Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The Nintendo Cult Game of the Year Award (We have a winner!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Smash Bros Brawl!
  Well, it was always gonna be Brawl!
  Didn't desurve to win.
View Results

Veritas Unae_Nanashi

Dapper Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:09 pm
"It is I. There is no treachery here, my child - there is only truth."

I keep hearing that 2008 wasn't Nintendo's best year, but that doesn't mean it was all bad. We got several of the sequels we were hoping for, Brawl and Kart included (for myself at least), some excellent new games (like my greatest one, deBLOB, who had a much better storyline, excellent replayability and a multiplayer mode I have now tried and love as well! And painting as a blob. Gotta remember the blob. And the awesome soundtrack which I still need. >.>' I'll stop ranting about it now.)

I don't really see what was so bad about it. xP But then again, that's just me.

User Image
"Veritas!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:02 pm
Veritas Unae_Nanashi
"It is I. There is no treachery here, my child - there is only truth."

I keep hearing that 2008 wasn't Nintendo's best year, but that doesn't mean it was all bad. We got several of the sequels we were hoping for, Brawl and Kart included (for myself at least), some excellent new games (like my greatest one, deBLOB, who had a much better storyline, excellent replayability and a multiplayer mode I have now tried and love as well! And painting as a blob. Gotta remember the blob. And the awesome soundtrack which I still need. >.>' I'll stop ranting about it now.)

I don't really see what was so bad about it. xP But then again, that's just me.

User Image
"Veritas!"

Nintendo started out the year 2008 pretty strong, especially with SSBB, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii. But the second half was awful. Q3 and Q4 were among the worst I've ever seen for Nintendo.  

Dude-LAP

Parkent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 pm
well this is "the Nintendo Cult" what'd you expect Halo 3?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:48 pm
Parkent

Well I was expecting "The Conduit" to be released in late 2008, because it has been in development for over a year, and they showed demo versions early in 2008. But the game is set to release in the middle of 2009.

And no, I wasn't expecting Halo 3, but I at least wanted one decent Wii game made in that time span.  

Dude-LAP

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:58 pm
Parkent

That's quite irrelevant. Brawl wasn't exactly s**t, but it wasn't the best thing to grace gamers eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:07 pm
Dude-LAP
Well I was expecting "The Conduit" to be released in late 2008, because it has been in development for over a year, and they showed demo versions early in 2008. But the game is set to release in the middle of 2009.
Over a year? Are you serious? Where the hell is that game?

But seriously. Games take time to make, especially good ones. Christ.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:35 pm
Meta_Fish
Dude-LAP
Over a year? Are you serious? Where the hell is that game?

But seriously. Games take time to make, especially good ones. Christ.

The announcement was made in 2007. The actual coding presentation/demonstration was available in early 2008, and the demo releases were in mid 2008. And still, there has not been a confirmation date.

The Conduit will be a great game, and is the type of game the Wii really needed. I can't wait for it to come out. I'm not impatient, but I have to admit that this game is taking longer than it should to be released.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff