Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] In the shade [Sutekh/Isikali]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:56 pm
Sutekh walked slowly with exhaustion. He had been pushing himself to get back as soon as possible. He knew that Moyenda would be worried and wished to alleviate that as soon as he could. Spotting a rock outcropping, he headed towards it and crawled under its shade though he easily could have walked. It appeased his exhaustion to do so. He knew Moyenda would be sensible and not do anything rash. He had a beautiful mate to balance any crazy thought in his head and the knowedge that at least three of his children were alive and around him. The lion couldn't be too distraught that one had left, one distant enough to forget to say goodbye. Siki had always seemed impulsive although he claimed the trees talked to him. Of course, Sutekh didn't believe in such rubbish although he did admire what Siki sought to do where he was, even if somewhat glorified. He huffed and looked to the horizon. He shouldn't rest long or he'd loose too much light for him to fix his direction and then be forced to rest all night or risk getting too far off track.

Isikali was skirting along the edge of the desert, intending to soon head more towards the grass lands and from there....who knew? Isikali couldn't say. All she knew was she had to make it hard for any possible followers to track her and for anyone to catch up.
Still, she had to stop running )and loping and even 'walking briskly') along sometime. The brilliant blue female was relieved to see a rocky outcrop coming up fast. She headed for its shade and only paused when she spotted the fellow already enjoying it.
"Hello..."

Sutekh turned his head to eye the other, not bothering to waste too much energy. While he was slimmer and less powerful than a lion or any other big cat, he still didn't consider them a threat. His belief was that if one feared them, then one made oneself supsectible. Others may claim that respect and fear is needed for that to be so but he was deaf to that theory.
"Hello," he returned. She was a cheetah, the more elegant of the cat species but also the more agile. "You don't seem to be the type to wander these parts." He didn't mean to make conversation in his state but it sort of happened and he wasn't going to waste the energy to retrack it. Besides, maybe conversation would energize him enough to continue along.

"No, I'm not. I like it hot but this is a bit much for my tastes..." She offered back, meaning to be polite but not really caring if this turned into a conversation or not. She was tired and it was hot - but it was wonderfully cool as she stepped delicately into the shadows. It seemed like the wolf wasn't a threat, so she had invited herself in. There was enough room at any rate.
"You do though - you're the colour of the sands and dried grass at any rate."

He smiled mildly. "I suppose I do. According to my mother, my ancestors lived in tropical forests but the desert has been kind to me." He had come out of the desert to find an abandoned pride alive again, his mortal enemy, the vultures driven out. Sutekh could not describe how thankful he had been as they had made his life and that of his family's difficult.
He scooted over as though to make more room for her in the shade. He wasn't selfish enough to pretend he didn't want her there. "So what then brings you so close to the desert if I may ask?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:47 pm
"Oh, just been traveling for a while sugar, and my path happened to go through this here desert." She explained, settling against the rock as a backrest and laying down against it. The initial wave of coolness stepping into the shadows wore off fast. Mmm, the rock in the shade was still quite cold though. Thank goodness. She may just cool down yet!

Scorching sun on the savannah she could deal with but no way was she a desert cat.

"have you ever travelled?"  

Tuait-Tekem Guardian

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces