I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
I'm guessing this is love
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
You're the remedy to my heartbreak
Wouldn't have it any other way
Hope this never dies...

I'm going to start off with the some of the smaller stuff and work my way up.

1.) College is stressing me out this semester. I'm a sophomore and I think I piled on too much for me to do this semester. My mom tried to warn me that she thought I was taking on too much, but I didn't listen to her and now I think she was right. I almost had a nervous break down the other day because I'm so stressed out with everything right now. Pray that I make it through until Christmas Break. Once I get that far, this semester will be finally over.

2.) I've been dealing with emotional pain for the past sixish months. My ex broke up with me due to traumatic events in his life. As a result, I became very bitter and wrote him a letter telling him exactly how I feel. Well, he finally responded with a lot of explanations and I'm sorry's (there's a lot more to the whole situation, but I don't feel like explaining for the moment). Well, I thought that I would be able to finally move on and get on with things, but he has an account here on Gaia and I kept going to his journal to read his journal entries and, for whatever reason, they just made me angry. It was almost like a deep seated hatred welling up inside me every time I read them. I've been struggling with forgiveness for a while and this isn't helping. So, last night I stopped by his journal and found a journal entry that said how happy he was to be with his new girlfriend, etc. He claimed that our relationship had been abusive and a number of other things that hurt me down to the very core of my being. I ended up talking with him about it and it sounded like we were on good terms. He still wants to be friends, but I'm confused about how we can still be friends if I apparently abused him and hurt him so much... I dunno, the whole situation just confuses me over all and hurts so much worse now than it did before. I don't really know what to pray for this... I just wish that all of this could go away.

3.) My mom has been struggling with being sick a lot lately. She has a condition that makes her body hurt all the time, and she is also allergic to the medication that is supposed to help with the condition. She's allergic to a lot of things, actually. Just pray that she can find something that will help her and not make her as sick as some of the other things that she's taken.

4.) My grandfather is in hospice right now. He keeps getting blood clots in his legs and there is nothing they can do to stop them because blood thinners make him bleed internally and they can't do surgery on him because there are too many to remove. Just pray that his passing is peaceful and that he finds Christ, if he hasn't all ready.

I feel a little strange
You go straight to my brain
Drivin' me oh so crazy
Between the sound and lights
You got me hypnotized
And if there never comes a sunrise
Well, that'd be just fine
This will never die...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:19 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

I'm adding an emergency prayer request to this:
Tomorrow morning (the morning of October 31), a person that I went to high school is going in for spinal surgery. Pray that God will heal him over time and that the surgery goes smoothely (it's supposed to be an eight hour surgery or so, I believe). Anyway, just keep him and his family in your prayers tomorrow, please. Thanks guys.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Mistifear

SloanSage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:50 pm
I will be praying for you. As a fifth year in college (two very full and hard majors...) I know EXACTLY what you are going through (almost broke in Jr year and in Senior year... bad times...)

For the boyfriend... maybe you should just be more like acquaintances right now. don't read his journal, and just be friendly to both he and his new squeeze. Niceness rubs off and you feel better (believe me, this works so well... I learned it this summer...)

my mom goes through similar things (allergies and back pain), so I am praying doubly hard for that one...

for your grandfather, it is hard to see a loved one hurting and dying. It is good that you want peace for him, just spend as much time with him as possible, and tell him I will be praying for him. (and I will pray for your peace as well when the time comes...)

I will pray into the night, and in the morning for your friend. I will even try to remember to pray in the afternoon as it is going on... I will set that in my book, and as I look at assignments, I will see it and pray.

God Bless you.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:19 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

Thank you for the prayers.

He should be out of surgery right now, but I have no way of getting information until they update the group on facebook. Anyway, as soon as I hear something, I'll post it here.

I'll also update you guys on the other requests that I made.

EDIT:

This is the most recent update on Rob.

**Friday, October 31-
Prepping for the surgery took a little longer than they thought, so the surgery itself did not begin until sometime after what had been arranged, and is lasting longer than antisipated. At this point, Rob is expected be out of surgery around 7 this evening. We will try to keep everyone as updated as possible so keep checking back! Also, please don't forget that Rob and his family are counting on everyone to hope for the best and pray that the surgery goes smoothly and safety so Rob can come home.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Mistifear

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:14 pm
Mistifear
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

Thank you for the prayers.

He should be out of surgery right now, but I have no way of getting information until they update the group on facebook. Anyway, as soon as I hear something, I'll post it here.

