I got fired Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:22 pm
I'm almost 40 and I've never been able to hang on to a job for more than a year in my life. I've been worried about that for some time. I'm finally in a spot where I can get some therapy. But I dunno... this job market is bad, anyway.

I mean, what the hell is going on?!? Actually, I think an endless war might be draining our resources a tad. And I think Europe is finding out, to its shock, that their economy is a little more closely linked to the US than they thought.

But the weird thing is it seems like people may actually WANT that. Me, I'd rather be comfortable.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:06 am
Sometimes I wish my boss would fire me. But if he did, that would mean he'd actually have to put forth some sort of effort to train someone to take over my spot. Wouldn't want that now would we? stare  

pretty hate machine

Toxic Nymph

17,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Generous 100

Mojo Lucsupa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:39 am
getting fired sucks a** >o< i got fired in may... i've been unemployed for dsome time then i really enjoyed the tie, but after a few weeks it got REALLY boring, now... i work as security and this job just kicks a**...(so to speak XD)
but its nice to have some time off, but after a while you just get bored as hell ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:26 pm
ive been with kroger for 3 years too. i asked for a raise and they didnt give it to me because ive only worked part time for the three years. im going to college so i cant work anymore hours. im comfortable there though so i dont want to get another job. what does sitting on the 3rd mean?  

Chachere

Kirasami

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:24 pm
Ugh! I hated Kroger! I worked at the one in Arizona and my god were they hateful! I didn't enter a union contract and I couldn't transfer out of a position I hated. It was my last job and I'm trying to find one now, but I can't. Could someone please help? I'm in MO now.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:30 pm
Chachere
ive been with kroger for 3 years too. i asked for a raise and they didnt give it to me because ive only worked part time for the three years. im going to college so i cant work anymore hours. im comfortable there though so i dont want to get another job. what does sitting on the 3rd mean?

Thank you. I thought I was the only one that had no idea what "Sitting on third," meant.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:44 am
Glad to hear you are not letting it get you down!! Good luck with the job search.

My company is in the process of laying people off... should find out in a week's time what is in store. Like you, I don't really care - although I have bills to pay, it may be just the shove I need to do something more interesting!  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff