Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Please tell me doctor: Is my Wii going to live? (UPDATES!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 am
Rad Electropow
You can save your WiiWare and VC items to the SD card.
Yes, but if I got a new Wii, it wouldn't let me put them on it because I didn't buy them on that Wii. It's like trying to copy your Wii Ware games to someone else's Wii. It doesn't work.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:03 pm
Super Cheesio
Rad Electropow
Yes, but if I got a new Wii, it wouldn't let me put them on it because I didn't buy them on that Wii. It's like trying to copy your Wii Ware games to someone else's Wii. It doesn't work.

BEFORE sending your wii:

1. Delete the VC games and Wiiware on your wii.
2. Unlink your Club Nintendo account from your wii.
3. Send it.
4. When you get the new one, link your account.
5. You can download your games again! Voila!

It's because the account permits you to download the game again if you don't have it on your wii.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:06 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Super Cheesio
Rad Electropow

BEFORE sending your wii:

3. Send it.

It's because the account permits you to download the game again if you don't have it on your wii.
:O Nintendo's website saves the day again! blaugh

*Shudders*
It's gonna be tough without mah Wii around, but there comes a time in every nerd's life when they have to let go of their console and endure weeks of video-gameless hours. I will not cry when I send my precious Wii off to the land of Royal Mail. I will not cry. I will not cry! I WILL NOT CRY! crying
*Rocks back and forth stroking Wii*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:12 pm
Super Cheesio
The Rawk Hawk
Super Cheesio
Rad Electropow

BEFORE sending your wii:

3. Send it.

*Shudders*
It's gonna be tough without mah Wii around, but there comes a time in every nerd's life when they have to let go of their console and endure weeks of video-gameless hours. I will not cry when I send my precious Wii off to the land of Royal Mail. I will not cry. I will not cry! I WILL NOT CRY! crying

It took me a week or 2 to get my Wii back.
Do you have another console?  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:17 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Super Cheesio
The Rawk Hawk
Super Cheesio
Rad Electropow

BEFORE sending your wii:

3. Send it.

*Shudders*

It took me a week or 2 to get my Wii back.
Do you have another console?
Thank goodness I do. I have my Gamecube, PS2, and DS Lite. Unfortunately though my N64 and my GBA SP are no more. But I've completed pretty much all of the games on my GC and DS. There's always Metal Gear Solid though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Oh my Wii
Don't die on me
Nintendo will mend you well
But I will miss you I can tell

My pure white sweet
I will miss thee
When will it be that we next meet?
I will wait for you(... Um... )In a tree(? Eh, that'll do. It rhymes at least.)

My Wii, my Wii
How I will miss thee
Nintendo, send it home to me
Thanks for fixing it for free  

Super Cheesio

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:22 pm
>>; thats why it pays to be a game junkie...I think that's why I didn't mourn the loss of my x-bla 360 much.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:09 pm
Actually, when you send your Wii in, even if they give you a different one, they link that one to your shop channel account, so you can download your VC and WiiWare games again. All that linking and unlinking accounts doesn't have anything to do with it.  

GuruGuru214

Crazy Cray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:27 pm
My friend's (Kriel's) Wii was doing that.
It broke but... his dog was the culprit sweatdrop ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:28 am
GuruGuru214
Actually, when you send your Wii in, even if they give you a different one, they link that one to your shop channel account, so you can download your VC and WiiWare games again. All that linking and unlinking accounts doesn't have anything to do with it.
Good good.
By the way folks, if they give me a new Wii, will I get it free?  

Super Cheesio

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:55 pm
Yeah. Well, maybe not free, if you're out of warranty, but for the $82.50 repair charge. What happens a lot of the time is they want to have as fast a turnaround as possible, so instead of fixing your Wii and sending it back to you, they just link a refurbished Wii with a blank memory to your shop account and send it back to you, then work on refurbishing your Wii for someone else. At least as far as I can tell that's how it works. I suppose it's plausible that they fix your Wii, but mine came back with a different serial number, and the couple of scratches on the side may or may not have been there before I sent it, so I really don't know. I watched the tracking the whole time my Wii was gone, and if I remember, there was just a couple of hours between the time FedEx delivered it and the time UPS picked it up. I guess we'll see if that's how it works when I send my DS in, since that has much more obvious and unique scuff marks on it. I wonder if I can tell them the battery's not holding much of a charge and get them to give me a new one when they replace the screen...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff