is this bad....... question  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 pm
rainstar123
Should a christian and confeesions....

1.I listin to my chemical romance......
2.I hang out with emo/goths sorta...
3,I like anime

is this bad....... question
No. No. and No. MCR is a good band to listen to. It's a good way to get rid of stress, etc. Emos aren't Goth so they aren't the same. Both groups have it's cool understanding people. And believe it or not there are anime out there with Christian themes like Chrno Crusade and Trinity Blood for example.  

Neferet -House of Night-

stickyfeet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 pm
Not listening to Christian music doesn't make you any less of a Christian. Hanging out with emo/goths doesn't make you any less of a Christian. Liking Anime doesn't make you any less of a Christian. UNLESS you let it influence your thinking and Christianity.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:18 pm
That's between you and God, dear. I listen to music that isn't Christian, though I do have my limits as to what I care to listen to both Christian and secular. I hang out with people who aren't Christian...Whether we're supposed to fellowship with them or not, I can't say for sure, but I do realize that it's going to be difficult to show people Jesus's love if we avoid them and sit back and judge them. I also like anime...

I may be confused about these things too at times, but in the end, it is between you and God. I believe what doesn't bring you closer to God though might distract you from Him in the very least, so try to focus on Him wherever you are and whatever you're doing...even if it's so much as comparing what you see and hear to what you really believe...

~Zerotheslayer (Guest Waiting on Membership)~  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:24 pm
My bible study teachers are always saying have christian friends.....but also wants us to talk other ppl about Jesus.I what i meant about the emo goth ppl is I hang out with both.....And one of my friends i let her listen to MCR Mama and she is saying i shouldnt be listening to it and the anime i watch is like naruto fruits basket ouran high school host club bleach etc  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 pm
rainstar123
My bible study teachers are always saying have christian friends.....but also wants us to talk other ppl about Jesus.I what i meant about the emo goth ppl is I hang out with both.....And one of my friends i let her listen to MCR Mama and she is saying i shouldnt be listening to it and the anime i watch is like naruto fruits basket ouran high school host club bleach etc
You should do what you want to do. It's her opinion. And do what Jesus would want not your bible study teacher. Jesus would prolly want you to mingle with the non-believers and be their friends not seclude yourself to only Christians.. And Bleach, Naruto, etc teach about good and evil. And are very interesting series.  

Neferet -House of Night-

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:28 am
eh hehe my bible study teacher is a guy....thanx!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 am
rainstar123
eh hehe my bible study teacher is a guy....thanx!
Oh. Sorry. ^.^U I dunno why but I usually assume that bible study teachers are female. Maybe cause the teachers I had at CCD (when I did those classes) were female.  

Neferet -House of Night-

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:03 pm
lol all meh bible study teachers were guys xd IT IS THE EXACT OPPISITE  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:29 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
I'm guessing this is love
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
You're the remedy to my heartbreak
Wouldn't have it any other way
Hope this never dies...

I'm going to mostly tackle the issue of friends, simply because I don't feel like I have much to say on the other aspects of your question.

Overall, it's good to have Christian friends because they form your support group when things get tough. My roommate is a Christian and so was my roommate from last year. My two best friends from high school are both Christians and they were the ones that I constantly went to when I had problems because I knew they would encourage me with God-given advice and remind me of things in the Bible that I overlooked regarding issues that I was having.

As for other friends, it's ok to have friends who are not Christians. Look at Christ, he talked to everyone while he was alive, because he came to die for everyone. If we distanced ourselves from the people who weren't Christians, we wouldn't be fulfilling God's purpose in our lives, which is to spread the Gospel of Christ and the salvation that comes through putting faith in it.

Overall, I think that it's great to have Christian friends as well as non-Christian friends. When you are around your non-Christian friends it's a perfect time for you to witness to them both directly and indirectly. Your actions sometimes speak louder than your words when it comes to sharing the Gospel.

Just make sure that you keep your own beliefs sound and keep Christ at the center of your life, no matter what.

PS- I know this topic is a bit old, sorry for the late reply.

I feel a little strange
You go straight to my brain
Drivin' me oh so crazy
Between the sound and lights
You got me hypnotized
And if there never comes a sunrise
Well, that'd be just fine
This will never die...

Mistifear

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:06 pm
*glugges**cries*I LUV U GUYS!!!!!!! crying crying heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm
Dark Angel Rai
rainstar123
You should do what you want to do. It's her opinion. And do what Jesus would want not your bible study teacher. Jesus would prolly want you to mingle with the non-believers and be their friends not seclude yourself to only Christians.. And Bleach, Naruto, etc teach about good and evil. And are very interesting series.

So... really, your Bible study teacher is right in that he was saying have close friends who are Christians and also have friends who are not. He was correct in that he was almost warning you to be in the world, but not of it.

I have good friends who are not Christian, but my best friends are. I cannot have a non-believer as a best-friend (or a significant other) because there is not enough for us to relate to. And, there is an eternal separation between us with me in Heaven, and them in Hell.

Also...

If you feel that what you are watching or what you are reading does not give Glory to God, then do not read it or watch it.

THAT is something NO ONE else can decide for you.

I too watch Naruto and Bleach, but sometimes I have to stop for a while and ignore it a little. Too much of anything is bad.  

SloanSage

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff