Magical Girl
Rachiru-chan

Magical Girl

12,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:04 pm
I just got my braces off! I couldn't get them in highschool since my family didn't have enough money. I needed to pay for them on my own and needed a job first and all that (took two seasonal jobs to save up the downpayment and upgrade i needed). I've been mistaken for a teen (i kinda small so i can only fit juniors clothes sadly) ever since getting them and I'm finally free! All the pain was worth the result but I'd love to know how many other adults got braces after highschool when most people get them 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:41 pm
I had them in high school... my husband has them now.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 pm
Braces are more trouble than they are worth stare  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:28 pm
Malheureux
hmm, perhaps  

Sefar Morisota

Lady Asherat

Eloquent Elocutionist

2,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:13 am
Sefar Morisota
Malheureux
hmm, perhaps

One of rl friends on Gaia has braces right now and she's going to be 23. She had to get them for her jaw to realign everything, but she thinks she looks 12 with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:22 am
i don't have any plans on getting them. they're too expensive here and they seem to be really irritating to have.  

Hyung Horangi

Magical Girl
Rachiru-chan

Magical Girl

12,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:02 am
They are expensive but usually necessary. My mouth is completely different now that I have more room and everything is straight. My younger brother (also out of school) has them. His teeth were behind other ones, twisted, and a total mess. He couldn't eat right because of it. Now that he has braces he's beginning to be able to chew properly.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:34 am
When I was in elementary and junior high school, the dental 'fashion' was to wait until the jaw stopped growing -- around age 16 -- and then put on the braces. I did have full dental and orthodontic insurance coverage at that age, because both my parents were teachers.

When my folks left teaching and took up other professions, we moved across the country. At that time, in that new place, the dental 'fashion' was to get to it early, around age 12 or 13. I was considered "too old" for braces, which was just as well, because I no longer had orthodontic coverage, and we couldn't afford to get them for me.

I'm now... *mumble* years old, and still haven't had the finances to get this done yet. This is my dream-expense -- after a laptop computer and a car. Mind you, I don't totally NEED a car where I live. In fact, it's stupid to have one, because it costs about 8 times what public transportation costs (probably more now, with the cost of gasoline and insurance figured in), and you still have to pay for parking on top of that. But I still would love to have one.  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:49 am
I don't see as many people with braces as I use to.My sister got them but I never did.I only have two teeth that cross just barely but the orthodontist said that to make room he would have to cut out (not pull out but CUT out because of too long of roots) a permanent tooth to make room.Something about that did not sound right so I am happy the way they are.Though I did find out that mine is so minor I could just have those clear ones you can take out.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:16 am
Invisalign are the invisable trays used as braces. They are almost twice as expensive and don't rotate teeth, only straighten the teeth where they are right now. Which is why I had to get normal braces because some of my teeth were rotated wrong xp  

Magical Girl
Rachiru-chan

Magical Girl

12,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Waffles! 25

MsCDolly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:39 am
I'm hoping to get braces or a retainer. I just need to get the other set of my wisdom teeth removed. I have two out already. That way my wisdom teeth don't push my other teeth out of alignment. My problem is very slight, but I still know it's there.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:31 am
blaugh Nope never have any before so my Teeth is well no perfect lol
blaugh but yeah is good to have it early because it will be a pain... sweatdrop  

Ruby_Knight X

Newbie Gaian

Citrine Topaz

2,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:58 am
Magical Girl Rachiru-chan
I just got my braces off! I couldn't get them in highschool since my family didn't have enough money. I needed to pay for them on my own and needed a job first and all that (took two seasonal jobs to save up the downpayment and upgrade i needed). I've been mistaken for a teen (i kinda small so i can only fit juniors clothes sadly) ever since getting them and I'm finally free! All the pain was worth the result but I'd love to know how many other adults got braces after highschool when most people get them 3nodding

I have never had braces, my two twins do and they look better already....he gets them off in a couple of weeks and the girl has to go longer she too had twisted teeth, not room for all and had some pulled. SIx.

You don't have to shop the juniors now that you are older you need to hit the pettie section of the department store to find trendy and well dress things for work.
Good luck and great smiles are in order.......after all the long process of you teeth.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:13 am
I always needed braces, but am way too scaredy to get them! I have a genuine phobia of the dentist - as a result, I look a little like a vampire. It's okay - I learned to live with it!!  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

cluelessmom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:44 pm
I had braces when I was in my 30's. My front teeth were scraping against each other and the bottom ones were wearing down to fast. I still wear my retainers every night. (I want them to stay put) Now my teeth are not wearing down as fast, and the type of retainer I have deals with my grinding at night. I am glad I had them on. I would have had caps by now. biggrin  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff