Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hotaru-Neko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 am
I think the reasoning behind the 1k rule in the first place is to emphasis Length (word count) is more important than the overall amount of posts. C:

and I don't think it's 1k for each character, but 1k words that make up the entire RP? (meaning regardless of post count both your RP's should be fine.) I know me and a few others write in a more short story style for some SRP's, and that would be a bit tricky to calculate exact word counts for both. xD

This is just what I've gathered from the new rules, responses from this thread, etc, so If I'm wrong someone poke me. c:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:08 am
I'll figure out a way to make it more clear, rofl. Self-RPs can be in pretty much any style you want them to be: story, posts, a mix, etc. They only go by the 1000 word limit since we know lots of people like to do those differently.

It's just RPs with other people that have to be ten posts.  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:51 am
I was just wondering if old art was request-able (not the retired lines). But lets say the old rouge males? I adore the way the hair falls as opposed to the redone 'old' rouge males. Same with the Ela and the other redone lines. As I'm favorable to some of them verses others.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:34 am
Soarin`
I was just wondering if old art was request-able (not the retired lines). But lets say the old rouge males? I adore the way the hair falls as opposed to the redone 'old' rouge males. Same with the Ela and the other redone lines. As I'm favorable to some of them verses others.

Yup, they are indeed - you need to make note of it when you request a breeding, or a custom though. So long the lineart is not retired, and you specify it, it'll be used <3  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 am
I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it (that was a lot of posts to go through!) I'm a total noob to this guild and I'm still working on getting my first SoA.

I was just wondering, I especially love the lineart of the Tuait'tekem. But all the custom offers I see are for rogues only, and all the breedings I can find right now are not of this pride line. How would I go about getting an SoA with this lineart?

Thank you! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:48 am
Satsurashi
I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it (that was a lot of posts to go through!) I'm a total noob to this guild and I'm still working on getting my first SoA.

I was just wondering, I especially love the lineart of the Tuait'tekem. But all the custom offers I see are for rogues only, and all the breedings I can find right now are not of this pride line. How would I go about getting an SoA with this lineart?

Thank you! smile

You've got a few options here. You can either get a rogue, have them join, and later down the road breed them and get cubs on those lines. (Remember, though, there are some IC requirements for such a thing. Make sure to read over the pride's rules, and especially their rules on breeding.) Or you can wait around for someone to open up a breeding to custom into who's breeding into those lines. Ooor there's always a chance that, for a cub from a breeding, there'll be a contest of some sort, (RP contest, so on) so you can keep your eyes peeled.

What you can't do (ever) is to custom an adult up on those lines. Lines are obtained through breeding and custom-into-breeding only. :3

So I'm pretty sure that those are the only ways. :3 Hope that helps!  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 am
Thank you, it does. smile I'll try and get some SoA's and hopefully join some prides with them. Looking forward to RPing with you somewhere! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:12 am
Ooooookaaaay. XD; I know I'm beating a dead horse here but I've checked everywhere to see if there was anyone who who had already asked something similar that could clarify this for me, but I wasn't able to find anything. So here it is. Another question about breeding rp lengths!

I love the new clarified rule for post/rp lengths. It has really helped me organize how many of my rps can be finished up and how many need to go a little it longer before they can end.

I understand that SRPs have to be at least 1k length. That's no problem there. And I'm pretty clear about two people rps which have to be at least 1k in length (and HAVE to be 10posts long? Not so sure about this part).

My real question comes into play with rps that have to do with multiple people. Like BIRTHING RPS!

Here is my example: I have a birthing rp that I was a part of. It includes four different people. It's 17 posts long and I know it's well over 1k.

The problem I have is I'm not sure if this would be an acceptable rp for me to use for breeding because I only have two posts in the rp BUT those two posts together equate to around 840 words.

Would I need to combine this with another rp for it to be viable for breeding or is it alright by itself because it's over 10 posts and over 1k words as a whole rp? lol.

I mean obviously if I only had one post in this type of rp and it was like.. 200 words I wouldn't be asking if it was acceptable to use, but since my two posts are so close to 1k by themselves and the rest of the rp meets requirements I just need to know what I should do with rps like that. XD;

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:09 am
Snip. Ehehe~ I totally missed it. XD Found the answer. >o>;

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:33 am
@Neon Fly: I remember there was a clarification on this a while ago, but I can't remember what it was. XD; And now that you mention it, I'm not sure I know where it's posted, if it's posted. What I do recall, is that if you take part in a birthing RP, and only post once, it doesn't count as an RP for that SoA. That's a good question, though, I'll be watching for the answer. XD  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:13 am
In the thread, after the 10 post requirement, it says "5 posts per person". That's what you need for it to count towards your SoA.

The requirement that all RPs be 10 posts long is the basic RP between two people. If it's three people and the RP needs to count for all three of them, it should be 15 posts. Four people needs 20 posts. We want that many posts of reactions so we can see it's a roleplay with interaction between two (or more) characters. That's the difference between a SRP (which can be any style) and a regular RP, which has this basic standard.

I understand the frustration of birthing RPs not counting because I have quite a few that I can't count, but that's usually just the downfall of a birthing RP - too many people, they aren't always finished, etc. Birth RPs are messy and rarely count for anyone but the parents since they're the most active in them usually.

TL;DR: If you have posted in any RP 5 times with one character and it's complete, you can count it towards that character's breeding.

I also don't know if the combining RPs rule counts for regular RPs or just SRPs, as the thread currently only states it for SRPs. That one is up to Dusty or Meep.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 am
Kay! So for SRPS, the emphasis is more concentrated on length and for Multiple Party rps it's more concentrated on the number of posts. That's actually really helpful, thank you for clearing this up for me!

And it's fine that it doesn't count (in the future I'll just make birthing rps SRP or rp just with the father, so that nobody gets jipped), mostly I just wanted to make sure so I can mark in my rp lists which ones are viable for breeding and which ones aren't. No hard feelings at all, just glad to know for certain what's what. :3

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:05 pm
Hey, another question from me! I'm wondering this time if I'm doing something wrong in going about acquiring my first SoA? All of the requests on various boards (August customs and Breeding customs) have not panned out or I haven't heard anything back about them, so my assumption is that they won't be happening? I am eager to begin RP and am generally unsure if this should/can be done before you have an actual SoA representing your character?

What is the best way to obtain your first SoA, if not this? Am I going about it the wrong way or do I just need more patience?

Thank you for reading! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:20 pm
In all truth...you need patience. August isn't over yet, so customs aren't out of the running. And with breeding customs....people are notoriously picky, with good reason. After all, it is their family they're opening slots for.

8] Best advice I can give you is: hang around, make friends, enter contests, and try for customs if you want 'em. And if you really wanna RP, you CAN RP a creature that isn't on shop lines...like an elephant or a zebra or a baboon. I know of one person who had a hedgehog character running around before she got her first SoA.

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

AnimeChickie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:26 pm

What Das said. I also believe the one of the best ways to get an SoA is to stick around the thread. The colorists do a lot of games and contests in thread that pretty much everybody can participate in. There are also a lot of newbie events. I know it's not a custom but you can still develop their personalities and histories as you please.

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games