I'll also update you guys on the other requests that I made.

EDIT:

This is the most recent update on Rob.

**Friday, October 31-
Prepping for the surgery took a little longer than they thought, so the surgery itself did not begin until sometime after what had been arranged, and is lasting longer than antisipated. At this point, Rob is expected be out of surgery around 7 this evening. We will try to keep everyone as updated as possible so keep checking back! Also, please don't forget that Rob and his family are counting on everyone to hope for the best and pray that the surgery goes smoothly and safety so Rob can come home.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

I am still praying for Rob and his family.

Best of wishes!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:58 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

Thank you... Here's the most recent update:

**Saturday, November 1-
Rob came out of surgery around 1:45 am this morning after an 18 hour procedure. He will be in Intensive Care for up to a week and will not be allowed any visitors other than immediate family until he is out of I.C.U. We are not sure about the condition of the spinal cord itself, but as of now he is considered to have complete paralysis from the mid-chest down. The doctors were able to stabilize his spine with rods to give it integrity. He received 12 screws and other hardware throughout his back and has an incision of substantial size starting near the base of his neck and ending towards the arch of his back. It will be a few weeks before Rob is stable and responsive enough for an M.R.I. to be preformed. Although there is still a chance that the spinal cord is severed, the membrane surrounding it was intact and still has a pulse. There were several fractures in his neck, but is the least of their worries at the time being. Rob has appreciated all of the thoughtful messages and encouragement and will only need more in the weeks to come, they will be the hardest for him. Please use the email listed or this group to contact Rob as he does not have a phone. Please remember to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Mistifear

SloanSage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:20 pm
I have a question, why was he going in for surgery?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:19 am
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

I don't know the exact details, because it doesn't say on the facebook group, but he was in a car accident. A friend of his was with him and his friend had to get ten staples in his head, I believe. I don't know the details of how they were in an accident or anything like that, though. And I don't really want to come up with assumptions, personally, so I'm not going to try to figure out the details of it all. It had to have been pretty bad, though, if he had to go in for spinal surgery on Friday.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Mistifear

Mistifear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:55 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

**Sunday, November 2-
Yesterday, before leaving Fort Worth, a few of us put together two separate red and yellow posters with the pictures that all of you have been posting on this group and the slogan "Rally for Ritter". Since he is unable to move his head or body in any way, the family is putting the posters near the ceiling in order for Rob to see them. The pictures not only comfort Rob by letting him know people are supporting him, but they also let the doctors and staff see what kind of person he really is, a fun loving guy who has made an impact on almost every persons life that he has come into contact with. If anyone can think of an instance or situation in which Rob has affected your life, or even just a funny memory that will bring a smile to his face, please send them to the email address listed. The more emails the better, Rob and his family are sure to be overjoyed by reading and recalling everyone's favorite memories of him.

Also, Rob lost a sufficient amount of blood during the surgery and is now having trouble clotting, he is undoubtedly in need of more clean blood. If anyone is in or heading to Fort Worth, donating blood could make an enormous difference. Rob's mom has all the information and paper's at the hospital that are necessary to give the blood to Rob after the donation process. We can also provide the information on here just in case.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:55 pm
Too bad I'm in Cali. I would donate my O+ blood.

I thought it might be a car accident. I'm glad he and his friend made it out alive.

I will be praying for both of them and Rob's family.  

SloanSage

Mistifear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 am
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I have no idea what God is going to do through this, and I'm rather worried at this point...

I wish I knew more details about what actually happened.

One of my friends on facebook (who is a grad student at the University I go to, but I've never actually met him in person) lost his brother in a car accident a few weeks ago. The pictures of his car look pretty bad...

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:41 pm
Well... I am praying for you and your friend and his family still.  

SloanSage

Mistifear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:24 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

**Wednesday, November 5-
Rob was released from I.C.U. today. He gained enough strength to sit up today with the assistance of his doctors and nurses. Rob is able to see visitors now and is looking forward to seeing some familiar faces. Rob’s situation is truly a miracle and it is important to compliment ever little progress he makes. Sometimes it’s hard to focus on the positive things when so much has gone wrong, but in the end everything will end up how it should be, it’s just the getting there that’s the tough part. He needs us now and most importantly he needs your prayers. Keep the faith and all of your hope.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:51 pm
Great!

I am so glad.

I will continue to keep him in my prayers.  

SloanSage

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff