Submit

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:12 pm
mystiqueeee
I guess you will be glad to know..that english is not my native language..most people here dont even know it..some schools dont even teach english here .....i am from india...and would you tell me what was so gibberish about it..because u surely understood what ever i worte..so did everybody else...if u didnt understand wat i wrote i would have got the point..so what are you on about exactly?

My apologies. I didn't know you were Indian. ^^;

Forgive my rudeness. American teenagers seem to like using chatspeak even when they AREN'T text messaging or chatting. ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:54 am
mystiqueeee
i have been writting english all this time...did it look like gibberish to you or something?...n what do u do about people who dont know english..do u suggest they take up an english crash course so that they can talk here?
:
:
I guess you will be glad to know..that english is not my native language..most people here dont even know it..some schools dont even teach english here .....i am from india...and would you tell me what was so gibberish about it..because u surely understood what ever i worte..so did everybody else...if u didnt understand wat i wrote i would have got the point..so what are you on about exactly?

Okay... since you asked...

Patient Explanation
: My toughest read was the single letter words. Unless they are "a" or "I," I actually have to read it out loud slowly to see what it sounds like before I can take a guess at what you mean. I can read a novel at one line per second, and it makes me grumpy to slow down and work at it just so you can type a few less letters. I'm willing to put some effort into it if you are struggling with a foreign language, of course. But it's rude if you know better.

Geezer Rant: How do you know everyone understood you? If they didn't, they just skipped this thread and moved on, and you'll never know! And how dare you say "everybody does it"! If I don't, am I nobody? I learned to ten-finger type in 1980, and I'm not going to convert to two-finger shorthand just because it's popular with the keyboard challenged.

Thoughtful Musing: I think we all assume "normal" is whatever we see most of the time. Obviously, you are comfortable where chatspeak is common. I read political commentary for pleasure, and those folks are aiming at the very highest class of reader! So I feel insulted if someone assumes I'd be comfortable reading chatspeak. I don't like to assume they meant to insult me, so I just act innocently ignorant, and hope they step into into my comfort zone. If not, then I have to decide whether if it's appropriate for me to meet them halfway, or even step into their comfort zone.

Taxi Mama

Kamika Sugi

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:00 am
My dearest friend, if you don't mind...

Does Gaia even ban people younger than 13? eek

...I'd like to join you by your side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:11 pm
Taxi Mama
mystiqueeee
i have been writting english all this time...did it look like gibberish to you or something?...n what do u do about people who dont know english..do u suggest they take up an english crash course so that they can talk here?
:
:

Okay... since you asked...

Patient Explanation
: My toughest read was the single letter words. Unless they are "a" or "I," I actually have to read it out loud slowly to see what it sounds like before I can take a guess at what you mean. I can read a novel at one line per second, and it makes me grumpy to slow down and work at it just so you can type a few less letters. I'm willing to put some effort into it if you are struggling with a foreign language, of course. But it's rude if you know better.

Geezer Rant: How do you know everyone understood you? If they didn't, they just skipped this thread and moved on, and you'll never know! And how dare you say "everybody does it"! If I don't, am I nobody? I learned to ten-finger type in 1980, and I'm not going to convert to two-finger shorthand just because it's popular with the keyboard challenged.

Thoughtful Musing: I think we all assume "normal" is whatever we see most of the time. Obviously, you are comfortable where chatspeak is common. I read political commentary for pleasure, and those folks are aiming at the very highest class of reader! So I feel insulted if someone assumes I'd be comfortable reading chatspeak. I don't like to assume they meant to insult me, so I just act innocently ignorant, and hope they step into into my comfort zone. If not, then I have to decide whether if it's appropriate for me to meet them halfway, or even step into their comfort zone.

Im not getting it...only the first line i wrote was in chat speak....but after then i have been writing whole words...so what exactly arent u understanding?..what else do u actually expect me to write then?...seriously i am not getting it...and we have sure diverted our attention to my writting then to the actual topic of the thread?..why is everyone dissing me?...why arent they actually talkin bout what this theard was all about?..  

mystiqueeee

mystiqueeee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:13 pm
Kamika Sugi
My dearest friend, if you don't mind...

Does Gaia even ban people younger than 13? eek

...I'd like to join you by your side

No i dont think gaia actually bans 13 year olds...i have talked to quite a few young kids..even younger then 13 actually..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:02 pm
Takarada Kaoru
mystiqueeee

My apologies. I didn't know you were Indian. ^^;

Forgive my rudeness. American teenagers seem to like using chatspeak even when they AREN'T text messaging or chatting. ^^;
I won't go so far as to ask you to forgive me for being rude. But if you live in India, then your misspelling and poor English is not a problem.  

The Goddess Eclaire

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:39 pm
mystiqueeee
ohh yeh true..the internet is seriously full of tat these days....n watz words got to do wid children..they not dumb..they seem to even smarter thn us nowadays... rolleyes

Book smarts will never mean ones ready to take on the world. And kids behavior today can be directly related to a lack of proper dicipline. Preferably with a large stick.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff