Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Prayer Requests
I Need Help, Please Read And Do What You Can!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jessey20201

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:47 pm
I have a friend who thinks that God won't forgive him for the things he has done. He told me to show him the scripture that says that God will always love and forgive you for whatever it is that you did. I know there is a such scripture but, I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows what scripture it is please tell me and/or if you all could pray for God to give me strength to witness to him I would be honored. I won't say his name but if you would pray that he gets closer to God his initials are C. N.
Thank you for reading
this and for helping in
any and all ways possible,
A Diciple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:11 pm
There are many passages that say if he keeps his faith and repents, he will be forgiven.

if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
—2 Chronicles 7:14

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
—1 John 1:9

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
—from Psalm 51

b-asinine

Jessey20201

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 pm
Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated.

In Christ,
A Diciple  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:19 pm

I've got a couple things in my past that I can't seem to imagine how on earth God much less anyone could ever forgive me for.
But when it came to God forgiving me, a HUGE comfort to me was God sent his only son to the world to die for all sins, past, present and future. Jesus knew exactly what sins C. N. now regrets the most and died for them before C. N. was ever born.
Just thinking about how God had already forgiven me before the sin had ever been committed was such a wonderful thought for me.

I'm not sure as to Biblical references but I know that the thought I typed above was so much a comfort to me.

Just Listen.

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

Jessey20201

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:28 am
Your both a great help Thank You for helping me.

May God Bless You Both,
In Christ,
A Diciple

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:54 am
Just tell him that anyone can get into heaven. We might even see hitler and atila the hun up there o.O  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

SloanSage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:18 pm
Orkronos
Just tell him that anyone can get into heaven. We might even see hitler and atila the hun up there o.O

In the Buddhist sense. Even Universalists think that... but they say that the person has to ask for forgiveness and receive God's forgiveness. If not, divine punishment awaits them.

Also:

Romans 5:8

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

We were still unclean, and he was still the sacrifice for us. We are blameless. We are spotless. And all the while, we are unworthy. Yet, this is not a gift that will be taken back, NO MATTER WHAT!

Only HE can forgive AND forget.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 am
Thanks to all of you that have helped me.  

Jessey20201

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff