Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:24 pm
"Clean - ?" He started, confused. He shook his head, remembering his promise. He was a buck of his word, after all, even if this old fart insulted his well-educated lifestyle. "All right," he finished, and followed behind the arrogant geezer silently.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:19 am
((sorry. ;_; sick and away and urgh, I should be better about this.))

"I suggest we start by picking up big stones." A sharp thrust of his head off toward the mess of the swamp, stones that were [presumably] invisible in the muck. And that was, of course, precisely the problem. "The other day I was running along just fine and I struck a stone the size of my head. Damned near broke my ankle. Let's find them and move them off to the side..."  

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:01 pm
The young buck's face went slack in disbelief. Pulling stones out of the mire? That had to be the most ridiculous-
"Alright," he sighed, and trotted along behind Nettle. He had no idea why he was consenting to this - perhaps because it would be easy to continue his musings while at this task. He stumbled over his first rock, and started rolling it towards a nearby tree.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:12 pm
At least Nettle did some work, even if most of it seemed to be watching Wildflower Breeze and making sure that he did everything exactly as he was supposed to, with a discerning eye. Hey, commenting that this stone wasn't enough out of the way and that one was too well hidden, still, was hard work.  

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:53 pm
By the onset of night, Wildflower Breeze was weak and shaking, his neck, back and legs filled with a dull ache. The young buck looked to his elder, and said, "I think we've cleared a large enough portion amount of your territory for one day..."

[[WOW SHORT]]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:12 am
Nettle had long since stepped off to the side by then -- considering the swamp as if it were his own personal territory and anyone else who stepped upon it was trespassing. Or as if he owned them.

Well, apparently he did. After all, Wildflower Breeze had done whatever he'd said. A bully rewarded was a bully who continued...he turned a narrow sort of look on the younger buck. "Hm. I suppose so."

((xDDD Feel free to run off and end it if WB has HAD ENOUGH.))  

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:20 am
By now, the young buck was most definitely leery of the old man. "I'll take my leave, then," he said, very carefully. He turned to leave, with no intention of ever seeing that slave driver of an old man again.

He supposed that he ought to thank the old fogey for teaching him a valuable lesson about honor - that, if the other person isn't willing to play by the rules, you're better off not playing with them - but decided it would be better not to say anything to him. Ever again.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:40 pm
((WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT. o:< ))

Nettle, for his part, just seemed satisfied -- or as satisfied as he got. He watched Wildflower Breeze go, scowling after him, and then went off to find something else to complain about.  

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:05 am
[[Wait, is it over?]]