Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Pawprints in the sand~ [Tifua/Tesni/Macheo]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:53 pm
Takasika's voice rose and fell, the air was close and hot, and Tifua doodled absently with a claw on the stone-covered-in-sand floor of the den-room. She was a Dawn Walker, through and through, but she got bored of these lessons on days like this. On a fresh cool morning sure, or at night down by the water, but not on days like this. Days like this were NOT for learning. Not to Tifua anyway.

She stole a glance at her small handful of classmates, at her two dearest friends especially. Macheo of course was listening with her big ears up, if head on her forepaws. Tesni however was also letting her gaze wander and gave Tifua a warm smile when their eyes met over Macheo's head.

Tesni could afford to slack off a little. She had suckled from her mother as her father told them these very stories to send the little princesses to sleep. They were something she learned so long ago and while she had been happy to have lessons with the other interested youngsters - sometimes unless Takasika went into detail...it was pointless. Tesni already knew and so she grew bored.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:07 pm
Tifua looked back down at her doodling, some waves and a few vertical lines. She quickly zig-zagged a circle around the tops of the vertical lines before wiping the sand smooth again before her teacher could see it. There was an idea. The Oasis was way too far but maybe they could ask to spend a night by the river. The Chione was hunting territory and a good trek away, but it was lush and cool and away.

As juveniles they'd had little parties sleeping out on the far shore of the lake, but now they were older, the river would be a better night out. A bit of a change of scene, time away from the adults...

Tesni signed with relief as the lesson ended and Takasika stopped talking, turning his head to gaze at the wall-picture behind him lovingly. It was one deep enough into the Temple that is was near perfect and in the dim light the colours showed true. It illustrated the tale he'd been telling. Normally Tesni would have stayed behind as others left to have a closer look but today she just nudged Tifua - who was daydreaming, clearly - and quickly followed Macheo out.

"I LOVE the tale of the goddess of the stars, but...."

"Too hot today by far, my dear." The wolf who was her bonded finished for her, smiling a knowing smile.

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:20 pm
"I know where we can go to cool off." Tifua grinned and raised her eyebrows suggestively. "The river."

Instantly she knew her plan was sunk even as she suggested it by the way the maned wolf's ears drooped. And if Macheo couldn't go, that might mean Tesni couldn't either. Nooo! Nooo! Tifua wanted to party, get the gentle princess to let her mini-mane down and get the sensible wolf howling away...they could invite some others along like their littermates or have their own little girly trio night...

"I can't. My mother wanted me to help her tonight with something Uncle - I mean, the King wanted" It just showed Macheo's character that because they weren't yet alone - still heading for the open air, she'd correct herself to use a more respectful title for Muroki. She'd known him since she was born, he was Tesni's own father and her mother's lion-bonded. He was her Uncle Muro. But around others...The King. Official.

"She can't get out of it either, nor can we go along, its something proper." Tesni interjected, blinking as they finially reached the open air outside the Temple. It didn't take long for the desert lioness' eyes to adjust to the bright light and as they sought the cooler air by the lake and the shade of its trees, she felt much more comfortable.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:30 pm
"You two can go without me though..." Macheo suggested and gave both lionesses a very different Look to each. You had to know Macheo to understand her Looks but both the cats knew the wolf well enough to get them instantly.

To Tesni it was a Look that said that yes, she was going to go have fun without her bonded because no, they weren't joined at the hip and no, she shouldn't feel guilty about that. To Tifua one that said it was fine they go without her because they were all best friends, but also that if she let anything happen to Tesni while Macheo was away that would end, fast.

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:02 pm
Tesni, still walking abreast with her friends, dropped her head and nudged her bonded fondly. She knew sometimes she kept the wolf female too close to her, because however dear they were to each other it was good to have time spent apart as well. So as not to get dependant. Macheo was a bit more sensible than the affectionate princess when it came to their bond though and Tesni supposed she was right. There was no reason she and Tifua couldn't go have fun without her - it wasn't as if they were ditching her.

"I'm game if you are Tif. Though maybe we could just stick to something....girly rather than wild? I'm happy to be out of lessons for a couple of days but not in the mood."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:20 pm
"Hmm...in that case, we'll stop by the den-rooms and grab some things." Tifua nodded. "But maybe move the location to the old spot across the lake. That way you can join us after whatever it is, Mach."

"Sounds like a good plan!"

"Lets just have fun being kids while we can. You know our lessons and apprenticeships and stuff won't last forever. I'm gonna be the best damn Guardian ever, Mach and you are set as Priests if you want it or if your dad picks you as Heirs....well, we'll all have lots to do."

"True. So a night of fun is in order. And I was thinking of asking my dad if we could go travelling for a while. Take a season out between our lessons ending and us taking our adult places within the pride."

"I want to go see the Unity Walkers!"

"I want to see my red aunt my dad's talked about. She's some wise old lioness that lives by the sea, kind and ancient....imagine what she could know..."

"Aw, damn...you're gonna be talking about this while I'm out working. No fair!"

"Don't worry, beloved, we'll save some planning for you!"

"And some fiiiish. I know how much you love it when I catch us some snacks."

"Ewww, Tif! That's so disgusting, I'd rather go suck on a dung beetle."

"Hey!"

"Oh yes, I can see how mature we are getti - eeep!"

"HA!"

" - merrrrff!! "

"Gotcha!"

Growing up doesn't always mean giving up fun. Tesni growled and pounced and planned her trip, and in her heart she knew that. She'd be a fine Priestess and if Jua and her father willed, an...okay Queen one day. And Mach was wonderful and Tifua the bravest girl she knew. They'd always be best friends and have fun when they were older. Didn't mean she wasn't going to put it off for a while though!

//The end.//  

Successful Edit

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces