Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (Nintendo DS)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (DS)
  Worth a buy
  Waste of money
View Results

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:52 pm
I am a videogame fanatic, and have most systems. I also have a large collection of games. But I am sad to admit that the Nintendo DS has been putting out some games lately that aren't of such a good quality. It seems like a lot were even half-assed.

Yet one, older game, caught my eyes for the Nintendo DS. It's Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. I played the GBA version of the older Superstar Saga, and it was great.

...So if Partners in Time worth a buy? I'm looking for a DS game that's adventurous, addicting, and very fun. Can anybody outline the pros and cons of the game, and whether they enjoyed it or not?

Thanks, I appreciate it. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:19 pm
You control four characters. It's odd at first and especially battling will take some practice, but if you loved superstar saga there's no way you won't find partners in time awesome.  

Al Torrenz

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:29 pm
The battle system is a lot tougher to master, but also more satisfying. For some reason I still haven't finished it. I probably should, since the next one's been announced.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:06 pm
~User Image~

I haven't finished it either, but it's extremely fun. The battle system is more challenging than Superstar Saga, but it's entertaining too. It's definitely worth it if you liked the first one.
<3

melonkuma

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:57 pm
I've beaten the game already and MAN IS IT A CHALLENGE!

I highly recommend the game if you enjoyed the original, but be warned that it isn't as humorus as Superstar Saga, but it makes up for that in other ways.

Some parts of the plot are a little on the predictable side, but there are many unexpected plot twists as well. Most of the dialogue is well-written.

The sound and music work in the game is awesome (especially the credits line music; I saved my game at the final boss just so I can beat it and hear the credits music sweatdrop )

I liked Superstar Saga's GBA graphics more, but that's just nostalgic me there. You might like the crisper graphics however...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:21 pm
Okay, thanks people. From what you've said, this game sounds awesome, and worth a buy.

But I heard from Waynebrizzle that a new installation on the series has been announced. Can you elaborate please? Because maybe I'll just wait for this upcoming one. Thanks a lot. mrgreen  

Dude-LAP

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:46 am
Dude-LAP
Okay, thanks people. From what you've said, this game sounds awesome, and worth a buy.

But I heard from Waynebrizzle that a new installation on the series has been announced. Can you elaborate please? Because maybe I'll just wait for this upcoming one. Thanks a lot. mrgreen

Video footage. DSi. Don't hold your breath for anything anytime soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:11 am
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that there are no side quests and no replayability.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

El Dimentio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:27 am
The game's worth buying really, it's almost as good as the prequel, the only difference is that this game is more linear. But the battle system is awesome and it's still a cool game to play.

I really like it and I recommend it if you like Mario RPG games. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:08 pm
auS-e-Dude
Dude-LAP

Video footage. DSi. Don't hold your breath for anything anytime soon.

Alright, thanks. Then I guess it's pretty distant and far away. So I think I'll just but Partners in Time... smile  

Dude-LAP

otawara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 pm
My babies are A LOT stronger than the normal ones.. level and stat wise.

I find that lulzy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 pm
otawara
My babies are A LOT stronger than the normal ones.. level and stat wise.

I find that lulzy.

That's cool how you can train all four characters. But my favorite part from the last game (Superstar Saga) was the funny scenes and the puzzles.  

Dude-LAP

Trop003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:52 pm
I guess that what annoyed me a bit was that it's like
"Oh! You now have 4 people on your team, let's give every single monster quintuple the HP from the first (Goomba in SS= 4hp in PoT=35), disregarding the fact that two of your team consists of babies!" They also don't make enemy packs smaller when your by yourself (just Bros., or just baby Bros.) And bosses take FOREVER!

(I hear the last boss has over three thousand!!! HP.
(not a big spoiler but better safe than sorry))

But that's just me nitpicking, the game is great and totally worth the purchase.

~I HAVE FURY  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:07 pm
Tropius003
I guess that what annoyed me a bit was that it's like
"Oh! You now have 4 people on your team, let's give every single monster quintuple the HP from the first (Goomba in SS= 4hp in PoT=35), disregarding the fact that two of your team consists of babies!" They also don't make enemy packs smaller when your by yourself (just Bros., or just baby Bros.) And bosses take FOREVER!

(I hear the last boss has over three thousand!!! HP.
(not a big spoiler but better safe than sorry))

But that's just me nitpicking, the game is great and totally worth the purchase.

~I HAVE FURY

Yeah, that's probably the only thing that I hated about Superstar Saga. The boss battles were extremely long. Much too long. I wasn't that good at strategizing like four years ago, so some took me like hours. I wish that you'd be able to save in the middle of some fights to, because I have to admit that some got a bit boring.  

Dude-LAP

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff