Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Grounding for dummies.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lullaby For You

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:23 am
Alright, I figured out that it helpes you relax or somthing but how do you exactly do it? ( Is really really new to this <.< )  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:30 pm
Grounding is used for many things, but primarily it is a way of excess energies that have been raised during rituals or spellwork (or energy work in general). Before rituals/spellwork you ground and center - in order to focus yourself and at this point grounding helps you shake off the stress and tensions and distractions that would interfere with your work - it also allows flush out any negative energies that may be hanging around so that you will be better able to attune to the energies that you need for whatever else you may be doing. At the end of rituals/spellwork you want to ground yourself - allowing the excess energies that you have raised to go back into the earth.

A basic grounding exercise is imagining tree roots growing from your feet, down into the earth, down through soil, the rocks, down into the earth's core - connecting to the molten energy center and then visualizing that glowing energy moving back up your roots, up through the rocks, the soil and the ground...up in through your feet, up your legs, your body, your arms, your neck, and up out through the top of your head - showering your body with light and allowing the energy "light" drops to go back into the earth.

It can also be as simple as standing outside barefoot, and firmly connecting to the earth and visualizing the earth absorbing your excess energy.

Grounding is great to do anytime you are feeling stressed or over "charged" with energies.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

fluffbunny89

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:19 pm
this sounds alot like what i already do when im overstressed well sort of....i feel stronger conections with fire and water than earth and air. i dont know if you would still call it grounding but i like to fill the tub with lukewarm water. gett in and float with my legs out and my arms down to my sides. just deep enough to go over my ears and close my eyes. i then let the negativity flow into the water. i dunno if its the same as what yall are talking about but it dose wonders for the soul  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:44 am
The way I ground is very similar to the method described by too2sweet - I kneel, and press my forehead and palms to the ground. I then visualise my excess energies flowing through my palms and forehead down, through the foundations of the house (if indoors), then into the earth, flowing down into the roots of the plant life beneath. :3  

JVCA

Vintage Lego

5,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:31 pm
You can look here if you are still having trouble with grounding. It is a complete guild on how to ground.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:42 pm
Thanks for posting this. I was just about to ask. < 3  

Stark Raveling Mad

4,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers