Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Biblical Womanhood and Manhood, Feminism, and the Family Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nebulance

Tipsy Reveler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:47 pm
Let me clear up a couple common misunderstandings about Biblical gender identity:

-A woman does NOT have to submit to just any man. The specific, spiritual authorities laid out for her in the Bible are her Church leaders (just as for the man) and her husband. She might show some-random-man-on-the-street respect, but he has no authority over her whatsoever.

-A man is NOT to force his wife to submit to him. Submission is to be a voluntary act of love towards Christ. Similarly, a husband must choose to love his wife as himself as an act of submission towards Christ. And of course, Christians are not to force submission on anyone outside of marriage either, believers or non-believers.

Christian women who submit to their husbands are merely imitating Christ. In the garden, on the night He was betrayed, Jesus prayed to the Father, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken away from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Was not Jesus fully God? Was He not 'equally' God? Yet, here He was, submitting His very life to the Father-- because that was His role. Jesus submitted-- do you think yourself better than Christ?

The Bible also holds up marriage as an image of the Church submitting to the loving head, Christ, and of Israel submitting to the loving Father. Let's play our parts properly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:01 am
I'm all for equality, women's rights and etc. Women are just as capable as men. And in the artistic trend way more capable at drawing than I am. (So envious)

I do tend to note that on both genders, equality is different in everyone's opinion, it all is a matter of perspective. Obvious belittlement shouldn't be accepted whether its belittling a woman or in some cases men. The thing you should be doing what you believe makes you happy. Whether is being that stay at home mom, or building the first time machine. XD  

Kupo-Sama

Welcoming Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:11 pm
This thread makes me ******** sick.
Congrats.

You back-asswards twats.

"If you are a Christian you submit to the will of Christ and therefore submit to your father or husband teehee. Nevermind that if you don't you aren't a Christian and by our religion you're going to go to Hell if you're not one of us teehee. So be sure to submit to your male superiors and not get a college education or leave the house much or you'll go to Hell ******** you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:56 pm
eek

Really? No, really?  

PetreyDish

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:21 pm
Someday i'll have to go through and read those articles. Rosebud, for what it's worth i've always like reading your posts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:04 pm
ah the good wives guide and social norms

I think I would go insane married anyting out of the good wives guide
such a clash in personalities would have me jumping for the punch bowl

as for social norms
society is full of idots
aperently they breed like rabbits and are taking over one government supported crack addicted baby at a time

I'm not even going to touch on the state of education other than it frustrates me greatly

also
I would love to hear what a womens studeies professor would have to say on the subject(s) presented within this thread  

lordstar

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:41 pm
lordstar

I would love to hear what a womens studeies professor would have to say on the subject(s) presented within this thread

Most likely "... *headdesk*"  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces