Submit

flash_75

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:42 pm
sexybrat135
Yeah, that is a good question.....how old is old?
It all depends how u feel blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:42 pm
Nei1
Takarada Kaoru
Bellistra
Your only as old as you feel

Best post in the entire thread.
'nuff said.

I always say "Age is only a number & you are only as old as you feel some days I feel 2 & outher days I feel a 132"  

Queen Spirit

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:05 am
Old is to old is when I'm dead and gone....then that's old......*sighs*

I have to walk 2 to 4 miles each day just to keep the body in check. *sweats*
I have to eat right, sleep good, read a book and do a hobby.* smile*
It's about living at any age. So get over the age thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:47 am
xXstiff_kittensXx
I think OLD old is about 70. But just plain ol' old, is anything after birth wink
Old is 70.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:26 pm
How old is old? Well, what does old mean? It's often used as if it's a bad thing: Too Old for something good, or Old Enough for something bad. But every milestone comes with it's consequences, good and bad. So here's some examples of those...

30 is Too Old to live off your parents, and Old Enough to run for office.
60 is Too Old to bear children, and Old Enough not to worry about it.
90 is Too Old to climb a mountain, and Old Enough to get away with saying ANYTHING.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:34 am
You are only as old as you feel. So your age could possibly change from day to day.  

Pookynators Mom

Hitched Lunatic

stellacadente

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:33 pm
Peeing your pants, eating with only a spoon -- if you're not a baby, then that's old.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:51 pm
Inside, I feel around 30 or 35 all the time. It's only when I try to do something physical that I realize I'm 63. But I can still ride a horse, even a misbehaving one (it's being made into a lawn dart that hurts more nowadays).

I am currently undergoing chemotherapy, and amazingly, I feel better than I have in years. I think it is partly because I have faced up to the breast lump (which I put off for two and a half years, can you believe that?) and the chemo is working very well, so I have plenty of hope.

I live on a farm and have plenty of time (retired) to walk around and enjoy the sights, the lovely willow trees, cherry and plum trees, the horses playing in the fields, the cats hunting mice and rabbits, the dog guarding the farm, the geese flying overhead... lots of things to see. Lots of clean air to breathe.

I've known several people who rode to the hounds (hours at a gallop and over fences) well into their 70's. If you've done it all your life, you can keep it up as long as your health permits (and as along as you don't have too many broken bones). And whatever physical activity it is, it will keep your mind healthy too.

I also write a lot of poetry and some short fiction for contests here on Gaia and another site as well. That keeps my mind sharp.

So, I know I am considered "old", but I don't give a flying ********. I'm of an age where I can say and do as I please, as long as I don't injure anyone else. hahahaha Have to keep that shotgun hangin on the wall.  

MustangDragon

Lita Kuragari

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:00 pm
old is a mental thing. your not old till you are mentally 100+ years old.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 pm
"Old" is relative... someone is "old" if they look older than you feel.

As to whether one's self is old, that's something that may change one way and then back again depending on energy level.

Hi purplewiz, fancy running into you here. lol.  

poetsespresso

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 pm
I always thought the seventies was getting up there. Not because I've gotten older but because I knew a number of men and women in their fities and sixties who were still going fairly strong.
My dad is in his seventies and my mom is in her sixties. Both of them are still able to do things, within reason of course.
Maybe age isn't so much a number as it is ones own view of aging. Sure we get weaker and gain various medical issues with age but, on a whole we can still come and go and laugh and love.
It's when we get bedridden (my grandmother) that old age really starts setting in.
Thats always sad.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces