Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
I'm pretty sure I have HPV, how do I tell my boyfriend!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

howtheundeadweep

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:02 am
I got tested a while back in january for STD's. I got a letter back saying I had abnormal cells and it could be HPV but when I talked to them they told it it will probably go away within a year and most people get it and not to worry about it.
I have recently, within the last few weeks gotten genital warts, only two.
I'm not sure how to bring this up with my boyfriend.
I literally just made the connection between the warts and the abnormal cells.I thought they were just ingrown hairs before.
What do I do?
please help!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:07 am
These things happen. Sometimes we were not as careful as we should have been or we were careful but an accident still happened. He needs to know, so personally, I would just come right out and tell him. He might be bummed about it if he ends up getting warts too, but he should understand that you didn't give them to him on purpose. And if you were sleeping with him in January or before, he could even be the one who gave them to you.

There's also a chance that he doesn't have them though. Sleeping with someone who has any STD is risky of course, but it isn't a 100% guarantee that you'll get it. So you can also talk to your doctor about what you could do to keep him HPV-free or what you can both do to keep future partners HPV-free should you end up having future partners.

And now that you have abnormal cells and probably HPV, make sure you're getting your paps.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

howtheundeadweep

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:25 pm
LorienLlewellyn
These things happen. Sometimes we were not as careful as we should have been or we were careful but an accident still happened. He needs to know, so personally, I would just come right out and tell him. He might be bummed about it if he ends up getting warts too, but he should understand that you didn't give them to him on purpose. And if you were sleeping with him in January or before, he could even be the one who gave them to you.

There's also a chance that he doesn't have them though. Sleeping with someone who has any STD is risky of course, but it isn't a 100% guarantee that you'll get it. So you can also talk to your doctor about what you could do to keep him HPV-free or what you can both do to keep future partners HPV-free should you end up having future partners.

And now that you have abnormal cells and probably HPV, make sure you're getting your paps.
Thanks you!  
Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff