mysterious bouncing item Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

charamath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:10 am
Miss Abigal of Lenox
I was just in town and a pink box came floating by and I clicked on it and I got the bad word sign like you get in slots when nothing matches, so I clicked on some more bugs and tried to click on it and again the same thing, so I didn't get the pink box, I don't think that's fair, why put it in if you can't win it. Shame on Gaia.

The first item I ever encountered was a chest in the towns. I caught it like a bug- with the net. And made the mistake of opening it! xp Damn pedestal.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 am
Seriously? You never got one before now? How long have you been on Gaia?  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

MissAlanius

1,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 am
I have only been playing for a couple of months on my account. I use to play my husbands account if he needed things.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 am
I just thought of something, what if the bouncing box comes up while we are on ZOMG? I guess a lot of people including myself wont be getting any items from that.  

rocksteadyandbebop

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:47 pm
Suede_Shoes
You know, whatever happened to the pink links? Has anyone seen those, recently?

I heard Gaia stopped them because scammers/hacker/some ne'er-do-well was taking advantage of them.

Matasoga
Seriously? You never got one before now? How long have you been on Gaia?

It's not very surprising. The chance of getting a random event is determined by the population of Gaia. Back in '03/'04 there weren't as many users, so they were more frequent. Now there are a ton of users, so your chances go down.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:59 pm
I see, said the blind man to the deaf man.  

Suede_Shoes

Amarella Harte

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:10 pm
Quote:
LanceCalvis: Yeah, that is the reason the boxes are tanking like they are. People exploiting the Overseer. By making several accounts to get more items. Causing the items they get to tank.

Egads! I refuse to take care of the one fish tank I've got. I can not begin too imagine more.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 am
I've been on Gaia for two years and I've only received one of those random events.  

Pink Mint Tea

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:41 am
Suede_Shoes
You know, whatever happened to the pink links? Has anyone seen those, recently?
I've never seen a pink link before.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:44 pm
whilst I was in towns the other day I got 2 pink magical giftboxes. But as I'm never lucky when I open them, so I sold em on the marketplace for 7k each.  

YACHlRU

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:03 pm
*Sighs* Yes, I misses getting boxes and trunks and linkies... it's been forever since I got one. In 04 I got lots of them, but haven't seen one in a good six months or more. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:03 pm
I just got one of those yesterday. I was still surprised they were around seeing as Gaia had changed so much.

Though I do miss the little faces we used to make on our avatars if the item started bouncing around the screen.  

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff