a great deal of anger towards his father, Leon, for leaving his mother and family behind (it is later revealed that Leon truly loved Allen's mother and was murdered by Dornkirk's soldiers for the secrets of Atlantis.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:44 am
Finally, someone with backbone. The whole daddy thing ticked me off, but once he got over it, Allen is cool. The whole Hitomi thing was creepy though.  

Fallenarchangel999

Eloquent Conversationalist

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

pneoqueen
Captain

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:52 pm
i liked him better with hitomi. she did him a lot of good, but dropping her for the princess was the wrong move.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:51 pm
He's 32, for pity's sake. That puts him in ***** territory.  

Fallenarchangel999

Eloquent Conversationalist

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

xo-Snow White Queen-xo

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:51 am
Wow! He's 32?! He looks reeeaaallly good for 32.
I thought he was 21!
Yeah the dad thing pissed me off as well. As did the princess thing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:08 am
Well he did do a lot of stuff, so it's only naturally he's that old. But yeah, doesn't much matter on the whole age difference being the fact that it was acceptable during times such as the Medieval and teenagers have less control experience controlling their strong emotions that they don't normally care about age differences.  

Thy_obsessive_freak

Spawn of Enmity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 pm
I personally like him a lot with Hitomi :3 I agree with PNeoQueen in saying that she did him/would do him a lot of good.

And WalrusM3 is right, I think...in medieval times, those kinds of relationships were a normal part of society...and I think Hitomi is mature enough to handle that kind of relationship.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:40 pm
For frick sake not another Allen fan...  

Thy_obsessive_freak

xo-Snow White Queen-xo

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:06 am
Girls really seem to go for the blond knight pretty boy  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:36 pm
I don't know where you got 32 from unless it's a typo...he's 21.  

eusheeta

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Spawn of Enmity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:34 am
WalrusM3
For frick sake not another Allen fan...

Referring to me? xD

I just enjoy the complexities of Allen's role within the story. It takes a lot for an author to actually have a character with so many flaws...such as fathering an illegitimate child.

And...I'm pretty sure he is about thirty-two, Eulailyan. Because if he was twenty-one, the timeline wouldn't fit the story. Allen wouldn't have been old enough to have that affair with the princess or else Chid would be much older. Pretty sure anyway. The exact dynamics of age and things escape my memory xD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:45 pm
I found this site to be quite useful in determining age. http://escaflowne.anime.net/

I am in the 'Allen is 21-24' camp, which would put him at 16 ish when Chid was fathered, which fits as Chid is five.
Escaflowne is wonderful at making people look older or younger than they really are. After all Van, Hitomi, Millerna, and Dilandau/Celena are all fifteen or sixteen.

I prefer Allen alone. Millerna is not good for him, and they do not in fact get together at the end of the anime. I don't think he'll get involved in a romantic relationship again for quite a while, as now he has his sister to take care of, which is what he wanted all along. (my interpretations)  

Ensia

Shy Demigod

27,725 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Escaflwone Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items