[PRP] Family Matters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:17 pm
User Image

The young hyena trotted busily through the bony landscape that was the graveyard, her tiny legs carrying her in no particular direction. Her path was constantly changing, with no apparent purpose, but one watching for more than a moment might notice that she appeared to be looking for something.

Loko o Ka hurried from one bone-pile to the next, barely looking at one before moving on to another. She had a determined look on her face, paying little attention to anything around her.

"I know I left it here somewhere." She growled. Her patience was wearing thin, and before long she simply sat down and glared at nothing at all. She just sat, with a look of distaste on her face, staring angrily at a random spot on the ground.

"Why can't I remember?" She muttered under her breath. She had always prided herself in having the best memory of anyone she knew, and now here she was, unable to recall where she had left that bone of hers. "Someone must have taken it."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:49 pm
It wasn't long into the day during her patrol, she passed a few of her routes with absolutely nothing of interest going on. She was seeing less and less lion activity that it was almost disturbing. If the Maziko was gone, then they can live in their home in peace. About damn time. The bright, tawny female had bumped into her eldest son during one of her passes. While they walked together, they did some catching up. It seemed that Ophos was getting closer and closer to Mafa. Though Shira shared a type or rivalry with the Alpha, she was amused that Ophos was chasing after someone like her. At least if they did get together, she would approve it.

She just wanted this patrol to end, go home, flop down beside her mate, hope the young ones weren't around, and have some time to spend with the big, blue monster.

Just as she was about to wrap up her shift, she had found a rather unearthed bone. Unsure if it belonged to anyone, not that it mattered because no one would dare challenge her, had picked it up and started to head home. Surely, Yakuti could appreciate a small token of love from her since they dun often openly show it. Just as he rounded the corner of many toward home, she blinked down at the little pup that sat before her.

"Huh... 'o what ar' ya doin' out 'ere?" She asked in a gruff tone, well, as gruff as she could with a bone sticking out of her maw.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:15 pm
The pup stared up at the older hyena with a look of distaste. "I'm looking for something." She huffed, eying the bone that the large female had in her mouth. It looked familiar, and it didn't take long for it to click in her mind that this large beast was the one who had found and taken her bone!

She jumped to her feet, intent on scolding her for taking something of hers, but decided against it. There was no use in it. She sighed lightly, and managed to push the thought from her mind. Her bone had been pristine and undamaged, something rare to find in this place, and now that the tawny female had been chewing on it, it was already obvious that the value of it was gone.

"How would it be if you took that out of your mouth before speaking?" She flattened her ears against her head, "I can hardly understand a word you're saying."

Loko o Ka shook her head. Her mother talked with her mouth full all the time, and it irritated her greatly. Perhaps it was simply something less-intelligent creatures were inclined to do? That seemed to be a logical explanation. Logical enough for her, at least.

"In any case, my name is Loko o Ka. You are a member of the pack who lives here, I presume?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:22 pm
Shira smirked, plucked it out of her maw, flipping it around in her paw before holding it still, waving it as she spoke like a baton. She was quite the fiery spirited female and she was so young too! It was interesting and was kinda random. Has she not seen this one before? Where has she been on this time? She does look really young.

"Well, if you were looking for something, I bet someone already found it and is already using it or eating it. In this pack, you gotta keep what you treasure most closest to you until you are ready and willing to part with it," she scoffed. She was sounding more like a cheesy pansy as the days past, but if that meant keeping Yakuti to herself, she'll degrade herself. Just a little. The older female perked her ears and cocked her brow at the following comments, a sly smirk on her face.

"Brave soul to talk to someone older, bigger, and stronger than you like that. Spouting orders. Hah!" She smiled a bit. "Kinda like ya already."

She nodded, "I am a member of this pack, one of the best females, anyone tell you otherwise and I will have to beat the living snot out of them until they damn well admit their mistake. Name's Taashira'kikuto, remember that, won't ya? Now, where's your parents, I know pups just don't poof out of nowhere."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:02 pm
"So it would seem." She debated for a moment about informing the large female of just how right she was, but remained silent about it. There was no need to bring it up any more than it already had been.

"Brave? Perhaps. Or maybe I just know my place, and it's not down at the bottom of the barrel. Age does not matter nearly as much as strength or intelligence around here." She smirked. Taashira'kikuto certainly had at least one of those, and for that she had a bit of her respect already. It couldn't hurt to have someone like that on her side.

"I will keep that in mind." The pup nodded, before proceeding to correct her statement. "Parent. Singular." She said with a shrug, "But in any case, my mother lives near the edge of these parts. Not so strong as yourself, and not so bright as I, but still my mother, through and through." She shook her head. "Not worth your time to meet her, if you ask me." Loko o Ka never had a problem insulting others, even her own mother. As far as she was concerned, Zua had contributed to her genes in only one way. She had given her a bright blue color, and that was all. The rest of her genetics, or at least Loko o Ka hoped, had come from her father. Whoever he was, he must have had some brains in him, because her mother certainly did not.

"Then again, it's possible you've met her already, being in the same pack. Pity." She sighed, "A blue hyena by the name of Zua."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:44 am
"Brave. And bold. I am surprised for such a little thing you hold yourself high above others who would deem you weak and frail. Being a small pup, you are defenseless, if you happen to slight someone too much, be forewarned that you may be very much dead or become useless to us which would still consider yourself dead to the rest of the pack. A silver tongue you have in that maw and if I were you and I know you to be a bit wise, hold it still when it is right to do so," she glowered some as she continued to chew on the delectable bone she had found not too long ago. Whoever had it, lost it, whoever found it, well, she had to commend them on finding a very good one.

"Unfortunate, in fact, my own litter almost suffered the same fate if it weren't for their father. Now, he was dedicated and to this day, I won't let anyone take him for me or face a female's wrath and scorn. I made him that way for me and none other. Selfish, perhaps, but it keeps me happy and hopefully him too," Shira listened to the little female's story of her parent. One who lived upon the edges of the Elephant Graveyard. To speak of the mother in such a belittling manner, it was almost disgusting. This was one of those moments where she should hold her tongue. If this one was one of hers, she would be swiftly punished.

It was then that the name was spoken that Shira's eyes went wide, her jaws tightened around the bone until it snapped, falling onto the ground in pieces. "Zua? You say Zua is your mother? And a single parent no less?" her voice was sharp and dangerous, a growl mixed with anger and disappointment. Her blue eyes shifted as if rummaging her thoughts to decide what to do until it was done. "You, Loko o Ka, are coming with me. Now."

Without regard as to what this one might do, Shira was older, stronger, higher in rank. With a growl, she howled out her mates name to get his attention, hopefully, he heads back to the den because these have become pressing matters. She had a thought of calling for her son as well, but knowing that fool, he was still chasing a tail of a female that he could never obtain. Regardless, she glared at the female below her.

"Either you walk your butt back to my den or I drag you there myself. Make your choice."

Without a moment's pause, she swiftly made her way back to her den.

Zua ... had a litter.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:11 pm
The young hyena opened her mouth to retort, but said nothing, flattening her ears against her skull. The older hyena had a point. Intelligent as she was, she did have a habit of saying more than she needed to. She knew how to take advice, especially from one who had already gained her respect.

Her ears perked up as Shira snapped the bone between her mighty jaws, and she stared blankly at her. So she did know her mother after all.

"I will come with you." She said simply. "From your reaction, I would judge that it is not I that should fear you, but her." Her heart sank slightly. As ashamed as she was by Zua, she wished her no harm. Did she want her out of her life? Certainly, but not by any forcible means such as this.

"I can't wait to see how this plays out." She said sarcastically to herself as she hurried behind the female as fast as her tiny paws would carry her, barely managing to keep up with her enough to see where she was headed.

Yakuti heard his mate's call from nearby and perked up. It sounded like something was the matter. Without hesitation, he bolted upwards and headed out of the den and in that direction, meeting Shira in a matter of moments.

"You called for me, Shira?" He asked, a slightly worried look on his face. "What is the matter?" Without waiting for an answer, he glanced around to see if she was being followed by some attacker, only to see a young pup tailing her.

"And who is the little one?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:41 pm
Shira spoke no words as she slipped herself inside the den. The young pup was wise to choose to follow her rather than object to the latter option of the choices. She was indeed correct that it was not her that should fear her but her mother, Zua. My daughter had a litter? And no words from her as of late. Seems like something is wrong and we are going to get to the bottom of this... It was not too long until Yaku, upon cue, came to her with his usual barrage of questions. His worry for her makes her feel slightly secure but sometimes it can become overly so that she feels she was losing her grip.

"Inside." she murmured.

Slipping herself inside, she sat against the back wall, looking down the long tunnel that was built there very long ago for Yakuti to escape the Mava'bunda and see the world outside this dismal place they call a home. She had used it numerous of times for hunting and getting back without getting caught by those blasted Pride Landers. No less, she was curious if Ophos was hiding down there again or he had taken residence nearby the Alpha. Foolish male. Sapphire gaze passed over a very tiny hole where her mate's "slave" resided, hopefully, she wasn't being a sneak. Either make oneself known or dun be known at all.

Shira looked toward her large mate with a smirk and then a frown when the pup's image passed along side him.

"Yakuti, we seem to have an issue," she growled quietly trying to keep herself from full-out growling. "This little one," she motions to the pup.

"Is our granddaughter."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:55 pm
Loko o Ka finally caught up to Shira, following her inside without a word and listening as she spoke to the large blue hyena. She stared blankly at them, as if they had to be joking, before realizing that the male, who appeared to be named Yakuti, had the same shade of blue all over him that decorated her paws and face.

"You must be joking." She glanced from Yakuti to Shira and back, for once at a loss for words. "I can't be related to you two. It makes no sense at all." She scowled, her young mind working furiously to put the pieces together. But the more she tried to come up with reasons she couldn't be their granddaughter, the more she found that she could be. Zua was a beautiful mix of the two hyenas before her, and she sighed.

"I take it she hasn't told you about us, then?" She muttered under her breath, "Someone has some explaining to do." She smirked as she thought of her mother being chewed out by these two.

Yakuti blinked at Shira, momentarily relieved as he realized that Shira was in no danger, and a split second later enraged at the news about his daughter.

And, apparently, granddaughter.

"Zua!" He snapped, standing up and pacing quickly out of frustration. "That girl has no idea what she's gotten herself into!" He growled, "Who is the father? I'll hunt him down and rip him apart! What is his name? Where is he now?" He demanded, looking between his mate and his granddaughter, asking them both for the precious information that he would not receive. He had no idea that neither of them had the faintest idea who the male was.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:18 am
"If I was joking, I would be laughing. Do you see me laughing?" She glared down at the female before scoffing. This has become rather troublesome for their small family. Not only does this mean that she was a grandmother, it means that her new litter are uncle and aunts to this young one who appears to be just as old as they are. What troubles her further was that means that Ophos is bound to get lucky with some unwitted female and cause further problems.

"Tsk. I knew I should have kept a better leash on that girl, she's just like you!" she growled, looking at her mate.

"If I had any idea who that b*****d was, he would be long dead and the brood our daughter has mothered would be here under our care," Shira snapped her jaws at her mate and then looked down at Loko o ka. It was obvious that she stood out against her mother's personality and inherited her own. The give-no-crap-about-anyone behavior. She knew how that went and the consequences it would hold. Shira wanted to smack her around a bit, make sure she knew her place. Before it was just the pack and that the little one would grow to learn her place. However, now she's part of the family.

"What do you suppose we do now? Would you go gather up our ... troublesome daughter? Or shall we just sit here and think nothing of it."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 pm
Loko o Ka sighed, but said nothing. She could tell that both of the adults were fired up, and as much as she doubted that they would hurt her, being relatives and everything, she didn't want to take the risk. Best to stay quiet until things calmed down.

"Me? How is she like me? I didn't just run off and mate with someone for no reason, and so quickly after meeting them!" He snorted indignantly. He would have mated with plenty of other females if he were like that, he had met plenty.

"Well we can't just do nothing." Yakuti scowled, "You, where is Zua currently living?" He demanded of Loko o Ka.

"On the outskirts." She said shortly. "A little north of here. The place stinks of her, it won't take long to find her." She smirked. Her mother was certainly less clean than she was, which Loko o Ka found offensive. Surely these other hyenas did too?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:29 pm
Shira remained silent as she looked outside their den. She came here as a powerful female, obtained a powerful mate, and it seems her foolhardy child has done something rather foolish. Nothing is perfect, but this could cause complications. If her blood was to spread wide, perhaps it was alright. Yakuti is a strong and proud male, a redeemable trait. But this rogue who had gotten to their daughter? What was he?

The golden female shook her head.

"No, we leave her alone. Zua is going to face the consequences in due time. With my son running around, who knows what could happen. He might have already had a litter, or even two," she scoffed. She concerned about her family and at the same time she was not worried at all. In fact, she was more focused on keeping her mate under her control.

"Zua is to be left alone, and as for you," she spoke, taking steps to Loko o ka. "You have to know where you stand here, runt. I am your elder, your superior, and much more powerful than you. You speak out of line, I will be sure that line will never be crossed again and your uncouth father? Well, I will have my mate do whatever he wishes with him. Understood?"

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 pm
"What do you mean? We can't just let her do this, it's dangerous for everyone." He growled, but sat back down. "Fine then, you there..." He glanced at the pup, "Tell your mother that we are very displeased by what she has done, and that she did not tell us. And if you are in need of a different place to live, tell me. I will find you somewhere to stay." He did not want this pup, his own granddaughter, to go hungry because Zua was not the best hunter he knew. Feeding yourself is one thing, especially in the graveyard, but feeding a family was another.

"How many of you are there?"

"Do you think I care what you do to my father?" She snapped, irritated suddenly. "He left us without a word, I've never met him. Kill him for all I care." Her heart sank. She didn't mean it. In truth, the thing she wanted most was to meet her father, to know the other half of herself, but she would not admit it. She was angry with him for leaving them alone.

She hated him for it. She deserved better.

The pup scoffed at Yakuti. She was a messenger for these hyenas? And who exactly was going to make her? She thought for a moment, and eventually decided that the look on her mother's face when she found out the trouble she was in would be worth it. "Yeah, I'll tell her." She shrugged. It wasn't like she had that much better to do anyway.

"My sister and I, and of course Zua." She answered, "There are only two of us." She didn't see what difference it made, but there was no harm in answering. It clearly was not her who was in trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 pm
"If she made this choice, she will face the consequences herself. If she cannot supply food, her pups will die and she will see how stupid she was," Shira snapped back at her mate before moving to get beside him. She was in her daughter's position many times before and she had always played out the scenarios and most of the time she would be too selfish to feed others than herself. Luckily, she has Yakuti to hunt for her and himself. Generally, it would just be herself.

The female nodded in agreement with her mate.

"Two of you, well .... even more of a tragedy if you were to die then," she mused as she thought to herself. Two pups plus one mother who was too horny to think and got herself into this mess. Interesting. Suppose it was best she and Yakuti take these pups from their daughter and give them a greater chance at living. At the same time, was it wise to bring these cubs in when she too recently had her own litter. She was a mother as was and feeding two more mouths would only run her reserves more dry.

Turning to her mate, she smirked a little.

"Yakuti, if you are to find this father of hers, I'll leave it to you to do whatever you wish with him. Bring him back if you want or let him go. But I would like to see his face before I make him regret seducing our daughter."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:39 pm
"Fine then." Yakuti was a bit irritated that Shira didn't want him to go give Zua a stern talking to, but he had to admit that she was probably right. Zua would have to learn on her own, though he didn't want the pups to have to pay the price for her mistakes.

Yakuti thought for a moment about what he would do if he ever found the father of this pup. He half wanted to kill him on the spot for it, but he wasn't sure if he could do it. Sure, he COULD, but he wouldn't take as much pleasure in it as one might think. Better to just hurt him badly enough that he won't ever forget about it.

"Well, as fascinating as this conversation is, I really must be going." She tried to keep the sarcasm to a minimum, but it was still there. She hoped that Shira had not heard it, as she didn't seem to be one who liked to be messed with in that way. "Don't worry, I'll tell Zua about this and I'm sure she'll be very distressed."

With that, she hurried out of the den and scampered off toward her own den, eager to see what her mother's reaction would be to her having met her grandparents.

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games