Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]
Questions and Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

Distinct Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:08 am
Well, seeing how the Kaguya's kinda died before the show started and Kimimaro was the supposed last, making up a good story to the bone manipulators back six - seven hundred years later would be probably considered bs by the person who made Naruto. >.> xD But idk if it's the fact that Kimimaro had so much power with his limit (thought the cursed seal was the real reason he could do a lot of his moves) or the fact that he was supposed to be the last that got the Kaguya's banned in the guild. Cause if it's the latter then I can make a story up to bring them back, but if it's not then I can argue a point that with his cursed seal Kimimaro would have only been able to harden his bones and pull out certain other bones. But I doubt he could pull out his spinal cord without the cursed seal. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:11 am
I just looked, they're banned from the guild >__>;

PonPon-kun

Gracious Gaian

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:15 am
I know... o.o' I wondering why so I can try to find a way to get them. xP I happen to like the Kaguya's very much as a Taijutsu Clan.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:09 am
i was looking to start a bone based clan but not like kimimaru. the bones dont leave their body or become distorted in any way  

onixdragon

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:06 am
I'm curious... if Sneak is a Dex stat... wouldn't Sneak Attack be a Dex Stat as well? o.o?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:42 pm
you should ask carlos about that.  

cheerios18

Emily Marneth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:23 pm
Sneak attack covers all sneak attacks: ambushes, traps, etc. hiding is a dex-based stat because if one is not coordinated and dextrous, they cannot keep their hiding place efficiently. But a sneak attack can use a melee weapon, a ranged weapon, a bomb, a rock from overhead, et cetera, so assigning a stat to a learned skill with almost no limits is bad for anyone.

It gives a bonus to strike and a bonus to damage, and for a skill to do that it would have to be free of an ability bonus, due to the fact that it wasn't specific to a type. Weapons give bonuses to hit because they have ability bonuses. For sneak attack to have an ability bonus, you'd have to have

Sneak attack: Strength
Sneak attack: Dexterity
Sneak attack: Intelligence
Sneak attack: Chakra
Sneak attack: Charisma

Wisdom and Constitution don't govern many attacks, but if they are used for your attacks, you'd have to have them for those, too. And for a skill that barely ever gets used and even fewer times gets points... That's just insane.

Carlos may have a different argument, but this one is my interpretation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:45 pm
This time skip coming up after the chuunin's. All I want to know is 4 things.

1. How long is it?
2. What do you do for a time skip?
3. How do you gain Jutsu/XP/Skills/Stats from it?
4. How do I figure out on, my own, exactly what my gains will be from it?  

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

onixdragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:01 pm
Kazuma Ryuuzaki
This time skip coming up after the chuunin's. All I want to know is 4 things.

1. How long is it?
2. What do you do for a time skip?
3. How do you gain Jutsu/XP/Skills/Stats from it?
4. How do I figure out on, my own, exactly what my gains will be from it?

1. usually 2-3 years
2. whatever you want as long as it follows the village/guild story
3. you say what you learn and write the training out.(Ex. if you want to learn Katon: Gokakyu no jutsu. then write 2-3 paragraphs about the training you did.
4. the only thing you can do is hope your story is good enough. you also can write what stats you think you should get and the crew looks over your story and gives you the stats you deserve.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:29 pm
onixdragon
3. you say what you learn and write the training out.(Ex. if you want to learn Katon: Gokakyu no jutsu. then write 2-3 paragraphs about the training you did.

O.o ok... so it would (using that logic) only take 2 or 3 lines, maybe 1, for something like... Kugutsu no Jutsu, and more arounf the lines of 5-6 paragraphs for something like Kisame's one jutsu he used to cover the desert?

Is there a limit to how many Jutsu we can learn, or can we learn as many as we feel like so long as it can fit logically into the time spand of the time skip? Like out of a time skip year, about how many days of it can be spent gaining jutsus?  

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:00 am
There's a limit to how many jutsu you can learn that will be determined by your rank. Since you're a student genin ish type you can probably learn max 1 B rank or 2 C rank or 3 D rank etc etc although we might change that (for the low ranks). I don't care how much you write about the process but note that more description = more experience and rewards.

You can train every day doing whatever the heck you want.. xD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:49 am
>.> I'll be a Genin before the time skip. You can believe that.... even if I have to go bug Genin to teach me the Jutsus I require. O.o But would it stick with 1 B-Rank or 2 C-Rank or 3 D Rank or 4 E Rank? Or does it go up to: 1 A Rank or 2 B-Rank or 3 C-Rank or 4 D Rank or 5 E Rank? O.o So I can come up with a jutsu point system to get certain specific jutsu. :XP  

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas