Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Simple (Moyenda & Tariki) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:44 pm
While Moyenda was still a mess, he was a better organized mess. He didn't blubber all over the place and his outside at least held the appearance of happy. He clearly couldn't help but be hurt that the one he thought would always be with him was gone. But at the same time, he was able to move on because it wasn't the first time. Love seemed to do him more harm than good. He hadn't given up on love but his faith in finding the one was diminished.

He had straighted the mess he was out and strolled down to the borders looking for a herd susceptible to his poor talents. Having found nothing there, he found himself sitting on the border just looking around, not thinking much at all. At first it was to look for vultures since the war had ended not too long ago. But then it became the blissful peace of not thinking about anything at all ...It was nice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:51 pm
Well, Tariki had to admit it, she was lost. She had a general sense of where she was, but that didn't quite help when this hill looked like that hill and all the trees kept turning her around.

It wasn't as if she had anywhere in particular to go. She hadn't had much going on recently. No missing cubs to find, no wandering souls. even the aftermath of the earthquake had been a quiet one for her. So she continued to wander. It was her greatest joy.

She was pretty sure she was in Dawnwalker territory, or near it. She didn't know much about the pride, but she remembered them being somewhere near her.

A splotch of white and tan caught her attention suddenly. She focused on it. It was a lion! Well that's convenient, right where she needed someone! Hopefully he'd be friendly. She trotted over.

"Hello there!" she called out cheerfully.

Basil Brett

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:21 pm
His eyes slid over her. He had to admit that his heart skipped a beat and his breath caught. But it wasn't her so he didn't die of shock and surprise and joy. He smiled in greeting to the stranger, a little too orange to be the desert herself though her tuff suited the juxtaposing of desert and oasis. "Hello," he replied. "Glad to see another the desert hasn't defeated. What brings you all the way out here?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:30 pm
Tariki beamed at him. What a gentleman! She was very relieved. She'd had many run-ins with not so friendly strangers. She walked closer, stopping a polite distance away. She didn't want to crowd him.

"The desert is lovely! A fun area to travel," she said. It was true. She'd always thought the sands to be lovely and she generally enjoyed warmer weather.

"Though I'll admit I'm here mostly by accident. I'm afraid I'm lost. Not that I'm really searching for anything. I'm just not quite sure where I am."

Basil Brett

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:50 pm
He smiled patiently. He hadn't been lost in a long time though many had been lost to him forever. When he had been alone, he hadn't been lost simply because he had no place to find. "Um, well you'll find that you are quite near the Dawnwalker lands if you need a place to stay the night or if it helps you in terms of markers." He though to introduce himself but had no idea if a conversation would be pursued. He felt slightly awkward having not had a real conversation in a while.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:11 pm
Tariki grinned, thankful for the help.

"Thank you! I thought I was near the Dawnwalkers, but couldn't quite be sure. Never been this far before. Are you a member of the pride?"

She sat and smiled at him before manners came and smacked her in the face.
"Oh! I'm sorry," she continued with a sheepish grin.
"My name is Tariki'Jamaa, but everyone calls me Riki. It's nice to meet you!"

She toyed with the necklace around her throat, a chain from which several different charms hung. A few seashells, some stones, a feather.

Basil Brett

Asparegus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:35 am
Luckily for Moyenda, he was able to admire the necklaces without being reminded of the extravagant necklace he had labored over making for Safiya when he had asked the lioness to marry him. His eyes slid back to her face. "I am Moyenda," he replied back in greeting with a kind smile on his face. "I am a hunter in the Dawnwalker pride. Probably about as common a member as you could expect to find." His face pulled farther up into a larger smile at his jest which of course did not sound like one to a stranger. "So you've come to visit? Anyone in particular or just to hang around?" He knew almost everyone in the pride so could be a help in that aspect. "Or I can just show you around. We have oasis's here that you might find relaxing after a long trek in the desert." Slipping into this role he would have played even if Safiya was still around was relaxing and calming. He didn't feel pressured to hide anything or to pretend to be happy. He just was happy and comfortable.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 am
Riki beamed again, delighted at having met someone so kind! She hadn't really intended to stop in and see the pride, but now that she had an offer, perhaps a visit would be nice! She was always curious as to pride life, and had often toyed with the idea of joining one. She just worried that she'd be tied down and would get itchy feet and be miserable.

But she'd always been curious about the Dawnwalkers, so this was her chance to visit. And she had to admit, that oasis sounded fantastic right about now.

"Again, it's a pleasure to meet you, Moyenda! And I would love to visit. I'm afraid I'm very unfamiliar with the pride, but I'd love to see the lands."

Basil Brett

Asparegus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:33 am
Moyenda found himself very pleased with having bumped into such a happy person who clearly had no information on the struggles his life had been through. It meant there was no "tainting" to the conversation she offered. For all she knew, his life was perfectly swell which relieved him, if somewhat surprisingly so. And she was easy to talk to.

"No problem at all," he replied. "One thing you might find interesting about our lands is we don't have many vultures. You might be surprised to find that this is because they once chased the lions out and took over. But they were shooed back out so that our temple may serve its holy purpose once again." He steered her towards the oasis. Not because he didn't want to show her the temple, but because they would draw less attention. Not many came there during the middle of the day when most were working. And if he didn't draw any attention, none of the pride members would ask questions.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 am
Tariki smiled and let the pale lion lead her. She settled in at an easy pace next to him.

"Really? I didn't know that. Wow, not having to deal with many vultures. That must be rather pleasant."

She didn't hate the buzzards, as they had a right to life and food as well. But at times, depending on where she was, they'd barely let her eat some of her own kill before dive bombing her. She wouldn't mind sharing, but they never asked.

"You have a temple?" she asked curiously, keeping her tone polite, though. She didn't want to force him to show her, but she was interested in the pride's customs.

Basil Brett

Asparegus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:41 am
"Yes," he replied, a smile on his face from the joy of her curiosity. "According to our histories maintained by Muroki, our king, and other descendents of ancient members, the temple was once created by humans and its gardens and lake offered to our kind so that we might cohabit in peace. It is to the sun, Jua, that we turn our praises to, who we give the respects of creator." Although he had raised his children in the belief and his mate herself had been one of those from a long line of Dawnwalkers, he had always been in part a skeptic since he had been raised without a religion and thus had no real loyalties to one he was simply required to have faith in. "Well the vultures here and the lions are enemies. While one dominants the land, the other will not find peace. Not a happy balance but true enough.

"Where do you come from, may I ask?" He was curious but it was in a large part to keep him from lecturing the whole time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:36 pm
Riki grinned at Moyenda, impressed.
"Wow! You certainly know a lot about your pride's history. I admire that! I've never really had much history to learn."

She shrugged, but answered.
"Well, I don't really come from anywhere. My parents were the nomad types, continually wandering from place to place. They didn't particularly enjoy travel, I don't think. It was just that they couldn't find the place they wanted to settle down in. As for me, I inherited their itchy feet, so I like to keep moving. It's amazing the people you can meet and the things you can see."

She gestured to the necklace around her neck.
"In my travels, I've helped out others when I can. Sometimes they give me a little gift in return. These are all things I've received."

There was a warmth in her voice when she spoke about it. She truly loved to help others, and found it so rewarding. She blinked suddenly, and grinned sheepishly.

"I'm sorry! Didn't mean to carry on there."

Basil Brett

Asparegus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:12 pm
"I used to live like that," he said kindly. Not that he was any help. Usually he got the help or had a conversation. He remembered fondly back to a meeting where a female tried to teach him games. That had been a thrill. Despite that however, he had never met her again. And then the times he had sat with another, learning to admire the night. So many times he had been in love. Or had they only been the imitation of love and that real prospect was still waiting? He wondered to himself about it before realizing he still wasn't alone

Coming back to her, he smiled again. "Don't worry about saying too much. I've never minded the lengths one might go to to say something or relay a story." It was true. He was a sucker for company which made his loss hardest, that he had lost his children from his den and his mate from his life almost simultaneously without a chance to adjust between the two.

They finally arrived at the oasis. He led her to the edges and let out a small laugh as a Nile bird took flight almost in their faces from surprise at their presence. "Isn't it pleasant?" Though the oasis was small, it was like its own mini-oasis. And to him, it represented how he saw the pride, as his own oasis.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:28 pm
Riki grinned, her olive green eyes shining. She liked this male. There was something very calming about his presence. She knew that she could be pretty frenetic at times, so it was nice that she felt relaxed around him.

She glanced up when they reached the oasis, fully taking in her surroundings. She couldn't help the quiet gasp. She'd been to many oases, but this was truly stunning. She watched as the Nile bird took flight, following its path with her gaze.

"This is so beautiful!" she breathed.

She took a deep breath, the clean scent of the water. She chuckled.
"This might honestly be the lovelies oasis I've seen. And I've seen quite a few. What a perfect place to come and relax."

Basil Brett

Asparegus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:46 am
He soaked up her joy in multitudes. She seemed so innocent, untarnished by broken hearts, deceit, and abandonment. He had had his fair share over the course of his life. So Moyenda didn't mean to go downhill with this latest attack on his emotions but he had hit a rock slide from which he was still attempting the dangerous climb back up to happiness. Needless to say, he wanted some of her brilliance. "Isn't it though?" he said with a mix of pride and longing. " 'though my childhood home was completely opposite, damp and soggy, this ended up being the perfect place for me to take up permanent residence." Moyenda wasn't quite sure of the point to that unless he was trying to convince her to do the same. However, if so, that was a poor way to try it.  
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff