Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The imperial territory ( imperial lands RP area )
[PRP] Meeting new allies (Duel, Komi, Puddle, LK) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Komitadjie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:36 pm
Kelly nodded, acknowledging the other's skill. "A good combination, then. I specialize in long-range engagements, and silent armed combat." He tapped the rifle case with one finger. "Sniping, of course, is my primary method of operation. One shot, one kill, anywhere out to six hundred meters with this weapon. I can reach out a tad farther with a more powerful rifle, but packing around a six-foot-long, twenty-pound antimaterial weapon becomes rather tiresome, and is not really worth the effort most of the time." He grinned and chuckled at the latter comment, however. "I don't really do the dancing thing, although I do imagine that incapacitating your enemy via motion sickness could be amusing."

He flipped the folders shut after giving them a cursory glance through. Rarely did any group like this stick to its original plans anyway, and the missions NEVER went as written, so he didn't really put too much effort into the mission briefing and descriptions section, although he did spend some time looking through his team mates' profiles, concentrating on specialties and prior combat service.

He flicked the closed folder spinning onto the table, and stood up, heading for the back room to unpack his gear. He absently wondered weather they'd actually see orders relatively soon for a mission, or if they were going to be barracks decorations for the emperor's review.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:20 am
Glancing towards the guy who made the request...what was his name....Talon?, Jacob let a dark scowl touch his face briefly as he placed a mug on the counter before turning away to stare at the wall. The guy could get the rest of it by himself...

He wasn't really interested in learning more about his comrades beyond what their profiles told him outlined in their orders. If they had to get along, fine. If they were forced to go seperate ways, fine. In the military, people came and went without warning...that was one of the earliest lessons his father had taught the young teenager.

It wasn't healthy to make unneccessary attachments to your platoon members.

Duelist of Pokemon

Liquid Kitsune

Malevolent Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:37 pm
Zyph kind of watched and listened to the other members of the team as she started cleaning her guns. She sat there cleaning each one thoroughly and then oiling it up ready for whatever mission they went on next.

She wondered what exactly their missions were going to be like though. What was there really for them to do with the Zoids? A team this small wouldn't really take on an entire army but there were too many of them and too loud in a Zoid to really do stealth missions.

Maybe they could assault a smaller base as long as there were not many Zoid reinforcements but that was still sort of a stretch. Maybe she would go out and talk to her Zoid a bit. She knew they had their own personalities and she might go see if they meshed and how functional the Zoid was without her. Could help with a stealth mission if the Zoid was able to distract people while they slipped in quietly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:50 pm
"It has it's charm. " he smirked, expecting the coffee to come. No. It never came. How annoying. Talon grumbled in his throat. With a grunt, he was on his feet, moving towards the coffee machine. The kid needed to realize they were stuck together. Some civility would have been nice. Oh well. The cup of burnt java was poured into the cup, tasted, and sat back down on the table as Talon searched for something to mask that disgusting burnt flavor. Sugar was found, he'd make do with that.

Talon stood by the coffee machine, stirring the sugary black sludge while he watched the two youths. He determined that Kelly was more of an ally in this situation. The young firecrackers were really wet behind the ears. Placing value on others life was the best way to keep alive in such a small specialized squad. A sip was taken and he waited for something to happen.

Lets see, he thought, the only person that hasn't really spoken a word was the kid. Not the female. She was a real character. The soldier boy was a little too quiet for his taste. "You really are horrid at socializing. " Talon said, another sip of the coffee was taken. "Your coffee skills reflect your inexperience. " He wasn't really trying to provoke the kid. He just wanted a reaction. Jacob seemed a bit too tense to last. He'd break eventually, it was only a matter of time.

PuddleInk

Hallowed Heckler

Komitadjie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:59 pm
Kelly carefully and quickly unpacked his bag, most of which was filled with a second gray flight suit indistinguishable from the one he was wearing, a gillie suit with the usual bags of fabric scraps to customize it to the environment, and a small hand-loading press. The uniforms he carefully hung in the closet, paying attention that the gillie was not pressed so tightly against the other clothing that it would flatten and acquire a shape, and the other personal gear went into a small footlocker at the end of his bunk. He folded the bag fastediously and placed it into the locker as well, good bags always seemed hard to come by when you needed them.

After stowing his equipment, he paused to watch Zyph work on her veritable arsenal. "Tad on the heavy side, isn't it? That's quite a bit to carry at once." He tapped his MP7 with one hand. "I've had good luck with this, it's fast, powerful, and has a very minimal recoil."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:48 pm
Jacob only "tch"d in response to Talon and slammed his mug on the counter to futher display his annoyance. Such blathering! If he was going to preach to him about being more social, then Talon was better off leaving him alone. Jacob was only social when it was required...not a moment more and not a moment le-

The crackling of static from the display interuppted his thought process as the face of the commander they had met before came on-screen. he was looking mildly better than he had been a few hours beforehand.

"Front and center, you lot! I have an emergency mission for you!"

Jacob pushed past Talon and stood infront of the screen to better hear the orders. It was quite obvious that the military stood in higher priority that socializing.

Duelist of Pokemon

Liquid Kitsune

Malevolent Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:30 pm
Zyph shook her head, as she reloaded her guns after finishing cleaning them and put them back in their holsters. "Actually all my equipment is light, yours is heavy and you need to carry ammo." She started packing up her cleaning equipment, "My pistols are only to use when I cannot get up behind them to kill them. I am not seen or heard, when I am those that do...don't live long." She looked up at Kelly, "How many men have you killed with that? Can't kill many without everyone around knowing you are there and where you are."

She had finished packing up her cleaning equipment just as the commander popped onto the screen alerting them to a mission. It was about time, though she wasn't happy she had to work on a team. There were worse things than this and maybe she would be able to bond with her Zoid. That was something she was actually very excited about. She didn't let it show but she walked quickly over to the display to hear their orders.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:17 pm
This.well, this was amusing. The sudden mission right off the shoot was to be expected. Though, getting shoved aside like he was nothing more than an annoying sack of potatoes was far from pleasant . A sip of the coffee and a side step to let the other veteran see the screen was all Talon really did in this situation.

It took quite a bit of restraint not to dump his java on the young boy's head. It would have been more than satisfying, albeit a bit childish. It would really be the satisfaction of tarnishing that practically perfect uniform that would get a smile, a chuckle even. Though it would probably be not well received by the others. He'll deal. But for now, the mission was more important. Kinda.

His view on the young'uns was falling fast. Too cocky, too trigger happy, and too eager they seemed. A sip of the coffee was taken again. "I hope the kiddies realize this ain't a one man show." he mumbled absently to no one in particular.

PuddleInk

Hallowed Heckler

Komitadjie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:22 am
Kelly chuckled, patting his sidearm, amused. "Actually, this particular weapon weighs only four pounds, which I would wager is less that the weight of your pistols. A single magazine, which weighs less than a quarter pound holds fully twenty cartridges. The wet suppressor adds about six ounces, it's made of aluminum and carbon composite to reduce weight and increase strength, but muffles the firing to a sound far less noticeable than the cycling of the action." He reached down and pulled out one of the two spare magazines in pockets on the holster, flipping it up to show the small cartridges inside. "The ammunition is a steel-core 4.6mm projectile, that can pierce most common body armour out to fifty meters, and light armour out beyond a hundred." He shoved the mag back into its pouch and grinned. "They've made some impressive improvements in weapons recently. Nice thing about the small cartridge is the low recoil; with the stock extended and the foregrip down, I can put the entire clip into a torso-sized target at fifty meters in less than four seconds."

He rather pointedly ignored her green question about number of kills he had made, in the fraternity of scout-snipers, any kind of bragging about the number of kills you had made was considered a great breach of respect. If you were good enough to complete your missions and earn the duty of scout, that was enough.

