A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Multiple Gaia Accounts: Why? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you have more than one account, how do you use it?
I dump trash from my real avi's inventory onto my mule's
25%
 25%  [ 23 ]
I have 1 of each gender, so I can be my own date to the prom
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
I have several, 1 for each of my moods
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
I am an official moderator role, so I also have a secret identity avi
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I forgot my password, so I had to create a new account
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Other (please specify below)
46%
 46%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 92

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:51 pm
I've seen posts mentioning multiple accounts, and folks sometimes refer to their other avitar as a "mule." All I know about mules is that they are excellent beasts of burden (intelligent, strong, even tempered), but sterile. That leads me to guess you have an extra account simply to dump your extra inventory onto, so you don't have to scrounge through newspapers and bugs to find your magic sword. But maybe I've missed the point?

So tell me: How did you end up with an alter ego, and what do you use it for?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:34 pm
I use it for exactly what you stated. Tho, I originaly created it to test out a name that I thought I would like better than Draconian Pheonix.  

Draconian Pheonix

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 pm
Taxi Mama
I've seen posts mentioning multiple accounts, and folks sometimes refer to their other avitar as a "mule." All I know about mules is that they are excellent beasts of burden (intelligent, strong, even tempered), but sterile. That leads me to guess you have an extra account simply to dump your extra inventory onto, so you don't have to scrounge through newspapers and bugs to find your magic sword. But maybe I've missed the point?

It's essentially like a piggy bank. Bannings and hackings are quite common on this site and it's natural to not want to keep all your goods and gold in one account.

The mule is a pack animal which carries around your inventory, monthly collectibles and gold in the event of a hacking/banning.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:58 pm
I use mine to raise gold faster for my main account.  

akageoffrey

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

DearKoyangi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:56 am
I have like 4-5 accounts I've used since 2004. One I long forgot what the name and password was. The other ones...I'm unsure. Mules, banks, for storing contest money and prizes so it doesn't get mixed with personal use,... for RP reasons/characters. Yea, I have no idea. I just use the one now, but I do have my old accounts written down and kept in a safe place. But they are just kinda dead now. It was all back in the day stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:22 am
I have three. This one used to be my mule, but now its 'at same level' as my main account Schutzhund. Both of those have very different style and I wanted to have two alter ego's where another is the blond strict military/business type and this another is dark bum-ish. How I use them is almost same, just with Schutz I write bit more official and polite.

Color themes (and items) are different. I also sometimes want to keep myself hidden and just wander around with the blessing of being anonymous, but mainly its for making two separate appearances and safekeeping. If I have suspicion that I'm being scouted for hacking, I toss my most expensive stuff to another account.

I use last one - female version - to dump trash and less worthy stuff. Both of these to get a little extra gold from forums and such. Not putting real money in this place and I've been so little time here, that I try to ease a bit getting few items.  

Veddhartha

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:40 am
Banning and Hacking? Hacking I can see not being able to do much about but to be arbitrarily banned?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:02 am
could not make up my mind on what look I wanted so I created another account with that look.I still talk on it, its almost at an equal level as this one but not quite  

Creepy Clown Town

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:09 am
I keep Pessimist for several reason. Before we had storage, he was my place to dump stuff. We still don't have any sort of banking, so he also holds all my money in an attempt to keep me from spending it all. Finally, "Pessimist" is just an awesome name for an account. I made Pess in early 2004, before all the good names were taken. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:49 pm
I started having multiple accounts during the Summer 2007 event, because all 4 towns were competing in it.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:26 pm
I only have this one. I spend way too much time here as it is with just one account! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:58 pm
I do have a second account, for the reasons already stated - somewhere to keep stuff, plus a backup in case of hacking or banning. It also allows me to collect double the Daily Chance items!  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:08 pm
Karill
I keep Pessimist for several reason. Before we had storage, he was my place to dump stuff. We still don't have any sort of banking, so he also holds all my money in an attempt to keep me from spending it all. Finally, "Pessimist" is just an awesome name for an account. I made Pess in early 2004, before all the good names were taken. :3
You weren't PessimisticOptimist were you? Why is that name familiar? *NURSE! It's time for my meds!*

I have a few accounts. Originally I had 3. One for posting, one for my letter hoard and one for my gold. Then I got hacked and had to make a new one to complain with and have ended up keeping that as my main and demoting my main to a mule.

It's much easier to organise and stash that way. And if I'm not looking at the gold it's much harder to spend xd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:10 pm
I have 4 accounts. Each one is a specific character. It depends what my mood is who I log on as. None of them I would class as a 'mule' character.

Although one of them, when I get enough money together, I will be changing the name to something generic so he can dress as whoever he wishes to, and not be stuck with one character to live up to his name.  

YACHlRU

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:41 pm
Fairy~Nuff
Karill
You weren't PessimisticOptimist were you? Why is that name familiar? *NURSE! It's time for my meds!*

I have a few accounts. Originally I had 3. One for posting, one for my letter hoard and one for my gold. Then I got hacked and had to make a new one to complain with and have ended up keeping that as my main and demoting my main to a mule.

It's much easier to organise and stash that way. And if I'm not looking at the gold it's much harder to spend xd

xd Sorry to disappoint, but no. I'm the original "Pessimist". Had the account since January of 04 and never changed the name.

"Kirall" is also technically my account, but I lost both her password and the email account. And she had nightmare wings on her avvie! emo  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff