Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Sinner's Sentiments - Polls and Wild Nonsense

Back to Guilds

A small but growing guild. We're close knit, friendly, literate, and we have polls on every topic. 

Tags: General Discussion, Literate, Awesome, Friendly, Polls 

Reply a** - PAWN
Do you believe in demons and the like?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:49 pm
I'm watching 'A Haunting', and in every few episodes there is usually some sort of demon or negitive energy inside a house or barn.
Damnzey likes to believe that there are ghosts, though she can't recall ever seeing one,
She likes to believe in aliens, and she believes she has seen a UFO before,
But, she's skeptical on the Ghosts and Demons, more so then the UFOs.

When I was really young I went to the Winchester House on a tour with my parents. By really young, I mean, two-years-old. The Winchester House is believed to be one of the most haunted houses in America. Since I was really young, I doubt I would remember anything, but my parents said that they didn't see anything really.

So I mean, I'd like to go there again, I'd like to go anywhere to experience a haunting. But, the whole Demon thing, I am very skeptical about. I don't see why a demon would really want to hang out in a house. |: Sure, it may have been summoned there by crazy, Satanic kids, but still.

Lol, I think I'd totally use another ouija board, as long as it's not in the middle of my bedroom this time. blaugh That was ******** hilarious. BUT ANYWAY. uh. I don't know, I'm skeptical whenever I hear it, but I don't doubt it. Sometimes Ghosts come across as something really skeptical, as well, but I believe in it.

Though, by being skeptical, I think it's mostly because I have my doubts in religion a lot as well. Sometimes I think that what are the chances of there being a Heaven and a Hell, and then other times I'm think that there are a Heaven and Hell.

So ANYWAY. What is everyone elses opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:54 pm
Just think, if you look around, you'll find a lot of similarities between Christianity and older religions. Like the Messiah December 25th thing.

Really, though, I'm not so superstitious as... scared of about anything that moves and some things that don't. rofl Aaaand, my father once had a Ouija board, so he will never let me mess with one. And more so, if it scares him, I ain't goin' near it.

Learn the Enochian language and then complain at the demon in Enochian. That should be funny. rofl "Mr. Demon, sir, I'm going to complain at you in a language that some guy said was the language of Angels. Please don't get mad."  

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Lehki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 pm
Ghost and demons, I don't know, maybe. Aliens, I'm 100% positive exist, and 100% positive nobody has ever seen an alien space ship.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:28 am
It all exists.
Beings of a higher( and quite lower) plane are real.
They're real to everyone, but in different forms.
What one could consider a demon could be another's angel and such.
Aliens are basically able to be thrown into this generalized pool as they are considered "higher beings".

On a side note, I recently was introduced to the book of Judas. Interesting read and the following biographical story behind his book. Not trying to push anything on anyone, but you might like to check it out sometime.

COVrock

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:42 am
COVrock
It all exists.
Beings of a higher( and quite lower) plane are real.
They're real to everyone, but in different forms.
What one could consider a demon could be another's angel and such.
Aliens are basically able to be thrown into this generalized pool as they are considered "higher beings".

On a side note, I recently was introduced to the book of Judas. Interesting read and the following biographical story behind his book. Not trying to push anything on anyone, but you might like to check it out sometime.

I was always a Revelations fan, even though they left one of the books of Revelations out of the bible because it said that we'll all go to Heaven eventually, as someone would ask God to forgive the sinners and let them go to Heaven, and he, in his infinite nice, would do so. Or something like that.

I still need to read Enoch before I get around to reading Judas. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:57 am
I picked up a bible and my hands started twitching involentarily.
I set it down and only picked it back up to prove that they did infact start twitching.
:b

You guys should send me this stuff so I can read it and be a little less ignorant.

What makes lehki 100% positive?

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

plastered snenny

Mega Widow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:30 am
Yeah, I've had ghosts and the rest.
I think.
My mental health isn't my most trusted trait.
So either I've definitely had rather vivid encounters.
Or I'm crazy.
Also...
Chased a UFO once. And not like 'Oh that might be a plane let's see'.
More like 'Holy ******** s**t, a flying ball of fire'.
Still. UFO =/= alien transport.
If I didn't know what a helicopter was, that would be a UFO too.
I've been looking to buy the bible over the past few days for various reasons.
I've done limited reading on Judas in the past year or so.
As well as general daemonography, particularly within Semitic religions, a la Wikipedia.
Same goes for the shinier side of the same spectrum.
Saints and angels and whatever else.
Yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:38 am
Damnation27
I set it down and only picked it back up to prove that they did infact start twitching.

You guys should send me this stuff so I can read it and be a little less ignorant.

Don't feel bad, the books of Enoch and Judas aren't in the bible.

What you need... is King Solomon's ability to command demons. 3nodding And, since demons can quote scripture, have them read it!  

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:42 am
Adrian Cosette
Yeah, I've had ghosts and the rest.
I think.
My mental health isn't my most trusted trait.
So either I've definitely had rather vivid encounters.
Or I'm crazy.
Also...
Chased a UFO once. And not like 'Oh that might be a plane let's see'.
More like 'Holy ******** s**t, a flying ball of fire'.
Still. UFO =/= alien transport.
If I didn't know what a helicopter was, that would be a UFO too.
I've been looking to buy the bible over the past few days for various reasons.
I've done limited reading on Judas in the past year or so.
As well as general daemonography, particularly within Semitic religions, a la Wikipedia.
Same goes for the shinier side of the same spectrum.
Saints and angels and whatever else.
Yeah.

I like reading up on Angels, both those still on High and those Fallen. 3nodding

Just remember kids
Lucifer =/= Satan  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 am
What gets me is how people tend to refer to Leviathan and Behemoth as terrible badguy demon things.
When they're not.
They're just really huge food.
Plus everybody forgets Ziz.
And, right.
Get this.
Listened to a song the other day called 'Flight of the Behemoth'.
Excuse me?
NO.
NO.

plastered snenny

Mega Widow

Lehki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 am
Damnation27

Because the universe is ******** huge. Try to really picture that biggest thing you possible can and it's probably not even close to the size of our own galaxy. There's gotta be at least a handful of other planets out there with life.

And sure nobody has seen a spaceship because the solarsystem that could have life in it, is a few lightyears away. Anything that is going to make that trip to here is either going to be a huge under taking that would take hundreds of thousands of years to make with some serious purpose, and really, why make all that effort to leave circles in fields, or just kinda float around the planet where nobody can see. Or they're just so far beyond on us technologically that they can make that trip in some decent time that again, what would be the point?

Unless like, it was a couple of dicks who were just messing around with us because they thought it was funny. But then that would probably be like, us driving around some isolated jungle tribes in a jeep just to freak them out, and there's probably other aliens who are like "Yo, quit that s**t man" and report them for it so they get fined or something. D:  
a** - PAWN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games