"You'll learn in time" he nodded, "provided you don't get yourself killed first. Don't get too cocky, and make sure the rest of your team is in position to support you. One person alone is an easy mark for a trained adversary. Scouts always go in pairs, one sniper, one spotter." He turned to the briefing screen, then turned back. "Also, no matter how good your suppressor, never fire more than twice from any one location. Being unseen doesn't help much if they get the general idea of your direction and call in for artillery, you can't outrun shrapnel."

So saying, he turned to the briefing screen and pulled a notebook and pen from the sleeve pocket of his flight suit, prepared to take notes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:48 am
Nodding in satisfation that he had everyone's attention, the command looked down at the document he had recieved before returning his attention to the team. "All right, pay attention because i'm only gunna say this once!"

A second screen popped up in the lower, right-hand corner of the debriefing screen. It was showing a scene of pure chaos in a place that looked just like downtown in the Main City. "As you can probably tell, we have a disturbance in downtown. Several "wild" rogues and a street gang started a fist-fight over something we are unable to to gain information on; according the witnesses, this soon turned into an all-out war when one of the gang members came into the fight with a Gordos." On screen, a series of rounds exploded as they were launched towards a Shield Liger, A Saber Fang, and what appeared to be a Lightning Saix through the remains of a office building. They retaliated with their own modified weapons as crowds of people fled the scene. "No fatal injuries have been reported. Police Forces are unable to contain them..." He placed down the sheet and glared at the four of them. "That's where you lot come in! Your orders are the following: Surpress the fight and contain all those who participated in the fight. If they flee, you may use deadly force, if needed! DISMISSED!" With that said, the screen turned black as the communications faded.

Jacob stared at the blank screen before lowering his head to ponder their orders. Rogue fight? In the city? How did they get into Downtown in the first place?
Bah, it was better to just do what they were told to do and with luck, they would be able to finish quickly.
Plus, it was a prime time to test out their new ZOIDs.

Duelist of Pokemon

Liquid Kitsune

Malevolent Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm
Zeph thought about what was just said to them and about having to contain them. So basically it was their job to handle this incident without killing anyone, unless they try to run that it. Now how to take them out without killing them and without getting hurt. "What do you guys think? We have to move fast here." She thought of the different maneuvers they could use to accomplish the goal.

"I think if we were to actually split up and surround them without their knowledge of our appearance then that would probably be the best formation in order to contain them with least risk to us." She waited to hear what everyone thought, she wanted to hurry though so she could meet her Zoid. She had dreamed of this day since she was little and couldn't wait to finally pilot her very own Zoid.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:52 pm
The scene shown was pretty intense. This mission probably wasn't the best to throw the rookies into, thought Talon. He sighed, ran his hand through his hair and pointedly ignored the girl. The eagerness showed... mistakes were easier to make with that haste.

"Two should distract while the other two disable. It'll confuse them, and also keep us pretty safe. If we play to our strengths, then this shouldn't be hard. No hero business. Also, it is my impression that we'll be working with the Police. They're in charge, we're just back up." The coffee cup was discarded, set in the sink for easier clean up later. "If we all just rush in there without assessing for ourselves the situation, we're pretty much dead. I'm not above shooting allies if they're threatening missions. "

PuddleInk

Hallowed Heckler

Komitadjie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm
Kelly watched without comment as the video played, showing close attention when the opposing Zoids fired their armaments. He took notes occasionally, nodding.

"I agree with Talon, a distract-and-strike maneuver is a good choice for this engagement. Bear in mind, however, that we have two opposed factions here, meaning that a single distraction is not likely to draw the attention of both sides. Whichever side we fire on to draw attention is most likely going to assume we're just another unit of the opposing force, and it's entirely possible that their enemies will assume the same. Perhaps, then the best course of action would be to JOIN the fight briefly, two on each side, then after they have discounted our respective appearances as threats, make a swift rear assault. That might buy us the advantage we need to strike them on their weaker rear areas, since none of us is equipped with suitable weapons to enter a frontal assault."

He lifted the notebook and showed a quick sketched outline of the downtown area as shown on the vid screen, and a proposed route of approach that would take them ouside the enemies view range and encircle from behind.

"What I really wish we had was a Zoid with a precise, powerful, long-range weapon that we could use to safely disable these from range. Unfortunately, we are not so equipped at the moment, so we're going to have to improvise." Left unsaid was his agreement with Talon, rushing into something like this was a sure way to lose team members and cause higher than necessary collateral damage. The center of Main City was certainly no place for a slapped-together operation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:28 am
Jacob listened as ideas were exchanged back and forth; most were actually very good but faultered due to where the fight was taking place. Stepping forward to join the little pow-wow, the rookie cleared his throat and spoke for the first time since that morning.

"If I may interuppt, please? Indeed, just as Talon and Kelly have said: a long-range weapon would be ideal for a swift and silent outcome but that option is not open to us with the Rev Raptors." He fell silent, pondering something as memory cropped up in his brain. "Ah! I just remembered something!"

Walking over to Kelly, he swiped the writing utensil he had used and drew something extra on the notepad. "Whenever an incident similar to this happens in the city, citizens are ordered to evacuate to special, underground shelters. Those are very close to where the fight is happening downtown so, most likely, we need not worry about hurting someone not involved." He pointed at the route he had drawn on the makeshift outline. "Also, from what I had overheard my father talking a few days ago, they plan on building another high-rise using a few vacant lots and these are located against the south wall. If we can draw the enemy over to that area, we might beable to take them down with minimal damage to the buildings."

Of course, that was just his idea. Who knew how the others would react?

Duelist of Pokemon

Liquid Kitsune

Malevolent Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 pm
Zyph looked over at the two oldest guys with almost disgust on her face. They were retarded, did they not know how to use things to their advantage. At least the younger one was somewhat intelligent. Though getting them to follow them was probably not the best idea either but would be effective as a back up plan.

She thought for a moment and shook her head looking over at Talon, he was on her s**t list already and this wasn't helping. "Look for an old guy you suck at a strategist and not very bright. Did you even read the profile of our Zoids. We are not meant for that type of fighting, we are meant to get up close and attack them. Right now we have the element of surprise, they are not going to expect more Zoids joining or the police force attacking with Zoids."

She looked up as she thought of different scenarios to double check, "No the best way to do this is to surprise attack them and take out 4 of their Zoids simultaneously. We attack the joints in the legs so they cannot move or aim anymore. Once we attack they will be confused for a moment and hopefully we can get to the second Zoid before they regain their composure. We might be able to take 8 Zoids down before they even get an attack off at us. That will most likely demoralize the rest and they won't even attack and just run. Then we chase the rest and disable them."

She grabbed a knife and spun in between her fingers, "The best way to come at them too is from behind of each team. We move in two groups, so we each have a partner to back each other up if something bad happens. If they gain their composure quicker than expected then we can run to that section and lead them there. But as we are running from them, I think they will cause a lot of damage trying to shoot at us as we run. But I think that would have happened anyways if we tried to lead them there to begin with."

She nodded her head, this was the best option. "The best chance we have of taking them out quickly without causing anymore damage to the area is a quick unexpected strike. Coming from no where and hitting them. We don't have effective guns so sadly we cannot take them out from a distance. I suggest you listen to me as this is my style of fighting." She looked at Kelly, "You are an expert in distance and marksmanship. I am an expert in hand to hand with knives." That basically wrapped up what she thought was the best tactic and plan for this scenario. Maybe later they might upgrade their Zoids with better guns or at least Kelly's so they were more diverse. But for what they had this was really their only option.  
The imperial territory ( imperial lands RP area )

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games