Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:36 pm
Okay, this one's just a clarification one - On the two litter customs thing for Mix-n-Match months, does it have to both be in Mix-n-Match litters, or can it be in two regular breeding litters? I have a couple breedings I want to custom into this month, but I dunno if I can custom into both, or if I should wait for next month for the other.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Meep said it's just for the mix-n-match months, BUT you can use one custom-in for a mix-n-match breeding and one for the CC breeding thread, if you wanted.

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am
Oh really..? Even if both litters aren't yours? I did not know thaaaaat o:

Cause I've customed into a Mix n Match litter, but it's nice to know I could possibly custom into another one~ But only if it's not Mix n Match?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:44 am
Both litters need to be your own, otherwise you only get one slot.

It's either both mix and match, or one mix and match and one cc/regular.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:26 am

What Saf said. XD

Meepfur
8.) Regarding litter customs: For mix-and-match months only, you may have two breeding customs, but only if you used both of them for your own breedings. If you want to custom into someone else's litter, you get one. Period.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:18 pm
So then not both CC breeding litter? Which is what I was wanting to clarify on xd  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 pm
Andranis
So then not both CC breeding litter? Which is what I was wanting to clarify on xd
Correct.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Ooh I see. Got it :3  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 pm
Puhterodactyl
I have some questions! :0
Is it possible to get a God multiple mortal forms? I've seen a god as a familiar, could you additionally get it as a normal lion or anything else?
Are mortal forms restricted to lions?

I think there aren't any rules on this at the moment, because its been a fairly recent thing.

My two cents: A god can cast an illusion of looking like something else, thus could appear any way he or she chose at any time, including species, color, and gender. That would suggest that you could have multiple ways of having your god appear. As far as buying actual art for it, that's a bit tricky. Technically, you can buy a custom to look however you wanted, and there are no rules against saying that what you bought is a mortal illusion for your god. So until the rules say otherwise, I would say yes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:00 pm
Since the 1,000 word minimum for SRPs seems to be a set thing, which, I will say, I'm not happy about due to some of my SoA being unable to get ANY RP beyond an SRP no matter HOW much I ask for RP for them from others... Do I have to go back and edit old RPs? Because quite a few of my SoA, the SRPs are a month to two YEARS old that are unused :/  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:23 pm
Andranis
Since the 1,000 word minimum for SRPs seems to be a set thing, which, I will say, I'm not happy about due to some of my SoA being unable to get ANY RP beyond an SRP no matter HOW much I ask for RP for them from others... Do I have to go back and edit old RPs? Because quite a few of my SoA, the SRPs are a month to two YEARS old that are unused :/

We set the 1000 word limit so there would be some easily defined 'bar' as to what was legit or not, otherwise colorists are very uncertain how to judge the length of the self RPs people do.

If you have two smaller RPs that make over 1000 words together (but not each alone), you can go ahead and combine those two RPs to count as a single finished RP. <3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:40 pm
But none of the RPs have enough of a thing to do with each other to count as one RP. They're often set far too far apart, and have drastically different settings.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 pm
She doesn't mean actually combine them together, she means that if you have one rp that is 500 words and one that is 600 words, you can just list them together and they would count as one RP.

Like..
Rp 1 = regular rp with two people, 17 posts
RP 2 = regular rp with two people, 25 posts
RP 3 = self rp with 1035 words.
RP 4 = link to self rp 1 with 500 words, link to self rp 2 with 600 wrods
RP 5 = regular rp with two people, 15 posts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 pm
o3o I figured that the self-RP thing applied to SRPs where you're only using one SoA. Literally, that SoA is being RPed on its own, thinking/hunting/etc. Does the 1000 word thing apply when you're RPing two of your own SoAs together? Like, lets say you're RPing two of your SoAs together, and you make a 14 post RP (something that would be acceptable with two different owners).

Would that RP count or not?  

~Masamune~

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 am
Masa, I always use two SoA, I can't monologue just one SoA xd ;;

I'm not sure I fully understand that example, Felyn, but then... I don't count how many words my RPs have. I start it, I work on it for a total of 16 'posts' with a thick paragraph each, and then I finish it. My hitch with this rule is coming from, I HATED English class, and this rule is making me feel like I'm writing an English paper. Ask my teachers, I did not like writing papers, and if they gave me a research paper to do... I out-right did not do it, because I hated it :/ And I do not like having to meet what I feel is a tight, stringent standard, because that makes my work feel like I'm writing an English paper and that's taking the FUN out of it, like English took the fun out of reading for me for a LONG time, and I LOVE to read for the fun of it.  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games