Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP]A Day for Cubs(Ubele, Ufunuo, Dumu, Peke, Kuruka)[FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:47 am
Ubele glared at her brother and Peke. She didn't understand why the other cub wanted to keep antagonizing her brother, but it was starting to make her really angry. However, she was more frustrated that they were taking attention away from her plan, and she stomped her front paws in irritation, trying to reign in her temper. Yelling at them wouldn't do any good. She knew that from experience.

"Both of you, please knock it off. Peke, leave Ufu alone."

Rolling her eyes, Ubele went to stand between the two to help control any more confrontation. She needed to get the conversation back on track. At least Peke and Kuruka had agreed to come with her. Now she needed to convince the others.

"Good! I'm glad you guys will come along. Ufu, Dumu, you're coming too. Right? I'm sure that the adults would appreciate it if we stayed together. So we will," she said with a determined expression on her maw. She did not want to give any of the cubs a chance to disagree with her, so she took the lead and began to walk out of the clearing. Hopefully they would find a good place to explore or play.

"C'mon guys!" she called back and waited for them to fall in and follow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:13 pm
A smirk decorated the cub's maw as he got the exact reaction he had been hoping for. Ufunuo had snapped at him. "Oh that was you thinking? I hadn't noticed because to me it looked like you were just being scared" He replied watching with amusement in his eyes as the other tried to calm himself down. Then Ubele interjected herself into the conversation. The cub snorted and shook his head. "Are you playing the part of the grown-up now?" He questioned rather bitter as he turned his gaze towards the royal cub, his eyes narrowed.

"You can't tell me what to do." He stated much like a child would when throwing a temper tantrum. He wanted to have his fun while he could and no one was going to stop him! Ubele quickly changed subjects, much to Peke's displeasure, going back to the topic of having a cub's day out. How fun. He watched her go another sentence forming in his mind to taunt the other cub.

"Yes, let's follow Ubele. At least she has some brains and is willing to act not just sit and think." He glanced at Ufunuo out of the corner of his eye directing the comment to him.

Nuxaz

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:49 pm
Ufunuo's tail flicked with a snap, steps frozen as he glared from the corner of his eye, refusing to give Peke the satisfaction of seeing his expression. He might have lunged, tackling the other cub into the sandy earth, perhaps another in his place would have done so. But though Peke infuriating him so, Ufunuo simply was not one to be goaded into violence, no matter how the other taunted him.

"Oh you're really brave when you're screaming in your sleep!"

Not that he had ever heard Peke do so, but maybe he could bluff enough to at least make Peke -think- it had for a moment. Maybe the sting would make him shut up and leave him alone, at least for a little while.

But Ufunuo was neither mean or good at taunts, feeling guilty the moment the words left his maw, quickly looking away, wishing that he hadn't said anything at all. Why did Peke have to be such a jerk, and why did it always make him so angry?

"Stay out of it, Ubele."

Voice barely above a whisper, he muttered at his sister, shooting her a brief glance before rising to his paws and trotting after her into the afternoon sun, slowing only when he had reached her side. For a brief moment he didn't care where they went, he just wanted away from Peke.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:26 pm
-The bickering, the loud and harsh words innocent and young as they were were too much for Kuruka. Her young ears tucked back unhappily, eyes following the taunts and conversation as it moved back and forth between Peke, Ufunuo, and Ubele. She certainly wasn't bold enough to try and stop them, but it was obvious from her expression that she wasn't enjoying it. They were all hurting enough as was without needing to be mean to each other on top of it.

This was the one thing that she thought she'd never understand about Peke. Why in the world they always bumped heads she couldn't see, but it was like putting two hungry vultures in with a slab of meat. Neither boy seemed to have any intention of relenting.

When finally Ubele took the lead and began to walk, she thankfully followed a few steps afterwards, hoping that alone would be enough for her brothers to follow in tow.-

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:26 pm
Peke turned his head towards Ufunuo his eyes narrowed as he turned towards the royal cub everyone else around him vanishing. At this moment it was only the two of them and their verbal spat. "How would you feel when the world slips out from beneath your paws and you watch the rocks destroy everything you thought would be good for once!" He growled advancing towards the other. Anger filled him at the thought that the other had heard what he had tried so hard to hide from his siblings. The fact that nightmares plagued his dreams ever since their mother had gone missing. Here he was confirming a fact that he didn't even know if the other actually knew that sometimes he'd scream in his sleep.

He stood facing the other with narrowed eyes his breathing rather harsh as he stood there every muscle twitching. There was no doubt in his mind that if the other made the slightest indication that he would attack, so it'd be come not only verbal but physical, he would attack first. It wasn't until Ubele was mentioned that he had a sense of reality come back to him. He had forgotten that his siblings, his very impressionable sister, were within the area.

"Listen to your brother Ubele, this is nothing a girl should jump into." He replied rather darkly flicking his tail behind him. He knew he should stop and let this whole ordeal drop but he couldn't bring himself to, Ufunuo had to be the one to stop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:51 pm
His steps frozen midair, Ufunuo reeled to face Peke, narrowed eyes burning with anger, that sneer splitting his maw once again. It took all his self control not to break into a snarl, a growl, to not fling a paw full of sand at the cub who stood before him.

"Hello! Did you forget that we were -all- here for the quake? My father is missing, and I'm not allowed to see my mother! Don't you DARE say that I don't know how that feels or that I miss my parents any less than you miss yours!"

He was enraged, his body visibly shaking, tail lashing. Peke had crossed a line that he didn't think even he would cross (though if he hadn't been so angry he would have realized it had been his words that had provoked it, he'd growl at himself for that later). Did Peke really think that they weren't -all- scared, that all of them felt the world had crashed down around them?

It was terrifying, not knowing what would happen next, not knowing if you'd ever see your parents again, not knowing if they were even still alive, or if they would be when the sun set that night. There was no comforting touch, no reassuring word from those they had always relied on, and worst of all, no assurance that it would not happen all over again the next day.

With a loud snort, his gaze still fixed on Peke, Ufunuo suddenly sat on his haunches, a stubbornness in his posture as if he did not intend to move another step.

"We can't go on, Peke has to go back home for his brain, he left it behind again."  

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:04 pm
A verbal throaty growl rolled out of the cubs maw, something he shouldn't have been able to do, his anger was that strong. How dare this...this idiotic good for nothing scaredy-cat speak to him like that. "Don't you dare play that card on me. Never did I say that I was the only one suffering you inconsiderate airhead!" He hissed stepping closer the fur on his back bristling. "At least you've always had your father around until now! I don't even have one memory of him!" He stated his teeth clenched spoke. "At least you know where one of your parents are! I don't know where either of mine are!"

He was losing his temper much to fast, he was letting his emotions control him much more so then he would have liked but he couldn't help it. Everything he had been feeling for the past few days had just been building and building. Finally it had built up so much it was overflowing. Even things that had bothered him before the earthquake had spilled over. He could not believe the accusations that Ufunuo was laying upon him. Although he was the one who had pushed the other over the edge first, with some provoking to provoke him, he was going to far.

"Hah at least I'm not afraid to take action. You don't always have to think before you leap." He replied with a dry laugh. "I rather have no brain than be a stick in the mud." Ufunuo could poke him as much as he wanted about how 'stupid' Peke was but the cub wasn't going to let it get to him. If he didn't have brains he wouldn't have made it this far. He wouldn't have been able to push the others buttons as well as he did. "If I have no brain how can I push your buttons so easily or are you just a pushover?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:09 pm
That was it. Ubele had seen and heard enough. She did not have a large temper and it was completely worn out. Not only was Kuruka trying to do the right thing by following her, she was obviously bothered by the Ufu and Peke's spat. Ubele might not think that the other female was on the same level as herself, but she was certainly smarter than both of the boys at this moment and she was going to voice her thoughts as well. And then Peke threw in the comment about being a girl.

Growling deep in her throat, her hackles rose and she stomped over to where the two stood and placed herself between them. She was the leader here and they were going to listen to her or so help them . . .

She started with Peke. She glared fiercely, looking at him straight in the eyes. When she spoke, it was obvious how angry and hurt that she was. She was going to make him listen.

"Peke, that's enough! Stop picking on my brother! I don't know why you keep bothering him, but I've had enough of it. You and your siblings are not officially part of this pride and Ufunuo and I are. You will either shut your maw and get along, or we will leave you here." Whirling around she faced her brother with the same fierce glare.

"If Peke lost his brains somewhere, then it must be keeping company with your manners. Hopefully they haven't withered and died yet, seeing as how they both must be so small. Now, we are members of this pride and we will make mama and father proud. Just because they aren't here doesn't mean that we should shame them. Now, we are going to go explore and we are going to have fun, or so help me, we will leave you both behind."

With that said, she lifted her chin and stalked proudly to where Kuruka sat and stood next to her. She raised an eyebrow at Peke and Ufu and waited to see what they would do.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 pm
-Such a whirlwind of excitement for such little cubs, and Kuruka's head was reeling. Pain, fear, anger, sadness, emotions of all sort tugged at her as the words flew like claws, and closer they got to actually getting physical the more Kuruka began to curl in defense. 'Stop it Peke, Stop!' She wanted to cry the words out but her voice wouldn't allow her, in fact her legs had already begun to quiver lightly.

Maybe Dumu could do something? She looked hopefully towards her brother, but it was Ubele that took the initiative.

Kuruka just as confused as ever simply watched on in horrified silence. She silently applauded the effort of the other female one moment and in the next found her fear of the girl returning. The words she spoke about the pride.. and about leaving them.. idle as they might be greatly worried her. Part of her wanted to go try and calm Peke down, maybe try to comfort him. And yet somehow she was afraid of him right now, and when Ubele returned she offered the slightest hints of a thankful smile.

Maybe... hopefully.. that'd be enough to stop things.-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:35 pm
The growl escape his maw, despite how hard he tried to hold it back, the hint of a small fang showing in the angry sneer on his maw. Why did Peke make him so incredibly angry? What was it about the other cub that caused the surge of anger to rise inside him? Why couldn't he stay calm no matter how hard he tried? It was frustrating, infuriating, it mixed with all the fear and dread he had kept to himself, fueling the rage that threatened to explode in him.

"Do you even hear the words that are coming out of your mouth?! Or do you just spew out random words and hope they make sense?! Can't we just accept that it sucks for everyone, or are you so insecure that you -have- to compare?"

If there was anything that would cool his temper at that moment, it was certainly not his sister stepping in the middle of it. He could handle himself just fine without her thank you, and she most definitely was -not- helping.

"Be quiet, Ubele, this doesn't concern you! You're the last person that should be lecturing either of us!"

His mouth fell open as the words left his maw. In his anger he had yelled at his own sister, directed his anger to another who did not deserve it. Gaze shifting to Kuruka, to his sister, and then to Dumu, his anger suddenly turned to guilt, a horrible feeling at his outburst. He had done it again, he had let Peke get to him yet again.j

Turning away, he took a step away from the group, refusing to look at any of them, his eyes turned in the direction they had come.

"I don't want to go anymore, not if he's going."  

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:47 pm
Ubele saw Kuruka's smile and returned it, finding similar feelings with the other female. Neither of them wanted to see their brothers fighting. However, Ufu's comment turned her expression to one of sullen hurt. Her brother had never yelled at her before. He was always the one tho tried to understand her and now he was yelling at her.

She watched as his angry expression turned to one of guilt and her own expression took on a similar nature. She felt guilty for having snapped at him too. After all, she couldn't expect him not to do something if she did it to him. Turning to Kuruka, she apologized softly before she raced after Ufunuo, glaring fiercely at Peke in the process. She did not like the other male cub right now, because he had started the fight. Now she had to do something to see if she could mend it.

"Ufu, please stop. I-I'm sorry for snapping at you. I just don't like seeing you fight with Peke. I know that you're frustrated and scared. We all are. I'm scared too. I thought that going off for a little bit to explore and play might help us feel better. I didn't think it would make it worse."

She sat dejectedly and wrapped her tail tightly around her feet, her form drooping. It was not a position that she normally was seen in. Ubele was a very proud female, even for a cub, but she knew when something had gone wrong, and she now felt bad that things had gone so sour.

"Please Ufu, don't leave. We really should stick together. That's what Mother and Father would want us to do. Don't you think so? We should stick together and try to be friends with them. I know it is hard, but I want them to be proud of us."

She wasn't sure what else she could say, but she hoped that her brother would change his mind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm
Peke rolled his eyes at the comment spoken by the other. "Guilt trip, typical of the little baby that brought up his own woes first. How hypocritical of you." He shot back with a snort as he shook his head. He would not be the only one to take the blame for this fight. He might have started it but the other only kept fueling the flames. Had he not responded to his first comment they wouldn't be in a shouting match that was leading up to a full on fight. As he was about to respond with a comment he thought would be witty Ubele interjected. Then Ufunuo snapped at her before Peke himself had a chance to say anything. He didn't have anything to say to her that hadn't been said in that one sentence. Of course Ubele would apologize and take her brothers side.

Bitterly he shook his head and spat off to the side. "Typical. When the going gets tough the scared start running." He stated trying to get in just one more taunt before he'd force himself to stop. He knew, he had known, all along that what he was doing wasn't helping any of them but he just couldn't help himself. It wasn't until his gaze settled upon his sister that he managed to regain some control over his anger. "I refuse to go anywhere with him. Not right now." He told Ubele in a relatively calm tone compared to his earlier one.

Gritting his teeth together he tried to calm himself, to inhale deeply and relax. It was difficult considering how explosive he had always been and how much worse he had gotten after the earthquake. He cast his gaze to the ground unable to look at any of them, especially not his own siblings. How could he have been so stupid? He took a potentially good opportunity and ruined it. "I'm leaving." He stated turning his back to the royal siblings and his own. He need to go off and calm down. There was no doubt in his mind that the simpliest comment, even one that wasn't meant to push his buttons, would set him off and he didn't want that.

For once he was thinking of others instead of himself. Who knew how long that would last. "I can't put up with an arrogant thinks he knows it all jerk any longer." He spat the words slipping out as a reflex rather than an attempt to start a fight. His thinking of others had lasted only five seconds. He was back to really only caring about himself.

Nuxaz

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:43 pm
-A tiny high pitched voice sounded above the silence as each boy drew their line in the sand. A quivering, obviously effort filled little sound that cut into the tense stalemate as the timid little cub stepped forward for once in her life.- "I'm going to go play hide and seek now."

-She did not wait for an answer, for fear of turning back on her naive little plan. No, if she was going to do it she had to do it before her fear ate away her boldness like usual. Kuruka lifted, pivoted, and left, traveling in the direction that Ubele had originally began to led them.

As fast as she could, she ran, trying to make as much distance as possible between them. She hoped it would make them follow. That maybe by making them move and actually play they might all come together and forget the horrible and scary occurance that'd just blown between them. It did not occur to her that it might make things worse, or that none of them might follow her at all.

If none did she'd end up having to face the consequences come nightfall, all alone in a world that'd become foreign once more. She believed her brothers would come, and that Ubele might follow too. But who knew really? This was her first time every being really bold, doing something totally scary without letting the outcome stop her. And who knew what that would bring?

As the distance lengthened and her breath began to catch, her eyes looked for something pretty to distract her. Anything really... a pond... a butterfly.. a flower. Something beautiful must have make it through the earth shaking, it just had to.-

((If this like totally F's up plans you guys have had just lemme know, I can change it. XD It's just a feable attempt to try and get them all out and moving, and maybe eventually playing ))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:59 pm
Ufunuo shook his head, his own shoulders falling with a sigh, still unwilling to look up at his sister. No, he didn't want to go, he wasn't in the mood to play, and he didn't want to fight anymore, didn't want to feel angry. But more than that, he didn't want to yell at anyone else ever again, didn't want to drag anyone into a stupid fight.

"No, I've had enough fighting for today, I don't like losing my temper."

Ears twitched, of course Peke couldn't just stop, couldn't leave it alone, he had to strike again, even as he walked away, he couldn't let it go. What a jerk, because Ufunuo had chosen to stop the fight first -he- was the coward? What planet did Peke think he lived on? Did he care about anything at all? As if he could really use the quake as an excuse, he had always excelled in taunting Ufunuo to fury.

"You don't know anything do you, grow up."

The words were muttered under his breath, barely loud enough that Ubele could have heard, let alone the ears they had been directed at.

Another sigh, Ufunuo rose to his paws, gently brushing his muzzle against his sister in apology before striding several steps away from the group.

"I'm sorry I ruined your fun, we'll explore another time okay?"

His voice rose as he spoke, hopefully loud enough that Kuruka and Dumu could here, he needed to apologize to them as well.  

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:56 am
Peke barely caught the other's words, barely. In fact it was just the last two that he actually heard. He dug his paws into the ground trying to fight the urge to say something back. No. He needed to calm down. No more fighting...no more...fighting... He chanted to himself in his head breathing in time with the words. He was content to just continue off in the way he had come but his sister's soft but somewhat bold words caught his attention.

Turning his head in the direction he had last seen her his scowl softened. Opening his maw to speak he quickly shut it when she ran off. Furrowing his brows together he stood there almost dumbfounded before opening his maw again. "Kuruka!" He called after her before heaving a sight and shaking his head. Turning around he started to trot after her slowly before breaking into a run. "Kuruka come back!" Although he wasn't showing it outwardly inwardly he was panicking, what if something happened to her? It would be completely and totally his fault. He had started the fight after all.

About halfway down the line he paused just long enough to look back. "Dumu! Help me!"

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff