Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
My friend has a... lump on her v****a?!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sawaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:15 am
I have a friend (15 years of age, not sexually active) that doesn't go on Gaia, and just today she told me that two weeks ago she found a swollen, reddish lump on her inner labia.
She told me that she can even move it around a little.
She tells me that it doesn't hurt, but it constantly itches in a 'stingy' way. Like a mosquito bite.
What she did (I think it was stupid) was sterilize a pin and stick it in to make a hole in it. She said she didn't feel it at all even thought a tiny bit of blood came and when she tried squeezing it to see if there was any pus in it nothing came out.

I told her to immediately see a gyn, and she said her next regular appointment was in 2 months. Any ideas on what it may be and should she go earlier?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:44 pm
There's a good chance that it's just a pimple. Pus doesn't always come out if you stick a pimple with a pin; sometimes you don't get the pin in the right spot, so all you'll get is blood. So it's probably nothing to panic over, and if she stops poking at it, it should even be gone before her next appointment. But there's nothing wrong with moving the appointment up to be on the safe side either.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:32 pm
If it's a 2 month wait before she can see a doctor, what about a walk-in clinic? As Lorien said it's probably just a pimple or something that's not an emergency, but if she's really worried, your friend can try to find an earlier appointment.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:59 pm
I forgot to mention, it's like, 4 centimeters big.
o_o  

Sawaki

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:16 am
Sawaki
I forgot to mention, it's like, 4 centimeters big.
o_o

Yeah, sounds like if she can get in somewhere earlier, asap, that might be best. Even if it ends up being nothing serious, it's better to be safe than sorry.  
Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games