Reply Instruments and Vocals
Cellists unite! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

waterstream

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:34 pm
So there's already the Bassists and Cellists thread, but I thought I'd make one for just cellists.

Suggestions of things to talk about:
- What you're playing!
- Favourite cello pieces?
- Tips, questions, etc.

Helpful links:
Cello Repertoire - Selected Syllabus This is a list compiled by a cello professor of pieces and their difficulties. It's really helpful because it's separated into different categories. Great reference!

Cello Chat The most active cello chat forum that I know of.

Internet Cello SocietyA great resource for everything cello.

(This is a work in progress)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:39 pm
Cello here! My favorite piece is Ode To Joy by Beethoven. My 2nd is Can-Can. xD Even though I can only play it if the notes are like a half note each... Too mane ♫'s, especially the huge jump part.  

GusterGerm

waterstream

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:48 pm
biggrin Somebody else posted! How long have you been playing for? and Ode to Joy is really pretty.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:27 pm
hmmm, I love the cello. I am not very good at it....yet....but I will be. ninja  

who killed asmodean

tweelicia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:16 pm
I play cello and love it....what am I playing you ask
the first bach suite...I like it alot!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:11 pm
The first bach suite is really pretty. Are you working on the prelude or a different movement? I also love the sarabande from that suite.
I'm currently working on a Popper etude (number 5) and the first movement of the Elgar cello concerto.  

waterstream

smelly old condoms

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:00 pm
I love the cello...
I haven't played in a LONG time...
But my favorite song to play was The Blue Danube Waltz.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:19 am
Favourite cello pieces: Vivaldi Double for Two Cellos! Seriously, look it up, it's gorgeous. Britten's solo cello work. Anything by Piazzolla (rawr!) and of course, our dear Bach. That man knew how to write.

Favourite piano trio piece... I'd have to say Felix Mendelsohn's Piano Trio No 1... the first two movements especially.

Schubert wrote some very nice cello parts in his string quartets  

Lime Kiss

Versatile Lover

4,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Brandisher 100

henning272naruto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
i loove the cello it my life i a freeam in high 1st chair baby hell hey i'm good
i love the band apocalyptica it a cello band there 4 cellos there alsome
i like playing fade to black from them User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:59 pm
henning272naruto
i loove the cello it my life i a freeam in high 1st chair baby hell hey i'm good
i love the band apocalyptica it a cello band there 4 cellos there alsome
i like playing fade to black from them User Image

heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Kitsune Rin Yamamoto

Hopeful Bookworm

Hijacker45003

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:18 pm
Bach is one of my favorite composers, but nobody has mentioned Haydn! I heart The Surprise Symphony (in G major). And Tchaikovsky the man! But.... What about Beethoven? Does anyone like his piece Fur Elise or the Moonlight Sonata?
As for Vivaldi his music is light and airy. It makes me yearn for the days I played Violin. Although, I love playing the cello blaugh biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:49 pm
I mainly play the violin, but last year I rented a cello for the summer and pretty much fell in love.

But then school rolled around, and I got into a lot of different orchestras and programs and stuff for my violin, so I just haven't had the time to rent one again ): AND ON TOP OF EVERYTHING;;;;; I'm going away for the entire sumemr this year, so I can't rent another over the summer again crying

Hollow Melodies

Captain Baconpatrol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:39 pm
I haven't been playing cello for long. About four and 1/2 weeks, but I'm currently working on the Sarabande, one of the suites in Bach's cello suites. So far, its proving to be a much easier instrument to deal with than the others I play. I was watching video's on youtube and then clicked on the prelude played by Rostropovich, and that inspired me to play.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:43 pm
I've been a playing the cello for 4 years so far. My favorite peice is the cello solo Allegro by Antonio Vivaldi.
I'm also new to the guild >,...,>  

Roanporu

6,750 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100

flamingrice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:47 pm
I don't play the cello, but I like the sound it makes. sweatdrop  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items