Reply Debate and Discussion
The Devil Made Me Do It? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ricette

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:59 pm
I know that excuse isn't used much anymore, if at all, but I am wondering, is the Devil responsible for sin? I know the huge obvious and well known answer is YES but, are you absolutely sure of it? Did God not make everything in the universe, including the fallen Lucifer? And if he did and has this master plan and knows all and sees all, wouldn't that mean he created Lucifer to be the way we know him to be? To me that signals that sin was intended from the very get go and that God intended it as a sort of way to build character and help people discover themselves, and dare I say, to make the world perfect and to have a little "fun"?
So to say the Devil makes sin, is inaccurate I think. God makes sin, because he made Lucifer the way he is.

Any thoughts?

Now if you feel I am misguided, tell me how. If I have any sort of inaccuracy, point it out.

If this does not in fact belong here, feel free to move this thread  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:58 am
Ricette
I know that excuse isn't used much anymore, if at all, but I am wondering, is the Devil responsible for sin? I know the huge obvious and well known answer is YES but, are you absolutely sure of it? Did God not make everything in the universe, including the fallen Lucifer? And if he did and has this master plan and knows all and sees all, wouldn't that mean he created Lucifer to be the way we know him to be? To me that signals that sin was intended from the very get go and that God intended it as a sort of way to build character and help people discover themselves, and dare I say, to make the world perfect and to have a little "fun"?
So to say the Devil makes sin, is inaccurate I think. God makes sin, because he made Lucifer the way he is.

Any thoughts?

Now if you feel I am misguided, tell me how. If I have any sort of inaccuracy, point it out.

God didn't make sin, he allowed us to make sin because we want it to exist. It's not that we're predestined to do anything, we're not. Think of this way. God makes us but we have certain traits and behaviors that will make us choose one thing over the other. So God doesn't make us choose, but he knows what we're going to choose because of the way we are.  

CCubed

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:37 pm
CCubed
Ricette

Any thoughts?

God didn't make sin, he allowed us to make sin because we want it to exist. It's not that we're predestined to do anything, we're not. Think of this way. God makes us but we have certain traits and behaviors that will make us choose one thing over the other. So God doesn't make us choose, but he knows what we're going to choose because of the way we are.

I don't know
if God created everything I would think that would include...everything...even sin..or rather the ability to sin

didn't I say this already? oh well  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:50 am
lordstar
CCubed
Ricette

Any thoughts?

I don't know
if God created everything I would think that would include...everything...even sin..or rather the ability to sin

God also gave us the power of creation. Sin is one of those things we created.  

CCubed

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:46 pm
CCubed
lordstar
CCubed
Ricette

Any thoughts?

I don't know

you have a point, however, I would say that we do not create but rather perpetuate creation  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:41 am
lordstar
CCubed
lordstar
CCubed
Ricette

Any thoughts?

I don't know

you have a point, however, I would say that we do not create but rather perpetuate creation

We do both. In child birth, a woman not only perpetuates creation, but uses the power of creation to actually create a human.  

CCubed

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:20 pm
CCubed
lordstar
CCubed
lordstar
CCubed
Ricette

Any thoughts?

I don't know

We do both. In child birth, a woman not only perpetuates creation, but uses the power of creation to actually create a human.

lolz
it seems we have use the word creation both under different context but I understand your point  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:26 pm
CCubed
Ricette

Any thoughts?

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself! Like, yeah! Because God gives us free will, because he is a loving God, and if we didn't have free will and he forced us to worship him, that wouldn't be loving. SO anyways, yeah, we ourselves put ourselves into this state so yeah~

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:37 pm
CCubed
lordstar
CCubed
Ricette

Any thoughts?

I don't know

Oh really? Because thats not what God said.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." KJV Isaiah 45:7  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:48 pm
IcarusDream
CCubed
lordstar
CCubed
Ricette

Any thoughts?

I don't know

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." KJV Isaiah 45:7
Ummm. That was exactly what he said. Here let me bold it for you. In short he created light: the angels and darkness: Satan. He created peace :us living together and evil: sin. Of course the Bible is open for interpretation. No interpretation is right but no interpretation is wrong either.  

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

X - S o o t t - X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:06 am
IcarusDream

Maybe sin was made by God, I don't know. [Or Adam and Eve]. But eather way it is here for a reason. Perhaps it is something like your computer. You want good clean data on it, not a virus. (People without being the ones that are good data, and people with sin being the virus.) We all have a virus (Sin), but with the help of a computer tech. (a preacher) and some good old fashion brain power (Water) we can clean that data right up. Some people want that virus. God wants it gone. So Luci test for virus. And if he finds one he brings the evidence with him on Judgement day. Then if there is a virus God deletes it from the hard drive of heaven.

So Lucifer is like a lawyer or something. To make sure the wrong people don't make it to heaven....Or something..........  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:44 pm
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Ummm. That was exactly what he said. Here let me bold it for you. In short he created light: the angels and darkness: Satan. He created peace :us living together and evil: sin. Of course the Bible is open for interpretation. No interpretation is right but no interpretation is wrong either.

God causes woe, and allows sin to occur for his purposes, indeed, but my point is that were it not for the will of God, sin would not exist.  

IcarusDream

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:49 pm
bobby_the_slave
Maybe sin was made by God, I don't know. [Or Adam and Eve]. But eather way it is here for a reason. Perhaps it is something like your computer. You want good clean data on it, not a virus. (People without being the ones that are good data, and people with sin being the virus.) We all have a virus (Sin), but with the help of a computer tech. (a preacher) and some good old fashion brain power (Water) we can clean that data right up. Some people want that virus. God wants it gone. So Luci test for virus. And if he finds one he brings the evidence with him on Judgement day. Then if there is a virus God deletes it from the hard drive of heaven.

So Lucifer is like a lawyer or something. To make sure the wrong people don't make it to heaven....Or something..........

I find it hard to believe sin would exist if God wanted it gone. He uses sin (i.e. lawlessness) for his purpose, it is only through him that it remains in existence.

Lucifer usually refers to Venus by the way. Saint Jerome applied the word to the devil in accordance with certain versions of passages and the tradition prevailed. It is not, however, agreed to as the proper name of the devil. It represents, rather, the state from which he has fallen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:22 pm
God did not create sin, God created Lucifer, and Lucifer created Sin. Now you ask why did God make Lucifer? He is all knowing so He must have known what Lucifer would have done, yet He created him anyway, and instead of destroying him God let him live. That’s because God loves all of his creations, He wouldn’t have created something unless He loved it. Lucifer made sin, and he did it to hit God where it would hurt the most, with his most beloved creation us. If Lucifer couldn’t have God’s power then he would take His people instead.  

Suroha

King Werewolf

8,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:11 pm
Lucifer tempts us to sin, we choose too. he doesn't force you to do bad things.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff